RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those ubering to the boardwalk super early tomorrow morning, do you foresee an issue getting past the security gate? We are staying at All Star Movies and just trying to think of what to tell security when being dropped off. For what it’s worth, I just talked to the front desk here and they were told that the Hollywood Studios parking lot won’t open until 6am tomorrow.

So for those ubering to the boardwalk super early tomorrow morning, do you foresee an issue getting past the security gate? We are staying at All Star Movies and just trying to think of what to tell security when being dropped off. For what it’s worth, I just talked to the front desk here and they were told that the Hollywood Studios parking lot won’t open until 6am tomorrow.

Any way to get confirmation on this? 6 just seems absurdly late for a 8am opening. Other people are saying 5am. I don’t want to get up that early and be turned anyway. I thought generally if you got to the parks “before they open” then the parking gates are just wide open.

It really bothers me that Disney gave so many opportunities for MF and the land, and such early openings and now are doing a 180 for the crown jewel of the land.

Any way to get confirmation on this? 6 just seems absurdly late for a 8am opening. Other people are saying 5am. I don’t want to get up that early and be turned anyway. I thought generally if you got to the parks “before they open” then the parking gates are just wide open.

It really bothers me that Disney gave so many opportunities for MF and the land, and such early openings and now are doing a 180 for the crown jewel of the land.
I wouldn’t trust the person I spoke with. She didn’t seem to really know, but said she called and spoke to someone for a guest that asked her earlier in the day. I don’t think anyone but a select few really know what’s going on.

I wouldn’t trust the person I spoke with. She didn’t seem to really know, but said she called and spoke to someone for a guest that asked her earlier in the day. I don’t think anyone but a select few really know what’s going on.

I would think cast that work in parking would know. I wish I had thought to go ask around at the parking booth/trams/parking adentants today. Someone would have been scheduled to Open tomorrow and would know. It shouldn’t be so secretive. I guess I’m just going to risk it and go at 5.

What happens if we show up at 6 when the lots open? Do we still get into SWGE tomorrow? What's the outlook for people who won't be there at 4am like us?

We are at Yacht Club and will be walking over as far as possible at 2am. Can report back for anyone waiting to see when they should leave. We have just got back to Yacht now and I’m going to check with the front desk to see if they say anything different to what others have been told.

We are at AKL. Debating ubering to Boardwalk or driving over at 5am to the DHS lot. I hope everyone reports back what they see or hear. Can't decide which way to go.

At All Star Sports (and having to swap to Music tomorrow)

No clue what we are doing, other than probably not getting there are early as I should... :sad:

I’m at Pop. Consensus from what I gathered is lot opens at 6am. I have a car but I’m leaning hightly toward taking a Lyft to the boardwalk after I get up at 3.

Just been told by Yacht front desk that parking is opening at 12 but please take this with a massive pinch of salt as she was really unsure on what she knew. She said nothing was opening early and we may be let in at 7:15. And then mumbled about the parking.

Someone on Twitter has said he’s asked several CM’s about parking the and the answers have been anywhere between 3 and 6. So nowhere near my midnight answer!

Feel so sorry for these front line CM’s at times.

Just been told by Yacht front desk that parking is opening at 12 but please take this with a massive pinch of salt as she was really unsure on what she knew. She said nothing was opening early and we may be let in at 7:15. And then mumbled about the parking.

Someone on Twitter has said he’s asked several CM’s about parking the and the answers have been anywhere between 3 and 6. So nowhere near my midnight answer!

I’ve been told 6 more than anything. I’m just gonna Uber to the boardwalk around 3 am walk.

Just got back from the media event, phew, I'm exhausted but very happy.
For those asking about the drop, it is minimal, probably lasts a second or two
For those asking about motion sickness, the last part is a sim ride with a screen very close to you, this portion lasts about a min. It's the only spot where I can truly see someone having some issue
cannot help anyone about parking lot tomorrow, I was told 6, told before sic, told midnight, sorry, it seems it's the same misinformation as opening day for the land
For those asking about length of ride, I'm not sure if the ride was at 100% when I rode it but can ell you that each time it was about an hour experience from preshow to stepping out.
The ride closed before the media event ended when it was supposed to be open until 9
Have fun tomorrow everyone, please pack your patience and don't take it out on the CM, I honestly can feel my herniated disk pulsating so won't be going until after noon.

What about mid queue bathrooms/refreshers? Or do they at least have some of those bags from the Skyliner?
I am curious about this given the one hour start to finish time being mentioned. How does that work if you need a bathroom mid-ride? I know they have passes for MFSR and Oga's.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Wonder if they will implement the virtual queue for the entire land if the line for ROTR gets too long.

We are at Yacht Club and will be walking over as far as possible at 2am. Can report back for anyone waiting to see when they should leave. We have just got back to Yacht now and I’m going to check with the front desk to see if they say anything different to what others have been told.
We’ve just got back to YC too and also debating an early start... leaning towards leaving here at 3 but you never know, we might be right behind you at 2am!

I am curious about this given the one hour start to finish time being mentioned. How does that work if you need a bathroom mid-ride? I know they have passes for MFSR and Oga's.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Wonder if they will implement the virtual queue for the entire land if the line for ROTR gets too long.
The experience is 15 minutes from start to finish. The trackless vehicle porting is around 5 minutes. There is no one hour from start to finish.

We will be there in 2 weeks. Have fun good luck to all in the morning. Looking forward to all the updates and experiences. Keep warm.Safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter