Screw In the Light Bulb-All New x 13 4/25!!

I'm going to keep throwing tons of updates at you guys because our next trip is just 27 days away!!!

Woot! Keep 'em coming!

Our ADR was for 8:00 am, but we didn’t arrive at Epcot until 7:55, and it took us another 10 minutes to hoof it back to Norway.

You guys must've been practically dragging Maddie.

It didn’t seem to matter as the line to check in at the podium was all the way back to the lagoon.

Whoops! That must've been a tad disconcerting.

Once we’d met our first princess we were led to our table-the exact same one we’d been given on our last visit.

Always nice when the staff remember you and show you to "your usual table".

It’s very near the cold buffet, and it’s the first stop the princesses make when visiting.

hmmm... We ate there in 2005 and I don't remember a cold buffet.
Just the family style.

It’s been well documented in my TRs how much I enjoy the fact that salami is available on the buffet at Akershus,

Yes. You are the Queen of the salami!!

uh... that really sounds bad, doesn't it?
Family board!!!

Snow White was up next, and SHE was memorable! We heard her before we saw her as she positively squealed from the next table “It’s my princess twin!” She seemed genuinely excited, and spent a ton of time talking to Maddie about the dwarves, apples, and other princess things. And after a few hugs, she insisted on a kiss.

Gotta love when a character goes above and beyond!

I love these photos.

That's my favorite.

Ariel stopped by, and while she seems to have amused Maddie I don’t remember much about her either.

Yeah. There's just something fishy about her...

Yeah. That was pretty bad... and old....
gimme a break. I'm tired.

While we waited, Maddie and I watched with interest as they filmed something out on the grass in front of the attraction. Anyone know what this was all about?

Nope. Not a clue. :confused3

We joined the standby line, and while most people think it’s boring we enjoyed it. Well, Bryan enjoyed it, and both of us had fun taking photos to send to my little brother the family gear head.

I've yet to see the new line.
I've certainly heard mixed reviews about it, though.

A tip- secure your hair before riding.

:rotfl: Great shot! You look fabulous, dah'ling!

The standby line had already reached a hour, so we were grateful to have our FP (apparently I did not take any notes about characters, but did take note of all standby wait times).

Yeah, 'cause who cares if you had a nice time. We wanna know how long it took you to have them!
:rolleyes1

Soarin’ over California works up an appetite, so we hit up our favorite open-before-11 Future World pretzel cart.

Well done.
Again.

You may be shocked to know that we did not pop into the Character Spot for some QT with Mickey and Friends. Rather we made our way to World Showcase-where we got in line to meet Mulan.

No. Not really.
I'm not at all surprised that your little princess would rather meet a princess than a rodent.

Maddie is notorious for getting bored and hating World Showcase, so this year I’d printed up the flag of each country and had a question that Maddie had to ask a CM in each one. If she completed them all, she’d get a souvenir.

That's a good idea.
Did you think of that on your own? Or did you read about it somewhere?
Either way, anything to keep the littles occupied so the adults can enjoy world showcase.

Hey! Look at you with no brace.

In Norway we stood around for a loooonnnnnggg time while Maddie colored not only a Duffy, but also a Perry.

A true artiste cannot be rushed.

Maddie was starting to get hot and whiny,

And her mother was not far behind.

C'mon... admit it.

Snow wasn’t in quite as good a mood as she’d been that morning,

"So I knee-capped her and told her to step it up."

so the M&G didn’t last long.

Oh. I like my version better.

We arrived at Chefs de France hot, tired, and a little cranky.

I knew it! You said "we".

The restaurant is decorated in creams and golds with brass railings and comfortable banquettes.

Never been. Sounds nice.

Pauline graciously brought us water (I’m looking at you Joe from CRT) along with soft drinks and took our orders quickly.

:laughing:

I’m sure we ordered dessert, probably crème brulee, but have no photos or recollection of it.

No recollection of crème brûlée ??? :faint:

I do know that by the end of the meal I was becoming a little disappointed that our little surprise for Maddie wasn’t going to happen, but right around the time that our plates were cleared this guy appeared

So cool! I'd love to be able to see him... but...

I am beyond disappointed that Remy is no longer appearing at Chefs.

noooooo!!!!!!
I had no idea he wasn't there anymore! :(

but Maddie talked about Remy changing her order for the rest of the trip.

Score!

We donned our ponchos and slogged along, but the storm passed quickly and had stopped by the time we passed Canada.

Of course. Nothing but sunny skies up here, ya know.

This time I remembered to pull my hair back,and Maddie was brave enough to put her hands up!

Way to go Maddie!
And way to go Shan! :rolleyes2

While waiting in the requisite line I watched a little boy of about 3 slam in and out the restroom door. I was a little worried about him smashing his fingers in the door, but figured his mom was watching and it wasn’t my business.

Mom. was. watching.

Surely you gest. When my DDs were Maddie's age, I'd take them to playgrounds and always wind up being the entire playground's monitor.
Parents far too busy with themselves to worry about what their little terror was up to.

Using my best mom voice and digging deep to pull out the best of my high school and restaurant Spanish speaking skills I managed to ask where his mom was. He assured me that she was in that bathroom. I managed to figure out what stall she was in, and parked him at that door with instructions to stay put. I think the mom voice worked because he looked a little scared and was still there once I’d finished my business and was leaving.

Good for you. Put the fear of a real mom into him.

I was tired so Bryan and Maddie went to the pool without me. I took a nap and Maddie went down the pool slide “one thousand times”.

Assuming it takes 30 seconds to ascend and descend... your nap was over 8 hours!
You must've been exhausted.
Poor thing.

Maddie also talked me into one of those silly painted umbrellas for her and her doll as well as some popcorn. Must not have been a pretzel cart nearby.

Couldn't have been.

We waited on the bridge for about 15 minutes before being called in for dinner. Obviously we had to be scary like the gargoyles.

Hillarious pics!

You didn’t have to tell us twice-one of us had chosen her outfit precisely with this photo-op in mind.
The line to meet the Beast wasn’t long, and I was pleased that the attendant didn’t rush us along. I’d also heard stories of PP photographers that would only allow one photo per family, but our photographer took several. The Beast himself was lovely. He danced with and bowed to the little princess before posing for photos.

Even though she's not looking at the camera, I like this photo the best.
Looks like she's dancing with him and not posing, I think.

We got into line right at 10, and watched Wishes from the line and the ride. It was a new and cool perspective!

Good timing!

We also found out the we LOVE riding BTMRR in the dark.

But of course.
There is no bad time to ride BTMRR.

We were back at POR at 11:15, and having fallen asleep on the bus Maddie was out for good by 11:30

Poor little thing. All wore out.

Up Next: Our First Disney Water Park

Sounds like fun. Can't wait! Thanks for the updates.... except...
Only six this time?
You're slipping Shanzapants. :goodvibes

I am a little behind and here to catch up :) Your upcoming trip is around the same time as mine, we are arriving in the last few days of your vacation. I will keep my eye out for Princess Maddie and say hello if we spot you :)

We also have been changing things around left and right this trip...and we have scored the elusive A&E FP, for different times for everyone in my party! lol We have a 25 minute window where we all cross over. We have an ADR for the Jedi Mickey dinner as well, and stalking MDE for 7DMT. It's gearing up to be an amazing trip! Have you been in May before? The F&G Festival is beautiful :)

Great updates!

I'm so glad to hear that y'all had a good meal @ Chefs de France. I just booked us there for the 1st time for our October trip.

All of your family pics are so great! And I love all the meet & greet photos. Maddie has some of the best expressions while talking to the characters.

And I love that you bought her the personalized umbrella! So sweet! My dad bought me a personalized parasol on one of our many trips to Six Flags when I was little & I can't even tell you how much I loved that thing.

Shannon, I forgot to mention to you, I have a group on FB for people going in May. Idk if you do the facebook Disney group thing, but let me know if you want to be added :)

I have to admit... for once I was relieved to see that you didn't get an update done on a Friday when I logged in today. I kept putting off commenting on the last updates because I knew I had until Friday... but then I ran out of time yesterday. :rotfl2::rotfl:

The bacon was typical Disney bacon. Most of it was left on the platter.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :scared1:

Even bad bacon is good. And wasting bacon is just a tragedy.

And after a few hugs, she insisted on a kiss. I love these photos.
Those are great! The look like they're best friends having fun together.

The whole meal looks like it was a great experience. I'm glad that the service was significantly better than you had at that other princess meal.

I’ve also heard that most don’t enjoy the design a car part of the queue. While I don’t think it’s essential to the ride experience, I like it a LOT more than the old pre-show and found it to be a great way to spend 15 of the 30 minutes we waited.
I know. You're right that it isn't essential, but it is kind of fun to see what you come up with. And it is definitely much better than standing around with nothing to do. That is probably my favorite addition to the ride with the newest version.

A tip- secure your hair before riding.
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

You may be shocked to know that we did not pop into the Character Spot for some QT with Mickey and Friends. Rather we made our way to World Showcase-where we got in line to meet Mulan.
Ok... kinda shocked that you didn't meet Mickey and friends... significantly less shocked by the idea that you went to meet a princess instead. :rotfl2::lmao:

I was pleased to see that the sharpies at the Kidcot stations had been replaced with good ole Crayola washable.
What??? They used to have sharpies????? :scared1: :faint:

Maddie chose Croquette de Boeuf en Broiche - Ground beef steak on a brioche bun, served with French fries $9.50-a hamburger, but was served Blanc de Poulet aux Nouilles - Breaded chicken strips served with pasta $8.50. Maddie doesn’t really love chicken strips but does love buttered noodles. Her mood improved immediately. Pauline was very apologetic, but she needn’t have been. Maddie was most pleased with her meal.
Hmmm... rare that a screw up works so well. :confused3 :rotfl:

I do know that by the end of the meal I was becoming a little disappointed that our little surprise for Maddie wasn’t going to happen, but right around the time that our plates were cleared this guy appeared
What a relief.

I am beyond disappointed that Remy is no longer appearing at Chefs. The presentation was great. The gentleman that accompanied Remy was as much a show as Remy. He portrayed amused disapproval and had a hilariously dry sense of humor. In my opinion it’s a real shame that they’ve removed Chef Remy from the restaurant.
I didn't realize he was gone. That's too bad.

She asked Remy if he’d cooked her food to which he answered in the affirmative, and she asked if he’d served her the noodles because he thought she’d enjoy them more than the burger. Yes again. After a bit of chatting he moved on, but Maddie talked about Remy changing her order for the rest of the trip.
Disney magic. pixiedust:

I pulled up MDE and snagged a late lunch ressie at Via Napoli for the next day.
mmmmmmmmmm..... good call. :thumbsup2

This time I remembered to pull my hair back,and Maddie was brave enough to put her hands up!
Oh look! There you are! :rotfl2:

Using my best mom voice and digging deep to pull out the best of my high school and restaurant Spanish speaking skills I managed to ask where his mom was. He assured me that she was in that bathroom. I managed to figure out what stall she was in, and parked him at that door with instructions to stay put. I think the mom voice worked because he looked a little scared and was still there once I’d finished my business and was leaving.
Or maybe he was scared because you took him to the wrong stall door??? :eek: :rolleyes1

Maddie and I got some pics taken while we waited.
Who has enough princess dresses that they can do a mid-day costume change? :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

We’d missed the cutoff for the 7 o’clock M&G with Tiana, so Bryan got in line for the next set while Maddie and I ran to Frontierland to grab BTMRR FPs for after dinner.
That's nice of Bryan, but then again, he was probably tired from all the FP running he did at EPCOT earlier and needed a break.

I didn’t get the feeling that you could request what room you want to sit in, but they’d do their best to accommodate someone in our position.
That's good to know! :thumbsup2

You didn’t have to tell us twice-one of us had chosen her outfit precisely with this photo-op in mind.
Bryan? :rolleyes1

The line to meet the Beast wasn’t long, and I was pleased that the attendant didn’t rush us along. I’d also heard stories of PP photographers that would only allow one photo per family, but our photographer took several. The Beast himself was lovely. He danced with and bowed to the little princess before posing for photos.
That's great! I always enjoy seeing how Maddie really gets that kind of reaction from so many characters.

Food – 3 It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. Much like character meals, at BoG the food is secondary to the atmosphere.
Ok... although your review is positive, I'll take this as a bit of a reassurance that we don't necessarily HAVE to eat dinner there and might be happy just going there for lunch. I definitely love the fries and the sandwich I had last time for lunch there.

We also found out the we LOVE riding BTMRR in the dark.[/QUOTE}
Who doesn't?! :thumbsup2

WOW! What a wonderful trip so far!!! I have been so behind on my Disboarding these last 6 months so I am back at it lol!
I have just gotten caught up on your TR (and finally visited your Etsy shop, that was me with the partners shirt :goodvibes) and it sounds like such a lovely time! Maddie is the sweetest and I LOVE all her Princess/character interactions and all of her dresses!!!
Love the dining reviews! I can never choose when it comes time to make my ADRs because I want to eat everywhere!!!!
Yay for your next trip being so close!

Hello Friends! I was trying to get a huge update done again tonight, but Photobucket chooses not to upload my pictures this evening.

My goal is still to get this completed before we leave for WDW--- in 14 days!!!

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

shan23877 said:
Hello Friends! I was trying to get a huge update done again tonight, but Photobucket chooses not to upload my pictures this evening.

I guess that means next week's updates will be epic.

FOURTEEN DAYS! Wow... the time has flown! Can't wait to hear the rest of this trip report and to know another one is on it's way is really something to look forward too!

Have lots of fun and here's some pixiedust:

Enjoy! Karen

I have been lurking on your opast several reports and have enjoyed reading about Maddie and her princesses! Having 2 boys, I have never got to experience princesses much!

I am also leaving in 14 days - I am so excited I can burst! I would love to see Princess Maddie in one of her fabulous costumes.

Have a great time!

Can't believe you leave again in LESS THAN 14 days!! :cool1:

Excited to read next week's updates and then the new one! :thumbsup2

Happy Easter!!

Hey guys! I have every intention of getting replies done next week, but for tonight I really wanted to get the last of the updates posted.

I've spent the week tying up lose ends in the sewing room, and I made a few new things too

for my nephew:

and for Maddie:

At the request of a customer:

and just because I wanted to:

I've been frantically trying to get everything done for our next trip because we leave in 7 DAYS!!!! I think I have a handle on things, and am really excited for the trip.

Our dining line up includes:

Fulton's
CRT
BoG
Akershus
Via Napoli
Yachtsman
HBD
H&V Star Wars dinner
Plaza
Cali Grill
HDDR
TH
Y&Y
Artist Point
H&V
Coral Reef
Narcoosees
Ohana Breakfast
Chef Mickey
Dessert Party

We have FP+for Anna and Elsa, and will be in MK for the media even for the 7DMT. I'm hoping for a soft opening if it's not open to the public. FP+ is also expanding to include a rotating 4th FP once 3 are used, so we'll have the opportunity to see how that works.

I hope that you'll join me for that TR!

The One With Typhoon Lagoon​

The next morning we slept in a bit-well as much as we ever do at WDW. We were headed to Typhoon Lagoon that morning, so there was no need for extensive hair and makeup.

Someone had to pose with her new umbrella

We got to the bus stop around 8:30 and encountered our first real taste of morning bus stop mania. It was a madhouse! Having seen that, I’ll continue to make us early breakfast reservations. We waited about 30 minutes for a TL/DTD bus to arrive, and were at Typhoon Lagoon by 9:20.

Bry and I were mildly interested in trying out the Shark Reef, but by the time we arrived the wait was already at 40 minutes. Instead we decided to grab some chairs and then hit the slides.

Bryan set off for Humunga Cowabunga while Maddie and I went to find Mayday Falls. Having never been to a Disney water park, we did a fair amount of circling the park before finding our destinations. Maddie loved Mayday Falls, so we queued up for the slide next to it as well.

Bryan met back up with us at our lounge chairs after his trip down HC. He said it was okay, but not something he’d wait very long to do so I decided to skip it. While we were deciding what to do next, it began to rain lightly. At this point in the trip, even that small amount of precipitation was enough to get under my skin. I was beyond tired of the rain.

The rain was stopping and starting and since no lightening was spotted, the slides were still open. We chose to hit up the storm slides next. The wait wasn’t too bad, but once we got to the top we stopped completely. After a few minutes the CMs stationed at the top of the slides explained that they’d lost water pressure and had to shut them down. Disappointed, we trooped back down the stairs.

Since we’d done all the slides that were both open and that Maddie was tall enough to ride, we hit the wave pool. Over all I was a bit disappointed in our morning at TL, but the wave pool was a major highlight. We had a blast there, and jumped and dodged waves for about 30 mintues.

Once we got out, I decided to hit up Crush ‘n’ Gusher while Maddie and Bry went back to Mayday Falls and rode that a few more times. Crush ‘n’ Gusher was fun, but again not something I’d wait long to do.

When I got back to our lounge chairs I found Maddie building a sand castle, and my towel missing. It was just a bath towel from POR, so I’m not sure why someone chose to snag it. I have to admit that it was a bit of shock for that to happen inside the Disney Bubble.

It had begun to rain again, so after another trip to the wave pool we decided to head out. On the way to the buses we did stop for some of the famous TL doughnuts, and they did not disappoint. They were AMAZING!

After bussing back to POR we all showered and made ourselves presentable before heading back out for the afternoon. At my request we took the long way to the bus stop so that I could take some day time photos of the beautiful resort.

I love this one-I think she looks like a weary commuter :rotfl:

At Magnolia Terrace

A view of Alligator Bayou

Old Man Island

Little Girl On Hammock

Pool Bar

food Court

Marina

River Roost Lounge

The Lobby

The One with the World Tour

Our park of choice that afternoon was Epcot. Since Maddie had gotten burned out and we’d ultimately gotten rained out of World Showcase the day before, we wanted another crack at it.

We got to Epcot with plenty of time before our late lunch reservation, so we slowly made our way to Italy.

As we passed by, we tried on hats in Mexico

Played the drums at the Outpost

And popped into Germany to get one more country checked off Maddie’s scavenger hunt list before we arrived at our destination.

The One with Via Napoli​

Bry had been very disappointed that Via Napoli hadn’t made the ADR cut this trip, and it was no surprise when he jumped at the chance to add a stop here when we realized we’d be back at Epcot on this afternoon.

We checked in and were led to our table right away. Immediately bus boys began filling our water glasses and removing extraneous place settings while our server hovered right behind ready to take our drink order.

Even though we weren’t using a dining credit, we couldn’t resist ordering the arancini.

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu $11.00

They were just as good as we remembered. Perfectly cooked risotto fried crisp and stuffed with gooey cheese. There is nothing not to like about these little nuggets of joy.

Bryan allowed me to choose our pizza, and I selected a DIS favorite, the carciofi.

Carciofi Signature Pie - white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil Individual $19, Large $30 (serves 2 - 3), Mezzo Metro $41 (serves 3 - 5)

For some reason, I never seem to remember that I hate truffle oil. That aside, the pizza was outstanding. The lemony artichokes and savory cheeses melded perfectly, and the crust was crisp and soft at the same time. Outstanding.

Maddie chose noodles with butter for her entrée, and declared them “delicious!”.

On one of his table visit, Maddie enlisted our server’s help in completing the Italy page of her scavenger hunt. He was very, very sweet about it and seemed happy to help her out.

We skipped dessert again, we were simply too full from the pizza, but someday I am going to try the zeppole.

Via Napoli
Food-5 – The appetizer and pizza were both amazing

Service – 5 – From busboys to servers to hosts everyone was friendly and attentive

Would we Return? We will. Next week as a matter of fact!

The One Where She’s on a Mission​

After lunch we finally gave in to Maddie’s desire to try out one of the Agent P missions. The CM working the kiosk was amazing, and took tons of time explaining how the game works to Mads.

Since we need to get America taken care of in the scavenger hunt, we stopped there on our way to Japan. The Voices of Liberty were just starting, which thrilled me since I’ve wanted to catch one of their performances forever. Maddie had other plans, however, and only let me hear one song before dragging me out the door to find some CMs. We found 2 DCPs at the doors to the American Adventure who spent a lot of time chatting with Mads about how much they enjoy working at WDW.

Japan was next, where it was finally time to complete our mission. Maddie LOVED doing this and can’t wait to do it again. Bry and I were less impressed since Maddie insisted on holding the phone and wasn’t the most confident reader.

Finally we completed our goal of thwarting Dr. Doofensmirtz, and Bryan went ahead of us to France to get in line to meet Belle.

Maddie and I trailed behind getting her scavenger hunt pages taken care of in Japan and Morrocco.

10 minutes after we joined Bryan in France it was Maddie’s turn to meet Belle. She was lovely, seemed happy to receive her bracelet, and we always enjoy seeing her in her blue dress.

Since we were there, we headed into the kidcot station to get the France page checked off and try on some kicky berets.

Bryan's best "French" look

My girl had finally started enjoying Epcot and danced her way over the bridge

We stopped for some PP pics on our way to the UK, and once there Maddie had a lengthy conversation with the CMs about Princess Kate. I was tempted by a Beatles hoodie, but in the end couldn’t justify the $50 price tag.

We moved on to Canada where we got in line behind a bunch of tour group kids at the Kidcot station, but it was worth the wait. The CM there was lovely and talked to Mads for a long time about pancakes and maple syrup.

The One Where She Tries To Warn Me​

On our way back to future world we stopped for some more PP, and Maddie asked if she could do the “balloon” picture that she’d seen other kids doing. The PP was nice enough to oblige, but they didn’t turn out great.

We hit up Mousegears one more time to get Maddie her scavenger hunt reward as well as some souvenirs for our niece and nephew and then made our way to Club Cool. Maddie was too smart to try the Beverly, but I was not. I guess I wanted to see if it was as bad as I remembered?

She tries to warn me

But I don't listen

It was worse.

Maddie was in need of a pretzel, but got distracted by a 5 minute wait at the Character Spot.

Mickey was a gem. They danced, bowed to one another, and then strolled arm in arm to meet Pluto.

Minnie was sweet, but Mickey and Pluto had stolen her young heart.

She did get her pretzel eventually

Finally it was time to head out and make our way toward the monorail for dinner.

We stopped on the way so that I could change into nicer clothes (luckily princess dresses work for any occasion so Maddie didn’t need to change), and then got some of my favorite pics of the whole trip. In fact, I plan to use one of these for above the fireplace.

The one With Narcoossee’s​

The skies had been threatening all day, and luckily we made it on the monorail before they opened up.

We arrived at the Grand Floridian amid an absolute downpour. We knew ponchos were going to be no match for the weather so after changing for dinner Bryan stopped at the concierge desk to see about borrowing a golf umbrella for some extra coverage for our walk to Narcoossee’s.

While he was inquiring, Maddie and I went out front to take some pics.

The fine folks at the Grand did us one better than the umbrella, and offered up a ride on a covered golf cart to get us to our destination.

Our driver refused our offer of a tip, and insisted that we just go and enjoy our dinner. Once inside the doors of Narcoossee’s the CMs sprang into action greeting us warmly by name, offering warm towels for us to dry off, and ushering us to a lovely window table with views of the Magic Kingdom.

Our sever arrived shortly thereafter and explained that rather than focusing on wine pairings, Narcoossee’s offers an extensive collection of beers to pair with their dishes. Bryan settled on a red wine, and I chose their only N/A beer option. Maddie selected Sprite. Really, she had sprite

Once settled in, we finally had an opportunity to check out our surrounding. The atmosphere looks like it belongs more at the beach club than the GF, lots of shutters and pale woods. In my notes I called it “relaxed elegance”.

For appetizers, I chose the cheese plate yet again

Artisanal Cheeses - Five tasting portions from around the world with accompaniments $18.00

I enjoyed the all, but the Cremont stole my cheese loving heart. I now have a new favorite cheese.

Bryan selected the mussels

Prince Edward Island Mussels - Tomato-White Wine-Saffron Broth with Chorizo, Shaved Fennel, Red Onion, and Toasted Baquette $18.00

To say he liked them would be an understatement. He has been talking about this dish ever since the meal. It turned out to be his favorite single dish of the trip.

Maddie chose fruit, and liked it very much.

For my entrée I selected the filet.

Grilled Filet Mignon - "Smoked" Boniato Mashed Potatoes with Hericot Vert and Herbed Cabernet-oxtail reduction $44.00

I think it came with different sides last year, but what I do remember is that the filet was cooked to perfection and was so tender and lean that it melted in your mouth. Outstanding.

Bryan was dubious that my research was correct, but asked the server if the surf and turf was really covered by the DxDP. After finding out that it was, he chose that for his entrée.

-poached Maine Lobster Tail and choice of Grilled Black Angus New York Strip or Grilled Veal Chop - roasted young potatoes, grilled cipollini onions, applewood-smoked bacon, and a Famer lee Jones organic brussels sprout petals, with salsa verde $72.00

Again, the sides may have been different. He was a smidge disappointed by the lobster-it was not as sweet as one would hope, but most of the little ones aren’t. The steak was cooked properly and flavorful, but he did think my filet was slightly better. Neither of us could get over how tender and flavorful it really was.

Maddie selected the Mickey mac and cheese. I didn’t get a photo because I was so busy enjoying my meal, but she seemed to like it!

For dessert Bryan went with the server’s recommendation of almond crusted cheesecake

Almond-crusted Cheesecake - finished with Lambert Cherry Sauce $10.00

This was AMAZING as well. The crunch of the almonds, the sweet cherry sauce, and the smooth cheesecake all paired perfectly together.

My dessert no longer seems to be available. I believe it was their version of strawberry shortcake, and I really liked it.

Maddie went with the build your own s’mores. She enjoyed assembling them more than eating them, but they were yummy!

As we finished up and paid the bill our server mentioned that Wishes was about to start and we should feel free to make our way out to the deck surround the restaurant to enjoy the show. Much like other monorail resort locations, the music is piped in. We very much enjoyed this vantage point for the fireworks and the water pageant.

Stuffed and happy we made our way out of the restaurant thanking the friendly staff as we went. We hopped the monorail to MK and then a bus to POR.

All in all it had been a relaxing and perfect Disney day.

Narcoossee’s
Food – 5 – We cannot wait to have those appetizers again!

Service – 4 – he was friendly but not over the top. I’m reserving my 5s for the like of Oscar at the YSH.

Would we return? Without a doubt! We cannot wait!

The One with ‘Ohana-Breakfast​

We were up before the sun on our last day-6 am came very early. Since we were tired and moving a bit slow, we decided to take a cab to breakfast rather than rushing to the bus stop. The cab fair to the Polynesian was very reasonable and the driver quite friendly.

Since Maddie had dressed especially for this meal, we made sure to take several photos before we went upstairs to check in.

At breakfast there is PP present, and the picture is included in the PP+/memory maker.

We were called in to our table quickly, and our server approached soon with juice and fruit and sweet rolls. We all love the sweet rolls, and Maddie did her best to clean the fruit plate.

Entrees are served family style, and Mickey waffles are brought individually much like the meat skewers at dinner.

[
URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/shanbell23/media/13TLandend/IMG_1881-1.jpg.html]
IMG_1881-1.jpg
[/URL]​

The food was all fresh, hot, and plentiful. We have no complaints. They don’t do anything out of the ordinary here, but it’s always been tasty.

Maddie had been looking forward to meeting our first visitor ever since I had made her the dress she was wearing. Lilo did not disappoint.

She was very excited to have a twin and suggested that they try many different poses. She also pulled Mads in for more than a few hugs.

Stitch was next and was equally impressed with Maddie’s outfit. So much so that he didn’t try to steal her pen or autograph book, he was on his best behavior.

Mickey in his Hawaiian shirt is a big family favorite; we all think it’s adorable.

And Pluto, Maddie’s favorite dog never lets her down.

Maddie got her hands on a maraca and joined the parade, and once she was through we paid the check and caught the next monorail.

‘Ohana Breakfast

Food – 4 – nothing extraordinary, but prepared well and served hot

Service – 3- it was better than at dinner. The server was prompt if not overly attentive

Would We return? Well, yes. We have fun with the characters and Maddie chose it over 1900 for our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter