Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Wait! I thought Salt Water Taffy is from "Salt" Lake City. That was the only thing I could think of from Utah.

We are already at 146 pages. Isn't 150 max?? Are we just a verbose group? Or are we just extra anxious? :wave2:

Uh-oh :confused3 Where's DisneylifeMel? We need a new thread started!

Amy, I'm not much of a talker - I do much better and feel more clear if I write everything out. I tried to keep it short and sweet so I didn't ramble, but there may be a style that worked better for someone else.

I say let your true personality shine in your answers. Make sure they feel your passion and see the person they loved in the video!pixiedust:

Thank you Anna! :) I am so excited, and nervous! I just hope they see something in me that they think would be a good fit for the panel! :thumbsup2

I LOVE reading all of your trip reports and blogs! They are so inspirational, and you have one of the best writing techniques I have ever seen! You are so creative and funny. :rotfl:

You guys are killing me today! Very punchy indeed! :rotfl:

And I just loved reading Anna's blog posts, too - such an amazing experience!

On the off, off chance that Jessica from NB does not make the panel, and I do, I will be more than happy to fill my suitcase with every Canadian chocolate bar I can get my hands on! Actually, I had no idea they sold them at Epcot! :confused3 Personally, I love Heath bars - gotta pick up a bunch of them every time we go to Buffalo! :thumbsup2

Back to the waiting room.:surfweb: Continued pixiedust: to everyone!

You are just a hop, skip and a jump from me! :jumping1:
I am in Amherst, NY!

I thought it was an east coast thing, but I would think Salt Water Taffy would be available anywhere there is Salt Water :) Is there actually a salt lake in Salt Lake City? :confused3 I think its gross anyway :goodvibes But then again I hate hockey and seafood and cold so I am a horrible Canadian through & through! :rotfl:

I think the max is 250 pgs?

OMG, you are a horrible Canadian! That's OK I hate the Buffalo Bills. :thumbsup2

DH and his cousin won a trip to Vegas a while back and they are getting ready to leave for it tomorrow AM. It really makes me want to have my own trip to take in December pixiedust: I'm sure I'd have more fun than they are going to have!

Sorry you fell and congrats on getting right back to it on Friday. I am also so appreciative of everyone's funny thoughts here:lmao: This is not only a great distraction but you guys are hilarious! Everyone here deserves to join the MP! Keep the fun coming.

Erica-- that sing your video idea sounds like a keeper. ;) Just a couple weeks late... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl:

I am terribly tone deaf. So, unless Laura and her team want all their drinking glasses in the conference room to shatter while watching my video, I think they should give me a pass and let me tell them a story like "Once Upon a Time, there was a girl named Amy, and all she wanted for Christmas was a visit from the Pink Princess, who would sprinkle her with pixie dust and take her off to the magical land that is Disney World..." :mic:

You guys are cracking me up today!!! I'm trying to keep my mind off the waiting, but this app keeps ringing away every time there is a new post. I have my alert tone set for "Boo To You" so I'm getting some weird looks today. I just smile and think "It's a Disney thing."

I'm trying to keep my nerves under control, but thinking about bringing a gift in December has me all tingly. I'm not sure what I would bring, I thought about the baskets that are hand made in Charleston (I'm from SC). For some reason this snack is a big thing here, but I'm not sure if Laura would appreciate an RC and a Moonpie ;).

Luckily, I have a Halloween/Birthday party (Nightmare Before Christmas) so I will be up to my elbows in monster toes, mummy dogs, and Oogie Boogie cupcakes this weekend!

Sitting bed, wearing a tiara and eating chicken & dumplings? I call that "Tuesday". ;) (Okay, not quite - but I don't really see .
HAHHA, I'm glad! Sorry about your fall, I did the same thing about a month ago, only difference --I was running 3 miles, not a million like you, I fell, got scraped up pretty good, jumped up quickly, looked around to see if anyone saw me & continued running....:thumbsup2

OMG Dawn! We are two peas in a pod, you and me! If we get there, we are going to have so much fun in December!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hey, sounds great to me..........pixiedust:

:offtopic: I think you might have a virus on your twitter account, you just sent me an odd tweet---seemed fishy--so I didn't open it, just change your password on Twitter and warn everyone of your contacts & you should be as good as new in no time!

HAHHA, I'm glad! Sorry about your fall, I did the same thing about a month ago, only difference --I was running 3 miles, not a million like you, I fell, got scraped up pretty good, jumped up quickly, looked around to see if anyone saw me & continued running....:thumbsup2

Hey, sounds great to me..........pixiedust:

:offtopic: I think you might have a virus on your twitter account, you just sent me an odd tweet---seemed fishy--so I didn't open it, just change your password on Twitter and warn everyone of your contacts & you should be as good as new in no time!

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't been on there since this morning ::yes::

logpey said:

I just got one too. Looks like the twitter hackers are at it again!!!

Ha! 20-year-old??? What about the partners????!!!! :lmao: Yes, that is why I left that career. I was getting married at the ripe old age of 38 and needed to focus on family. The employment law position was perfect for me given my HR and legal background.

Well, the partners are a given! ;)

Oh, I have stories! As I'm sure you do, too. Perhaps we'll get a chance to commiserate in December. :goodvibes

QUESTION OF THE DAY: After seeing some of the current DMP blogs about their training trip, I appears the new panel members bring a thank you gift to Laura and her team for all their hardwork.

Therefore, my question is this: If you were so honored to be named to the DMP what would you bring as your thank you gift from your region of the country (or world)?

I've read about that - what a great tradition. It would be interesting to know all the various things they have received over the years!

I've already thought about it, and think I would go first with some salsa. I usually make my own, as most store bought salsa is horrendous, but there is a small local company that makes some of the best jarred salsa! It's not fresh, but it's about as good as it gets from a jar!

Also, I would bring a little keepsake from Neiman Marcus. Neiman's started in Dallas, and I used to work right across the street from their flagship store downtown. :cloud9:

Amy, you and I would be quite the pair ::yes:: because I am just the same way! My family is so spoiled, when we go to WDW all they have to do is roll out of bed, get dressed, and get in the car. :lmao:

I am the same way. :laughing: I draw the line at packing DH's clothes...although somehow we're always having to buy something wherever we go because he forgot to pack it! But other than that, yep, all he has to do is show up!

One of the best things about going to Orlando these days is my Owner's Locker - that cuts down my packing so much! :thumbsup2

I have already said to myself "ooh, I need a mani-pedi and a cut & color before I go to training in December!" She says while :worship: the princess:

::yes::And I'm with you on the "let's see if I can lose 10 lbs. before December" idea. That shouldn't be too hard with the holidays, right?! :faint:

I've got a WDW question for you guys!! :thumbsup2 Maybe you can help me decide what to do. DH and I (no kids this time) arrive next Friday morning early, our plane lands at 8:30 AM. We plan to hit Epcot first for the F&W. I'm guessing we'll probably get over there around 10:30 or 11:00. Park closes at 10:00 PM. There is also a MNSSHP that night! It's the last one of the year!! pirate: So if you were in my shoes would you go? Or just stick with Epcot? We've been to MNSSHP many times but never without our kids. I'm thinking it might be a fun new experience as a couple!! :goodvibes Plus it lasts until midnight so we'd get more park time. On the other hand, I know we plan to be at MK the whole next day, we've got tickets to the passholder preview of the new FL, so maybe that is cutting our time at the F&W too short?? I'd love to know what you all think! :grouphug: THANKS!!!

I second all the suggestions to stay in Epcot and skip the party. If you really wanted a touch of the party, leave Epcot a bit early, take the monorail to the TTC, and walk over to the Poly beach. I did this a few weeks ago, and still got to see those awesome Hallowishes fireworks without paying party admission. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read them, Anna. Thanks for sharing the links with us! :goodvibes

DH and his cousin won a trip to Vegas a while back and they are getting ready to leave for it tomorrow AM. It really makes me want to have my own trip to take in December pixiedust: I'm sure I'd have more fun than they are going to have!

"What happens at Disney, stays at Disney!" My personal philosophy:thumbsup2pixiedust::rotfl2::banana::wizard::banana: Forget Las Vegas----b-o-r-i-n-g:love:

You guys are cracking me up today!!! I'm trying to keep my mind off the waiting, but this app keeps ringing away every time there is a new post. I have my alert tone set for "Boo To You" so I'm getting some weird looks today. I just smile and think "It's a Disney thing."

I'm trying to keep my nerves under control, but thinking about bringing a gift in December has me all tingly. I'm not sure what I would bring, I thought about the baskets that are hand made in Charleston (I'm from SC). For some reason this snack is a big thing here, but I'm not sure if Laura would appreciate an RC and a Moonpie ;).

Luckily, I have a Halloween/Birthday party (Nightmare Before Christmas) so I will be up to my elbows in monster toes, mummy dogs, and Oogie Boogie cupcakes this weekend!

We vacationed in Charleston two years ago, and I was in LOVE with those handmade baskets they sold at the market. I'd definitely hook Laura up with one of those. I also thought you guys had the best seafood I've ever tasted. It was seriously amazing at every single restaurant we visited! That would probably be a little harder to transport though :)

"What happens at Disney, stays at Disney!" My personal philosophy:thumbsup2pixiedust::rotfl2::banana::wizard::banana: Forget Las Vegas----b-o-r-i-n-g:love:

Exactly! :thumbsup2 Hubby and I are not gamblers. But I went with him a few years ago because he had a conference for work. So, we spent 6 days there. It was neat, we walked the whole strip, saw all the hotels and a few shows. We sat in on a time share, and got free tickets to Zumanity. We thought "oh, cool, a Cirque Du Soleil Show".:thumbsup2 Well, we get there, and there all all these signs at the ticket line that say "No admittance for anyone under 18 years of age".:scratchin And we looked at each other and said "huh?" :confused3 So, we sit in our seats, lots of average people like us, married couples, etc.popcorn:: All of a sudden several of these rather "buxom" ladies come out dressed in French Maid costumes, carrying trays of strawberries...feeding the men and sticking their hineys in faces! :rotfl2: Well, that was tame compared to what the show was like. :scared1: Under 18... mmm hmmm, I think it should have been " no admittance for anyone under 18, and anyone named Amy Leto".::yes:: It was Cirque du Soleil, but all the acrobats were nakey! :banana:

Sitting bed, wearing a tiara and eating chicken & dumplings? I call that "Tuesday". ;) (Okay, not quite - but I don't really see anything wrong with it.)

I don't know what I would bring for a gift. I'm in Michigan, but a car is a little out of my budget. I'm sure that I would think of something though.

Quick note - I did not get in my 15 mile run today. Went out on the trails, and did a face plant about mile 9. Decided that was enough to call it a day, and ran the 3/4 mile or so back to the trail head. Now that I'm cleaned up, it's not as bad as I thought, so I probably could have run another 4-5 miles. I'll just go back Friday or something.

Sorry about the fall. As much as I dislike running, I'd never wish that on anyone.

So, I had a really scary MP dream last night.

Someone on here posted that she'd received her R3 email (it was a particular poster, but I won't say whom for fear she might be creeped out by me having dreams about her)

No one else got anything. In our search for more info we uncovered a different Disney message board none of us had ever seen before, with a long MP Hopeful thread similar to ours here on the DIS. I clicked into the thread and they were all reporting R3 acceptances coming into their inboxes. I looked back in the thread where they had been posting their videos. ALL the videos were professional, with choreographed dancing, singing and theatrics. They all casually mentioned their favorite memories, but their videos were more or less over-the-top displays of Disney-like entertainment. Think costumes, props, pyrotechnics, etc.

It was so weird...they were all like Stepford MP Hopefuls. I woke up completely freaked out thinking it really happened for a while. My first thought was "how on earth am I going to find the time and resources to make a video like THAT next year!"

OMG! :faint:

I've only had one tiny "cat nap" dream, the afternoon that the Tweet from Karen on the MP came out. And it wasn't much more than the e-mails came out, and it was a "no" for me again this year. :worried:

Oh my! Could you imagine if next year's video requirement was to write a :60 song about your love of Disney?

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS, LIZ!!!!! ;)

OMG those are hubby's absolute favorite! Since Ontario is just across the river from Buffalo, they used to sell them here, but they don't anymore. When I went on my solo trip to WDW in February, I went to the Canada pavillion and bought TEN to bring home for him. The sales clerk must have thought I was a binge eater or something.

We're the same way with some of the chocolate bars in the Norway pavilion. We had friends that lived in Norway when I was a kid. We visited them twice, and subsequently all got hooked on their candy. Whenever I go to Epcot, I have to bring home a bag of Stratos bars (fluffy milk chocolate) for my dad, and Daiam bars (delicious toffee bars) for me, DH, and DB. :thumbsup2

Anna, I literally just Laughed Out Loud reading this: "This is too good to be true – a group of moms, who just 24 hours ago were correcting homework, changing diapers, making dinner; and a dad who just 24 hours ago was sitting in a recliner watching TV while his wife corrected homework, changed diapers, and made dinner – we are all standing together in the Cinderella Suite!"

That is hysterical!

And so true. :rotfl2:

Sorry, resident dads. I'm sure y'all are the exception. :thumbsup2

From the time we landed to arriving at AoA it was an hour! I couldn't believe how fast it was! Our bus was stopping here, Pop and CBR.

We are in the Nemo section, facing the lake, first floor. We can see some of LM and some of Pop. I must say we are all in love with it here! The theme is outstanding! We have already for our first presses penny, had breakfast and went swimming. Big blue is so nice! My son loves the splash area and the pool is so cool to hear the music underwater! My son is super excited for the Murphy bed. Right now he is napping in the "bedroom" part of the suite. I'm going to grab some lunch with my mom, unpack, take a quick cat nap and then we are heading to MK at 4 and DS and DH have apts at 5 for Harmony Barber shop! We couldn't get any table service adrs at a decent hour so we will get QS somewhere.

Sounds like an awesome start to your trip. Have fun! I so want to see AoA!

Liz! Could you imagine, you are talking to the :teacher: when DING! your phone tells you that you have an email, you take a look, and :scared1: and holy moley
it's the princess: with pixiedust: for you!

You can't contain your :rotfl2: so you end up on the :teacher: 's desk doing this: :dancer: and the next thing you know you are sitting with the school psychiatrist looking at ink blots. :thumbsup2

"Liz, what does this one look like?"
"well, Mr. Shrink, it looks like :tinker: "
"How about this one?"
"well, that is definitely :ccat: "

:rotfl::rotfl:

Funny story that only Disney peeps could enjoy or hopefully relate to:

I was sitting in my bedroom & my hubby walks in & looks at me :scratchin & said "It's a problem, when I come home from work at noon & you're wearing a Tiara-----in the bed-------while eating Chicken & Dumplings!" You've got some serious issues......... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rotfl2:pixiedust::cool1:
YES I DO!:thumbsup2

:lmao::lmao:

I think we just might be losing it!

Exactly! :thumbsup2 etc.popcorn:: All of a sudden several of these rather "buxom" ladies come out dressed in French Maid costumes, carrying trays of strawberries...feeding the men and sticking their hineys in faces! :rotfl2: Well, that was tame compared to what the show was like. :scared1: Under 18... mmm hmmm, I think it should have been " no admittance for anyone under 18, and anyone named Amy Leto".::yes:: It was Cirque du Soleil, but all the acrobats were nakey! :banana:

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter