Seattle getting an NHL team?

Little over half a million in the city proper but still probably a bigger actual fan base than places like Tampa, Miami or Phoenix.

I believe with the first two the NHL team is the primary tenant and makes a share of the revenue for venue rental. Not sure what the deal is in Arizona other than the team has always been complaining about their buildings. First that the ice setup was poor - then that the building is in the middle of nowhere. I guess an NFL stadium works since most games are on Sunday, but it sounds like the Coyotes would prefer something downtown.

Yeah but if you get cheap enough on swoop or westjet then it makes for an easy quick weekend away.
Montreal to Quebec is pretty similar to Seattle to Van that we are all thinking fans will travel

Sure that is an easy flight but you are not going to have people doing that every game and you are not going to create a season ticket holder base that way.

Name:
Here are the full betting odds:

• Totems (19-20)
  • Emeralds (4-1)
  • Rainiers (7-1)
  • Sockeyes (7-1)
  • Kraken (7-1)
  • Renegades (16-1)
  • Sea Lions (22-1)
  • Seals (22-1)
  • Cougars (28-1)
  • Whales (28-1)
  • Eagles (28-1)
  • Firebirds (28-1)
  • Evergreens (28-1)

Name:
Here are the full betting odds:

• Totems (19-20)
  • Emeralds (4-1)
  • Rainiers (7-1)
  • Sockeyes (7-1)
  • Kraken (7-1)
  • Renegades (16-1)
  • Sea Lions (22-1)
  • Seals (22-1)
  • Cougars (28-1)
  • Whales (28-1)
  • Eagles (28-1)
  • Firebirds (28-1)
  • Evergreens (28-1)

Your list, or is it published somewhere?

Seals and Whales have already been used with NHL teams, or at least something pretty close.

Maybe Orcas? I think they might even try the old Metropolitans name, although the New York Mets might complain about trademark infringement.

Your list, or is it published somewhere?

Seals and Whales have already been used with NHL teams, or at least something pretty close.

Maybe Orcas? I think they might even try the old Metropolitans name, although the New York Mets might complain about trademark infringement.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/seat...OAU5BmHHRNoA0uNttt6SyvCyS5UTC1UhimgoBT8fp2Wbc Is where the above list came from.

Here: https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-fr...stions/c-302575978?tid=281011650&sf95891735=1
They say:
Sockeyes defeated Totems in the final of a four-round Seattle Times poll that attracted 146,144 votes. Metropolitans finished third. Next came Steelheads, Kraken, Sasquatch, Freeze and Emeralds.

"We paid close, close attention," Leiweke said.

NHL Seattle has been doing focus groups. Each day, Leiweke listens to suggestions and opinions.

"It's a process of really putting your ear to the track and understanding and hearing what fans feel and believe," Leiweke said. "That's the art form. The science is then bringing in professionals who can take direction and sentiment and begin to apply it to what practically could be a name and a logo that will stand the test of time. And I'm confident we'll land on the right thing.

"We want to be deliberate, but we're not going to rush this to the point we don't feel great about it."

I am really not sure about Totems, I know the name has history in Seattle, but I think they should consult with the First Nations before committing to it, they wouldnt want to get into a Red Skins/Indians/Blackhawks controversy

I see. Actual betting odds from Bovada. I remember reading about all the assorted proposition bets available for some high profile sporting events, such as coin flips or the over/under time on the national anthem. At least in Nevada these bets are legal as long as they're related to an actual sporting event. Bovada (an offshoot of Bodog) operates in kind of a gray area where it's licensed by several states, even though they don't allow in-person sports wagering. But they can have all sorts of bets that physical sports books can't have. I don't think this sort of gambling is allowed at any physical sports book in the US. It's right up there with English betting, which seems to include some bizarre things that one can bet on.

From Facebook comments:
They should be called the Seattle Sound and they should have a mascot called Grunge who is a bit like Gritty but wearing an oversized striped jumper. The logo should be a hockey stick blended with a guitar.

From Facebook comments:
They should be called the Seattle Sound and they should have a mascot called Grunge who is a bit like Gritty but wearing an oversized striped jumper. The logo should be a hockey stick blended with a guitar.

That name would be a little to close to the MLS team name..the Seattle Sounders.

That name would be a little to close to the MLS team name..the Seattle Sounders.

Yeah, I doubt though that soccer and hockey fans are going to confuse their teams.

Seriously here is NZ our rugby team is called the All Blacks, our cricket team is the Black Caps, the softball is the Black Sox, Soccer is All Whites, Hockey (field) are Black Sticks, Ice Hockey is Ice Blacks, netball is the silver ferns and womens rugby is called the Black ferns...we manage to keep it straight....

Yeah, I doubt though that soccer and hockey fans are going to confuse their teams.

Seriously here is NZ our rugby team is called the All Blacks, our cricket team is the Black Caps, the softball is the Black Sox, Soccer is All Whites, Hockey (field) are Black Sticks, Ice Hockey is Ice Blacks, netball is the silver ferns and womens rugby is called the Black ferns...we manage to keep it straight....

You would expect a country's national teams to use the same or similar names; much different for two professional teams in two different sports in the same city with different owners.

You would expect a country's national teams to use the same or similar names; much different for two professional teams in two different sports in the same city with different owners.

American national teams rarely have any nicknames though.

However, the history of American sports teams include some that were specifically named after a team in a different sport. The New York Giants NFL team was named after the MLB team. The Arizona Cardinals NFL team used to be the St Louis Cardinals, although they were originally the Chicago Cardinals. Sharing a name in the same market isn’t unheard of.

American national teams rarely have any nicknames though.

However, the history of American sports teams include some that were specifically named after a team in a different sport. The New York Giants NFL team was named after the MLB team. The Arizona Cardinals NFL team used to be the St Louis Cardinals, although they were originally the Chicago Cardinals. Sharing a name in the same market isn’t unheard of.

The NFL Giants are not named after the baseball team, their official name is the New York Football Giants. They were named in that manner to distinguish themselves from the baseball team. Arizona uses the Cardinals name because they moved there from Saint Louis and kept the same name.

The NFL Giants are not named after the baseball team, their official name is the New York Football Giants. They were named in that manner to distinguish themselves from the baseball team. Arizona uses the Cardinals name because they moved there from Saint Louis and kept the same name.

That's not the history I've heard. I read that their founder deliberately wanted to have a name associated with the baseball team.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/733872-how-all-32-nfl-teams-got-their-names#slide13
Tim Mara originally named the team after the National League baseball Giants, who were a longtime favorite in New York. At the time, baseball was the king of professional sports so owner Tim Mara wanted the same name recognition in hopes that fans would support both clubs. By the way, the baseball Giants got their name from all the giant buildings that made up New York City.​

Their legal name was originally "New York National League Football Company, Inc." and wasn't changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." until at least a decade.

Not the Kraken but the Kanken. Since the owners are going to shell out over $1 billion dollars to build the arena and start up the team they need sponsorship funding. They are going to announce a multi-year sponsor ship deal with FjallRaven Kanken. They are going to use that Arctic Fox logo on the uniforms.

Not the Kraken but the Kanken. Since the owners are going to shell out over $1 billion dollars to build the arena and start up the team they need sponsorship funding. They are going to announce a multi-year sponsor ship deal with FjallRaven Kanken. They are going to use that Arctic Fox logo on the uniforms.

The renovations are going to be at the expense of a private developer. The land is city property, but there's probably some development deal besides just the arena.

I've been there once, and it is kind of strange. It didn't really seem like a big league arena. I kind of thought the same thing about the old Arco Arena in Sacramento. I also remember the old Oakland Coliseum Arena before it was renovated into what's now Oracle Arena. They turned it into a modern world class facility that's still first-rate. The only criticism I would have of it would be that they have tight corridors given how they built it in the old shell. I'm not sure how they'll manage in Seattle since they claim that they're going to keep the old, unique roof. I would think it would cost less just to tear down the whole thing and start from scratch. The new place in Sacramento cost less than $600 million, but this new place in Seattle is going to cost over $850 million. They are looking to attract an NBA team to rename the Supersonics though.

Kraken it is.

https://www.seattlekrakenhockey.com
krakenlogos.png

I'm thinking this:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter