Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Amy18 said:
I am terribly tone deaf. So, unless Laura and her team want all their drinking glasses in the conference room to shatter while watching my video, I think they should give me a pass and let me tell them a story like "Once Upon a Time, there was a girl named Amy, and all she wanted for Christmas was a visit from the Pink Princess, who would sprinkle her with pixie dust and take her off to the magical land that is Disney World..." :mic:

I love this thought. Keep the pixie dust coming!

Are we opening another thread?

EDIT - Nevermind!!!! I just saw another thread with 249 pages... so let the conversation grow!!!!!

Amy started the new thread. See page 148 for the link. It already has three pages! See you all there.

:hourglass

Once you are finished with your stint on the Mom's Panel, maybe you should think about becoming a travel agent that specializes in Disney!

People have been telling me for years that I should! But I can't imagine charging money for this, I love it so much, I don't care if I do it for free! I even feel guilty when they bring me back souvenirs!:thumbsup2

I was happy to see a lot of people where leaving MK as we got there yesterday, we arrived around 4. We went for the grand circle tour on the train, my son has made this our first ride every time we come. I miss the old music, does anyone remember "rolling, rolling on the express, rolling on the Walt Disney World Express?" (Or something like that!). After the train we headed to the barber shop. This was the best experience for my DS with a haircut! He normally squirms a lot but I guess tons of Mickey stickers and a light up toy are all it takes. While they were getting their haircuts some ladies came in for pixie dust. I completely forgot we could get that done. So my mom and I decided we should get dusted! It was a lot of fun! I am so glad that even at 30 and 65 we can still feel and act like kids!

After Harmony Barber shop we had our pictures taken where the flag pole is and the saw the wait for Mickey was only 5 mins! We pretty much walked right in! My son was so cute, when Mickey posed for his picture with him he kneeled down, well then my son had to try and kneel like him. His face was so full of smiles and he was excited to finally give his pal a hug!

We went to Tomorrow Land first and the line for Buzz Lightyear said 20 mins but we thought it looked a lot longer, they still had FP left and they were for 40 mins later. We got out FP and went to ride TTA, we had to wait a few mins to get on because the ride had stopped but then we were quickly loaded and on our way. The train made it into SM, just past the part that you see the cars go up the incline, to where you can look over and see the robot dog and then we stopped, and then we started moving backwards! The lights in the hall turned on and we had a few announcements about staying seated and we will begin moving soon. I could not believe how much SM made our train shake, my son was not a fan of that! Shortly they started saying a cast member would assist us momentarily. Then we realized we would not be finishing our ride but getting walked off! Oddly, this was exciting to us. We had never been walked off any ride before! We were given a FP for any MK ride we want. Once we got off if was time for us to ride Buzz! We walked right on Buzz, my husband score was messed up, he only got 5,000 points and normally he smokes me! My son was trying to give me whiplash with spinning the cart!

After Buzz, my son wanted to go on the speedway so my husband went with him and my mom and I went to CoP. I love this ride! It always makes me laugh. Not to mention it is a nice break! We regrouped after this and my parents decided they were beat and were coming back to the hotel. They have annual passes so they don't feel the need to run themselves into the ground like we do :-) DS was hungry so we got him a hot dog, apple slices and milk (can I tell you how much I miss free dining?!? Paying for food stinks!) I really think our next trip will be planned during free dining again.

It was 7:15 at this point and my son wanted to go see The Tiki Room, crossing Main Street and getting to Adventure Land was a little crazy because of the people leaving and others lining up for the MSEP. We waited 5 mins for Tiki Room and there was maybe 20 people in there. My son covered his ears for the whole time but then as soon as it was done, stands up claps and says he loves it! Jungle Cruise had a 5 min wait so we rode that. I love Jungle Cruise as night! It has such a different feel than day time. Some of the jokes I had not heard before so that was a nice change, they sure are corny but enjoyable!

Pirates was another walk on, they even let us pick whatever row we wanted. My son picked the first row, then we we sat down he goes "sit on my lap Momma, I don't want to get wet!" I'm pretty sure I got punked by a 3 year old because my shirts ended up soaked from the cannon splashes! The mermaid skeleton was pretty neat! My husband really seemed to like that addition too. The first time my son saw Captain Jack in the ride he started waving like a nut and yelling hi Captain Jack! He was sad he didn't wave back, so I guess he still thinks everyone in the ride is real!

Next we headed to It's a small world which was a little tricky because of the parade making its way into Frontierland as we were trying to get out. We briefly stopped to watch some floats go by and then continued on our mission to embark on the happiest cruise that ever sailed. This was another walk on, but when we were getting off we realized it was 8:55 and we needed to get out of there ASAP because my son is not a fan of fireworks up close! We made it to the speedway and the fireworks were about to start. The speedway was walk on and was the perfect way to spend Wishes. The cars are kind of loud and DS was so occupied with his "driving" that he didn't mind the fireworks. We even saw Tinkerbell fly while we were walking on the ramp up to the queue line.

My son had been wanting to go on Astro Orbiters but the line had been long, since it was the end of the night and the line was shorter him and my husband rode it while I sat and people watched. We then hit the bathrooms and left a little before 10.

The bus stop for AoA is number 16, the line started at 14. The line was insanely long! Buses were slowly coming and we were creeping along and then then loaded double buses which made a difference and then 3 buses were loading at once. DS feel asleep waiting in line, which I was happy about because he was tired but oh man trying to hold 40lbs of sleeping kid on a packed bus is not easy! I was not sure if I was even going to be able to move once we got back. It took us an hour from the time we got in like to when we got back to AoA.

My DH and I both wanted something sweet to eat so we stopped in the food court. I got a chocolate croissant and he got a cinnamon roll, it was $7! I'm still in no free dining shock lol! My husband said he likes Pop Century's food court better and feels they had more offerings. I think the food here is a little more unique and my husband is more of a ice cream than gelato or smoothie type of guy.

We came back to the room, put DS in bed and chatted with my parents. They had a pizza delivered earlier so we microwaved that and ate. It was at that point we realized we fed DS but never ate ourselves! Oops.

The beds are comfy and this room layout works great for my family and my parents. The curtains are really good and its still pitch black in here and it's 8:15 (DS and DH are still sleeping). I do wish they had a privacy curtain to section off the living room, that would be great. When my DS napped yesterday we put him in the bedroom part so it could be dark and quiet for him but at night or in the morning it would be nice if we had a curtain to pull across so DH and I could watch tv or just look out the windows without worrying about waking DS.

shinysparklybubbles said:
I was happy to see a lot of people where leaving MK as we got there yesterday, we arrived around 4. We went for the grand circle tour on the train, my son has made this our first ride every time we come. I miss the old music, does anyone remember "rolling, rolling on the express, rolling on the Walt Disney World Express?" (Or something like that!). After the train we headed to the barber shop. This was the best experience for my DS with a haircut! He normally squirms a lot but I guess tons of Mickey stickers and a light up toy are all it takes. While they were getting their haircuts some ladies came in for pixie dust. I completely forgot we could get that done. So my mom and I decided we should get dusted! It was a lot of fun! I am so glad that even at 30 and 65 we can still feel and act like kids!

After Harmony Barber shop we had our pictures taken where the flag pole is and the saw the wait for Mickey was only 5 mins! We pretty much walked right in! My son was so cute, when Mickey posed for his picture with him he kneeled down, well then my son had to try and kneel like him. His face was so full of smiles and he was excited to finally give his pal a hug!

We went to Tomorrow Land first and the line for Buzz Lightyear said 20 mins but we thought it looked a lot longer, they still had FP left and they were for 40 mins later. We got out FP and went to ride TTA, we had to wait a few mins to get on because the ride had stopped but then we were quickly loaded and on our way. The train made it into SM, just past the part that you see the cars go up the incline, to where you can look over and see the robot dog and then we stopped, and then we started moving backwards! The lights in the hall turned on and we had a few announcements about staying seated and we will begin moving soon. I could not believe how much SM made our train shake, my son was not a fan of that! Shortly they started saying a cast member would assist us momentarily. Then we realized we would not be finishing our ride but getting walked off! Oddly, this was exciting to us. We had never been walked off any ride before! We were given a FP for any MK ride we want. Once we got off if was time for us to ride Buzz! We walked right on Buzz, my husband score was messed up, he only got 5,000 points and normally he smokes me! My son was trying to give me whiplash with spinning the cart!

After Buzz, my son wanted to go on the speedway so my husband went with him and my mom and I went to CoP. I love this ride! It always makes me laugh. Not to mention it is a nice break! We regrouped after this and my parents decided they were beat and were coming back to the hotel. They have annual passes so they don't feel the need to run themselves into the ground like we do :-) DS was hungry so we got him a hot dog, apple slices and milk (can I tell you how much I miss free dining?!? Paying for food stinks!) I really think our next trip will be planned during free dining again.

It was 7:15 at this point and my son wanted to go see The Tiki Room, crossing Main Street and getting to Adventure Land was a little crazy because of the people leaving and others lining up for the MSEP. We waited 5 mins for Tiki Room and there was maybe 20 people in there. My son covered his ears for the whole time but then as soon as it was done, stands up claps and says he loves it! Jungle Cruise had a 5 min wait so we rode that. I love Jungle Cruise as night! It has such a different feel than day time. Some of the jokes I had not heard before so that was a nice change, they sure are corny but enjoyable!

Pirates was another walk on, they even let us pick whatever row we wanted. My son picked the first row, then we we sat down he goes "sit on my lap Momma, I don't want to get wet!" I'm pretty sure I got punked by a 3 year old because my shirts ended up soaked from the cannon splashes! The mermaid skeleton was pretty neat! My husband really seemed to like that addition too. The first time my son saw Captain Jack in the ride he started waving like a nut and yelling hi Captain Jack! He was sad he didn't wave back, so I guess he still thinks everyone in the ride is real!

Next we headed to It's a small world which was a little tricky because of the parade making its way into Frontierland as we were trying to get out. We briefly stopped to watch some floats go by and then continued on our mission to embark on the happiest cruise that ever sailed. This was another walk on, but when we were getting off we realized it was 8:55 and we needed to get out of there ASAP because my son is not a fan of fireworks up close! We made it to the speedway and the fireworks were about to start. The speedway was walk on and was the perfect way to spend Wishes. The cars are kind of loud and DS was so occupied with his "driving" that he didn't mind the fireworks. We even saw Tinkerbell fly while we were walking on the ramp up to the queue line.

My son had been wanting to go on Astro Orbiters but the line had been long, since it was the end of the night and the line was shorter him and my husband rode it while I sat and people watched. We then hit the bathrooms and left a little before 10.

The bus stop for AoA is number 16, the line started at 14. The line was insanely long! Buses were slowly coming and we were creeping along and then then loaded double buses which made a difference and then 3 buses were loading at once. DS feel asleep waiting in line, which I was happy about because he was tired but oh man trying to hold 40lbs of sleeping kid on a packed bus is not easy! I was not sure if I was even going to be able to move once we got back. It took us an hour from the time we got in like to when we got back to AoA.

My DH and I both wanted something sweet to eat so we stopped in the food court. I got a chocolate croissant and he got a cinnamon roll, it was $7! I'm still in no free dining shock lol! My husband said he likes Pop Century's food court better and feels they had more offerings. I think the food here is a little more unique and my husband is more of a ice cream than gelato or smoothie type of guy.

We came back to the room, put DS in bed and chatted with my parents. They had a pizza delivered earlier so we microwaved that and ate. It was at that point we realized we fed DS but never ate ourselves! Oops.

The beds are comfy and this room layout works great for my family and my parents. The curtains are really good and its still pitch black in here and it's 8:15 (DS and DH are still sleeping). I do wish they had a privacy curtain to section off the living room, that would be great. When my DS napped yesterday we put him in the bedroom part so it could be dark and quiet for him but at night or in the morning it would be nice if we had a curtain to pull across so DH and I could watch tv or just look out the windows without worrying about waking DS.

You certainly got a lot done in such a short time! I never thought about the speedway as a way to drown out the sounds of the fireworks. Very cool.

I hear you on the sticker shock of paying for meals after you've done the dining plan. since we're DVC, we never get "free" dining, but we added a DP once and it was nice to not worry about prices as much for most of our meals.

I second that! It is so much fun reading the essay responses and watching the videos! There is so much generosity of spirit on the DIS! Everyone has done such a fantastic job! The MP Search judges must be pulling their hair out right about now. I certainly don't envy them their task.

I promise to share my actual video should I make it to R3 (loooong shot!) So far only my DH has seen it since he was the one to shoot it on my iPhone and then edit 2 seconds off of the running time. I had to cut out saying my name and where I'm at the very beginning. Oh, well. I did like 20 takes and still wasn't happy with the final product. I feel as if I sounded like such a dork. And had a big red shiny nose (due to allergies) that no amount of foundation or concealer was going to cover up. I had wanted to shoot outside (trees in our yard are so pretty with autumn colors), but it actually started RAINING as soon as I stepped outside. Gee, what kind of omen was that?!

So we shot the video in the foyer with me standing in front of the coat closet doors. Hard to get good lighting and no shadows. (soooo intimidated by mjaclyn's amazing video! Dang if it doesn't look better than the videos on the Moms Panel site!)

My husband worked all weekend and I had to wait until he got home late Monday night to shoot the video. I was really sweating it! I had written draft responses to the essays Friday afternoon not long after we received the R2 congratulatory emails. I just had to tweak them and shave off a few words t comply with the 100-word counts.

Believe it or not, I pushed the "submit" button at 11:33 PM (EST)! I must get the "prize" for latest R2 submission. Yeah, I know, I live on the edge, baby :cool1:
Congrats on Round 3!!

Did you ever post your video?

Hi All! I'm new to the blogging world, so please bear with me! I am also a HUGE fan of all things Disney! I completed the application for round one, and I am anxiously awaiting the e-mail telling me if I made it to round two...Mel, please add my name to your list of hopefuls! Thanks & Good Luck to all!!!

WDW Visitor 1977-Present
WDW Cast Member 1995-1998
Married on Disney Fantasy 2012
Honeymoon WDW 2013
Disney MOM 2014???

dizgrl77 said:
Hi All! I'm new to the blogging world, so please bear with me! I am also a HUGE fan of all things Disney! I completed the application for round one, and I am anxiously awaiting the e-mail telling me if I made it to round two...Mel, please add my name to your list of hopefuls! Thanks & Good Luck to all!!!

WDW Visitor 1977-Present
WDW Cast Member 1995-1998
Married on Disney Fantasy 2012
Honeymoon WDW 2013
Disney MOM 2014???

This is last years thread. .look above to sign into this years! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter