[Rumor] DCA only AP

I understand that disney wants to ring every dime possible out of their customers but this is a really poor idea. DCA is a second class park when compared to Disneyland. Attendance at DCA will drop through the floor if they go forward with this idiotic scheme. But I could see them doing this, because of late, they are doing lots of really stupid stuff.

I understand that disney wants to ring every dime possible out of their customers but this is a really poor idea. DCA is a second class park when compared to Disneyland. Attendance at DCA will drop through the floor if they go forward with this idiotic scheme. But I could see them doing this, because of late, they are doing lots of really stupid stuff.

What? How will attendance drop at DCA with the addition of a DCA ONLY admission ticket?

Meh, not something I'd be interested in. Seems there are a LOT of black out dates with that pass, too.

You know, if the price was right, I'd buy them for my husband and kids. I'm planning a signature pass for me next year after going through serious withdrawals this year, but my kids (sadly) prefer DCA over Disneyland sometimes, so I think they'd be fine with it. DCA, while not quite as amazing as DL, is still a pretty awesome park. Plenty to do there these days. A lot better than when they first opened at least. I read somewhere that the idea may eventually be for each park to have its own AP. Something to do with the impact of SWL or something. I just want to know how much it costs. Would make a great birthday gift for my kids or something.

Most likely they would charge less for a one park AP than a double park AP. Meaning they can charge us more for our APs with park hopping. Blah! It's a weird concept, but I wouldn't put Disney past trying it. And the comments on that Facebook post seemed pretty positive, though they were assuming cheap prices. I guess if it was cheap it could be favorable for many locals who don't buy typical APs due to prices.

One thing you have to think about, Disneyland is not in vacuum as compared to WDW. So you have a much higher percentage of local visitors, and also more non-Disney choices.

Locals can get a basic pass with blockout dates at Knott's (Cedar Fair), Universal, Six Flags Magic Mountain and SeaWorld at around $100 a year, and some even have payment plans. Of Course, there are more expensive ones that offer less/no blockout days, and additional perks in regards to discounts and free parking, plus being able to use them at any of the specific companies locations including water parks. They also now offer season passes for meals (all day dining), soft drinks, and Six Flags even has a Front of the Line type of season pass (but it isn't cheap).

So Disney is trying to get capacity as high as they can, without overtaxing the park. The big question, if it is true, how much would it be... And I guess we will find out shortly.

Locals can get a basic pass with blockout dates at Knott's (Cedar Fair), Universal, Six Flags Magic Mountain and SeaWorld at around $100 a year, and some even have payment plans. Of Course, there are more expensive ones that offer less/no blockout days, and additional perks in regards to discounts and free parking, plus being able to use them at any of the specific companies locations including water parks. They also now offer season passes for meals (all day dining), soft drinks, and Six Flags even has a Front of the Line type of season pass (but it isn't cheap).

I don't consider the quality of those parks to be the same as Disney. Universal is getting close with some of the great things they're doing there. We have passes to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. The park includes animals, which is nice, but there are zero family rides. The only ride our youngest can go on is a train that makes a very short loop through a not very scenic area. There are big coasters that even our 48"+ kid cannot go on, and then there are kiddie rides that we cannot or do not want to ride. There is very little in between. We went to Magic Mountain this summer for a day (for free with our pass) and found it to be better than Discovery Kingdom in what they offered, but still with the same lack of family rides. I've read complaints that that is one of the big problems with Universal too as even the new Harry Potter area has no little kid rides (coaster has a height requirement). I think Disney is still in a league of their own when it comes to providing entertainment the entire family can enjoy together.

That being said, I really worry that this is just another change in the string of AP changes and is going to result in higher prices for the standard Deluxe pass (cheapest pass available to non SoCal residents) and the higher level passes.

I wouldn't be surprised, they already do this at the tokyo disneyland resort. However it's not something I would go for, I think it would be hard to go to DCA for a whole year and walk past disneyland to get there, yet never be able to go into it.

I think I'd actually buy it if it were cheap enough. I like DL, but the only rides I am frequently willing to spend time fighting crowds for are Indy, Big Thunder, and maybe haunted mansion. Once radiator springs was added, I started spending a lot more time just hanging out in DCA.

Because nobody is going to buy that garbage.

It still wouldn't impact attendance as people still can buy the regular AP's & park hoppers. Those are not magically going away. DCA is also significantly better then when it first came out. It used to be a 1/2 day park at best, and now it's easy to kill an entire day there. Disney is probably doing this as a test to see about split admissions again.

It looks like they are expecting a problem with too many people choosing DL and forgetting about DCA once the Star Wars attractions open. I think it's wise to anticipate. It will be very interesting to watch. I would expect perhaps another round of huge price increases for APs leading up to its opening, coupled with an enticing offer for DCA only AP. It actually sounds like a solid plan.

They have to do something or the local APs will keep Star Wars Land so congested it won't be appealing to other guests.

It still wouldn't impact attendance as people still can buy the regular AP's & park hoppers. Those are not magically going away. DCA is also significantly better then when it first came out. It used to be a 1/2 day park at best, and now it's easy to kill an entire day there. Disney is probably doing this as a test to see about split admissions again.

It will ultimately effect attendance at all parks because if they come up with a DCA only pass, you can bet money the prices of all other passes will go up shortly after it rolls out.

They want to shift attendance at Disneyland to DCA while at the same time, increase profits.

It will ultimately effect attendance at all parks because if they come up with a DCA only pass, you can bet money the prices of all other passes will go up shortly after it rolls out.

They want to shift attendance at Disneyland to DCA while at the same time, increase profits.

Well of course they do. It's smart business sense. Though right now they already have individual park tickets. It's the one day one park ticket. The only price that may go up from a dca only ap is the other ap's, and those along with tickets have rose steadily over the past few years. 2012 I believe was our first year and premier was only 500. Now it's almost 1000

I'm not sure what to think of this. Without a price, I can't make a solid judgement yet. That and its a rumor for now. It seems like it's geared for local visitors, but I'm more concerned about the affects of vacationing visitors like most of the families on this board. Will it increase attendance at a park that can't absorb higher numbers? Will it raise the cost of the normal APs? (Of course it will!) Will there be special offers for those with that particular pass that other AP holders won't get? How much more money is this going to cost me in some roundabout way? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well of course they do. It's smart business sense. Though right now they already have individual park tickets. It's the one day one park ticket. The only price that may go up from a dca only ap is the other ap's, and those along with tickets have rose steadily over the past few years. 2012 I believe was our first year and premier was only 500. Now it's almost 1000

Expect it to rise even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter