[Rumor] DCA only AP

I am not interested in DCA only, as we come a long way, but I do wonder what the blackout dates are.

Wonder if it's time to buy our APs for next year, before the price increases...I expect they'll increase within the next month. I checked the Disneyland website the other day but did not see a current expiration for first usage for APs. Last year when they upped prices the current APs at Disney Stores were valid until this December. If that was the case I could buy them now for next year, but if they must be used by this December then it wouldn't work for us.

I'd check for fine print and buy them now if it's possible.

We don't know if we'll be back next year, or when so can't consider AP's.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought even if I buy mine now and prices go up before I activate, I still have to pay the difference at the gate.

No you don't. You will only pay the difference is if you decide to upgrade to a higher tier, in which case you will pay the current price, and not the price of when you bought the lower tier upgrade.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought even if I buy mine now and prices go up before I activate, I still have to pay the difference at the gate.

No, you can lock in your price by buying tickets early. This works for regular tickets too. But if you upgrade them you'll usually have to pay the difference between what you paid and what they are selling for at the gate.

This is an interesting concept, but if I were going to spring for an AP, it'd be for DL, not CA, though I do really enjoy CA's offerings, too.

Knowing that it's mostly Saturday blockouts and Holiday Weekends... it's not a bad deal if you can't afford both parks. You get some pretty good food options and a discount, plus hold AP status for special events.

I'm going to wager that the big price increase is coming now in September (perhaps 9/1) for APs and they're going to introduce this as an alternative.

I'd check for fine print and buy them now if it's possible.

The fine print on the website didn't say, so I chatted with a CM. She says they expire end of 2017. Might be time to buy them. I'm worried they'll go up another $50 each, and we need four since two of our kids are over 3 now.

Does anyone know if Disney still allows the Disney Store AP vouchers to be used for AP renewals (not first time purchase)? We've used other vouchers in the past, but want to make sure that this is still allowed.

-1 for me not reading the entire thread first.

Without the parking option on this pass, it's more expensive than $330.

Last edited:
I dunno.

• Our SC AP's have increased 255% in the past 11 seasons...that's an average of 23% a year
  • Regular (Deluxe) AP's have increased 425%(!) in the last 13-14 seasons...that's an average of 30+% a year
  • Your AP's have double in 5 seasons...that's an average of 20% a year
See a trend? Did our AP's jump 20-30% every year? No. But years with smaller increases were offset by years with balloon increases. Not to mention the loss of some benefits like blackout day discounts and adding parking to lower AP's.

Drop in attendance?!? Doesn't matter...because park revenue is up because of higher ticket prices.
While true about the prices, attendance is still high. Parks are packed even more with the rise in prices. Everyone has their price point. I don't do other parks as they do not hold the value for me. My daughter went to Six Flags with the intent of visiting for a day and upgrading to an AP. Didn't happen. We prefer to spend out entertainment dollars at Disneyland.

I cant imagine doing DL without DCA or viceversa.... so can someone tell me if I can renew my AP already (it doesnt expire until Oct) so I can lock in the price?

OC teens head to the park every Friday night as their local hangout, I see them spend plenty on food.
Sorry, but I really don't see that as a perk. I think DL as teen hang out is a real negative, similar to having them hang out in shopping malls.

...I wonder if i can buy a $40 ticket to get into DLR for a day... would be nice!

The blackout day tickets were discontinued a few years ago. Now it's either a full priced ticket or nothing.

I cant imagine doing DL without DCA or viceversa.... so can someone tell me if I can renew my AP already (it doesnt expire until Oct) so I can lock in the price?

Go to your AP account online. If you are within your 40 day renewal window, the option to renew should show up on your page. I think this was how we knew when our window opened up last year.

Where should they hang out then? Their bedroom?
I was there in the 80's when Disneyland became a teen hangout. It was not a pretty picture, walking by large groups kids who were trying to look bored while poking fun at other park guests. I would hate to see that happen again.

I just think Disneyland should be a place for special occasions not a place to go when there's nothing better to do.

Where can kids hang out in OC: The beach, a community center, parks, libraries, with their families? There are a lot of options.

I was there in the 80's when Disneyland became a teen hangout. It was not a pretty picture, walking by large groups kids who were trying to look bored while poking fun at other park guests. I would hate to see that happen again.

I just think Disneyland should be a place for special occasions not a place to go when there's nothing better to do.

Where can kids hang out in OC: The beach, a community center, parks, libraries, with their families? There are a lot of options.

Honestly, we go to Disneyland on average once every 3-4 months and we've never seen teens making fun of guests or looking bored. Disneyland is for everyone. It is not for you to decide what teens enjoy or where they wish to hang out with friends.

In fact, what you are promoting is ageism, based off of an opinion of your own observation 30 years ago. Especially with the cost of tickets, I highly doubt the parents of these teens can afford to pay to have their kids look bored. What next, is it going to be a horrible thing for child free adults to go to the park because it's something that should be just for families?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter