Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

OMG! :faint:

I've only had one tiny "cat nap" dream, the afternoon that the Tweet from Karen on the MP came out. And it wasn't much more than the e-mails came out, and it was a "no" for me again this year. :worried:

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS, LIZ!!!!! ;)

We're the same way with some of the chocolate bars in the Norway pavilion. We had friends that lived in Norway when I was a kid. We visited them twice, and subsequently all got hooked on their candy. Whenever I go to Epcot, I have to bring home a bag of Stratos bars (fluffy milk chocolate) for my dad, and Daiam bars (delicious toffee bars) for me, DH, and DB. :thumbsup2

That is hysterical!

And so true. :rotfl2:

Sorry, resident dads. I'm sure y'all are the exception. :thumbsup2

Sounds like an awesome start to your trip. Have fun! I so want to see AoA!

:rotfl::rotfl:

:lmao::lmao:

I think we just might be losing it!

What? You mean I'm not supposed to wear my Cheshire Cat Mouse Ears while vacuuming? :ccat:

We are leaving next Wed for Food and Wine with no kids and another couple. We have reservations at California Grill one night and Kouzzina another. I wanted to ask you guys what you think of Cat Cora's restaurant? It is our first time going there and our friends are big foodies and not big Disney fans ( i know - it pains me!)

We are leaving next Wed for Food and Wine with no kids and another couple. We have reservations at California Grill one night and Kouzzina another. I wanted to ask you guys what you think of Cat Cora's restaurant? It is our first time going there and our friends are big foodies and not big Disney fans ( i know - it pains me!)

We have a lot of Greek places up here, so I was very excited when Kouzzina opened. But I was expecting more "Greek Street Food", like souvlaki and gyros, not some of the dishes Cat chose to put on the menu. I do not care for lamb, or seafood, and I think Cinnamon has about as much business being in meat, as fish does in ice cream. (Food Network's Chopped comes to mind)

I did like the appetizer with pita and a few spreads.
The pork tenderloin was good.
And I loved the chocolate cake for dessert.

I don't think I would go there again on purpose.

I love California Grill - great food and great view - not at all a fan of Kouzzina at all.:crazy2:

I absolutely LOVE greek food, however, both times I went to Kouzzina, I got sick.:crazy2: It's unfortunate because I really like Cat Cora and when she was at Party for the Senses in early October, I really enjoyed her dish there and wished it could be at Kouzzina.

If it helps, I think it was the Pastitsio that made me sick both times and I love Pastitsio. I went back after the first time because I really like her Ouzotini drink. I wish they had a bar so I could just come in to order that drink!

Hopefully, you will not have the same experience as me, but I wanted to let you know because it is the only restaurant on property that has made me sick (twice).

I am LOVING your trip report so far, but I must say that my favorite part was this:
"I’m sure there were a few of us phoning our 1st grade elementary school teachers to share the excitement with them (sorry, Sister Josepha, for not phoning you in the previous 38 years, but I had no real news to share until my name was drawn from that hat!)."

I am almost falling out of my chair about this. I could imagine myself calling Sister Patricia, MY first grade teacher, should something so wonderful like being chosen to spend the night in Cinderella's castle, happen to me, and her saying, "This is Marcy WHO????" Ha!

Okay, now back to reading. :)

Thank you guys! :idea:Ok, so if we keep Cal grill and cancel Kouzinna, where else (1 dining credit and NO hoppers and we are at EP) would you try to get in?

Thank you guys! :idea:Ok, so if we keep Cal grill and cancel Kouzinna, where else (1 dining credit and NO hoppers and we are at EP) would you try to get in?

Hacienda San Angel for sure! We were there in May. Awesome food. Try to get ADR for 8pm or so, then you can watch Illuminations, perfect location, they have floor to ceiling wall of windows, and they pipe in the audio for the show!:thumbsup2

KLUCA said:

my new favorite at Epcot is Via Napoli. IMO, Best. Pizza. Ever! I am also a fan of Coral Reef.

I LOVE eating at Epcot. One credit meals that are very good are Le Cellier (lunch), Hacienda de San Angel, and Chefs De France. I've also heard that Tutto Italia is very good, but I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet.

I am going crazy!! I almost bought this pair of super cute pink, sparkly shoes today because....well.. you never know, I COULD use them in December. :) Then I had to stop myself because it's absolutely ridiculous that I'm thinking about the training trip when I haven't even gotten to the interview yet!!! I have to take my mind of this so I'm going to the movies tonight to see Taken 2. A mindless action film and some over-salted popcorn should be just what I need! I'll let you know if it works...

Funny story that only Disney peeps could enjoy or hopefully relate to:

I was sitting in my bedroom & my hubby walks in & looks at me :scratchin & said "It's a problem, when I come home from work at noon & you're wearing a Tiara-----in the bed-------while eating Chicken & Dumplings!" You've got some serious issues......... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rotfl2:pixiedust::cool1:
YES I DO!:thumbsup2

You just made me completely laugh out loud with this!! :rotfl2:

and I can relate completely. Get sooooo nervous about making it to R3!! :crazy2:

Amy, I'm not much of a talker - I do much better and feel more clear if I write everything out. I tried to keep it short and sweet so I didn't ramble, but there may be a style that worked better for someone else.

I say let your true personality shine in your answers. Make sure they feel your passion and see the person they loved in the video!pixiedust:

I loved your blog!!! you're a great writer! I felt like I was there with you!

MissLiz said:
If it were last year's teacher, he would have completely understood. This year, not so much.

It'd be worse if you are the teacher, doing conferences, and the email alert goes off but being that I got the Round 2 notification while we were all on the bus coming home from the pumpkin farm and they all cheered... I'm fairly certain they'd understand!!

I agree with the other posters. For one dining credit, you'll get your money's worth at Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, La Hacienda and Coral Reef. I like the unique atmosphere at Marrakesh and Biergarten too. But you definitely don't get as much value for your credit at Biergarten since it is a buffet.

I got another message on Facebook today from another high school friend that wants me to help them plan! They are going in a group of 12 in February! :grouphug: So, right now I am planning for 5 different families! That's 14 in the last two weeks.:eek: I LOVE it though! I really do! And they are always so impressed at how fast I can put it together, and how I can answer pretty much any question within seconds. I LOVE it! OK Disney Gods and the princess: work your magic and send me some pixiedust: , I love doing this, but I REALLY want on the Panel!!! ;) ;) ;)

I got another message on Facebook today from another high school friend that wants me to help them plan! They are going in a group of 12 in February! :grouphug: So, right now I am planning for 5 different families! That's 14 in the last two weeks.:eek: I LOVE it though! I really do! And they are always so impressed at how fast I can put it together, and how I can answer pretty much any question within seconds. I LOVE it! OK Disney Gods and the princess: work your magic and send me some pixiedust: , I love doing this, but I REALLY want on the Panel!!! ;) ;) ;)

Once you are finished with your stint on the Mom's Panel, maybe you should think about becoming a travel agent that specializes in Disney!

Kinda sad that y'all didn't love Kouzzina! I am a big fan.:confused3

We try to eat at a new place on every trip, but Kouzzina is one of the few we havent tried which is why we wanted to try it. Thanks for the input

Wow, you guys have been busy :dance3: I've been drowning in sick kids over here for the last few days, so I haven't had time to keep up with everything. I'm hoping to read over the last pages as I sit on the couch with my pistachio gelato and forget about all the laundry I should be doing. :laundy:

I don't know what I would bring for a gift. I'm in Michigan, but a car is a little out of my budget. I'm sure that I would think of something though.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in a suburb of Detroit. I have three words for you. Saunders. Hot. Fudge. :lovestruc Or Vernors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter