Great thread. Lots of helpful info.

Do they have a race day/weekend only Photopass? I am not going with family and don't plan on going into the parks so paying the $150 for the Memory Maker is not worth it and $14.95/picture would get steep fast.
There is a day only Memory Maker that is available. Anything more than a day is $150+.

There is a day only Memory Maker that is available. Anything more than a day is $150+.

Ouch. Do they tend to take a lot of pictures during the races? If there is only 2 - 3 per race then the per shot prices would work better than the $150.

Is there any data on approximately what PoT gets you into each corral?

Ouch. Do they tend to take a lot of pictures during the races? If there is only 2 - 3 per race then the per shot prices would work better than the $150.

Is there any data on approximately what PoT gets you into each corral?
I got a ton of pictures during the races. Each character stop has a photographer for the most part and there are several on the course especially near the finish.

Each race is a little different. Here is an example of how things line up.

IMG_0583.JPG

For example I submitted a 2:46 half time and was put in corral L.

I got a ton of pictures during the races. Each character stop has a photographer for the most part and there are several on the course especially near the finish.

Each race is a little different. Here is an example of how things line up.

View attachment 216077

For example I submitted a 2:46 half time and was put in corral L.

Wow, just a few minutes quicker on your half time and you have moved up several corrals. This will definitely help me gauge how I want to run the PoT race. I'm likely looking at at 2:00 to 2:15 half but will now try for the low end to get myself a couple of corrals closer. (Assuming that the chart is fairly similar which I guess depends on the times submitted.)

Probably going to bite the bullet and get the Photopass. Wow this weekend is shaping up to be REALLY expensive. Better switch to eating instant mac and cheese for awhile.

My question is if you are ap holder I was told that you can sign up earlier for races. So for example signing up for next year's Darkside run at Disney world is on May 23rd at noon. When or how early would I be able to sign up for that if I was an ap holder and would I be sent an email or called and let know this.

My question is if you are ap holder I was told that you can sign up earlier for races. So for example signing up for next year's Darkside run at Disney world is on May 23rd at noon. When or how early would I be able to sign up for that if I was an ap holder and would I be sent an email or called and let know this.
AP and DVC registration happens the Thursday before general registration. So for darkside that would be May 18th.

Log into the AP section of My disney Experience. It's under "special offers" or something similar. You need your AP to be valid and activated to find the link.

AP and DVC registration happens the Thursday before general registration. So for darkside that would be May 18th.

Has that changed? It's been a full week early for the last three races I've registered for.

Updated the first post with registration dates for Light Side 2018. Also noted that Wine and Dine is now on sale.

I wasn't expecting the Wine & Dine registration until March. I just happened to be looking at the thread. I haven't been reading much yet, since I thought I had 2 more months. Luckily, both DH and I got registered, my first 5k, and DH for the half. Thanks for updating us:thanks:

I wasn't expecting the Wine & Dine registration until March. I just happened to be looking at the thread. I haven't been reading much yet, since I thought I had 2 more months. Luckily, both DH and I got registered, my first 5k, and DH for the half. Thanks for updating us:thanks:
Glad you got in!

Question for those that have used TAs for runDisney before. Are there any that offer a package with hotel (+ ticket) at Disneyland - or are they all bib + ticket only for CA?

I read somewhere a while ago that if I have an AP I can also register other family members in my household. DF and I are both passholders, but I currently live at home with my mom who doesn't have an AP. We're all new to running and hoping to run the 5k during the marathon weekend in Jan. 2018. I haven't been able to find any recent info about this anywhere. Does anyone know if this is still true and if I can then register my mom early with us?

Log into the AP section of My disney Experience. It's under "special offers" or something similar. You need your AP to be valid and activated to find the link.
will the link only show up on the Thursday or is it there all the time????

I read somewhere a while ago that if I have an AP I can also register other family members in my household. DF and I are both passholders, but I currently live at home with my mom who doesn't have an AP. We're all new to running and hoping to run the 5k during the marathon weekend in Jan. 2018. I haven't been able to find any recent info about this anywhere. Does anyone know if this is still true and if I can then register my mom early with us?
I'm not an AP but as far as I know you are only supposed to sign up the AP holders and no one else. So your mom would have to register during general registration.

every time I click on annual passholders it shows me the pic of stitch and says "oops someone at the page"

HELP!!!!

will the link only show up on the Thursday or is it there all the time????
It's there all the time, but it may not update for your race until closer to the AP date.
every time I click on annual passholders it shows me the pic of stitch and says "oops someone at the page"

HELP!!!!
Try another browser or clear out your history/cookies. It's working fine for me right now in Google Chrome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter