September 2018 Car Rental

We had a reservation with Hertz in Indiana to pick up today to drive down and back. They just called (an hour and a half before pick up) and said they were cancelling our reservation because they didn't have any cars other than compact on the lot and they had tried other locations. I could just vomit. Thankfully we aren't leaving until tomorrow mid afternoon so I have some time.

Anyhow, since it's the day I need to pick up, everything is 3 times the price Hertz was. I've tried Enterprise and Alamo. Any gurus have a discount code or know where we can find anything at all to help knock down some of the price. We do have AAA. The whole reason we are renting is to Dh can take my car for new tires and a little work while I'm gone so I can't take mine.

Ugh. Vacation not starting off well.

Have you tried car rental savers or priceline? Or, Dollar/Thrifty with the AAA codes? That really is awful. I have never heard of any company doing this! When you book try to use drop off and pick up times on the half hour.

In thinking about this were you picking up at a neighborhood location or airport. It's really Ridiculous to think Hertz doesn't have cars.

We had a reservation with Hertz in Indiana to pick up today to drive down and back. They just called (an hour and a half before pick up) and said they were cancelling our reservation because they didn't have any cars other than compact on the lot and they had tried other locations. I could just vomit. Thankfully we aren't leaving until tomorrow mid afternoon so I have some time.

Anyhow, since it's the day I need to pick up, everything is 3 times the price Hertz was. I've tried Enterprise and Alamo. Any gurus have a discount code or know where we can find anything at all to help knock down some of the price. We do have AAA. The whole reason we are renting is to Dh can take my car for new tires and a little work while I'm gone so I can't take mine.

Ugh. Vacation not starting off well.
That would not fly, I would call Hertz's corporate headquarters.

I leave in 2 days and no better price than what I booked months ago. Those days of prices dropping the last couple of weeks just don’t happen anymore. Very surprised given this is September and hurricane season. Oh well, maybe next time! Good luck to the rest of the September watchers.

I leave in 2 days and no better price than what I booked months ago. Those days of prices dropping the last couple of weeks just don’t happen anymore. Very surprised given this is September and hurricane season. Oh well, maybe next time! Good luck to the rest of the September watchers.
I leave tomorrow and haven’t seen a price drop for the past few months either despite checking every day. I’m done looking at this point and have switched to stalking the NHC website and stressing over the possibility of hurricanes instead. Lol. Have a wonderful trip everyone!

I leave tomorrow and haven’t seen a price drop for the past few months either despite checking every day. I’m done looking at this point and have switched to stalking the NHC website and stressing over the possibility of hurricanes instead. Lol. Have a wonderful trip everyone!

Yes, we fly out tomorrow too....bwi. Also watching the weather, but mostly to see how it might impact our home near the DC area. We are on a cruise Monday

I've been checking my 9/27-10/1 reservation every day and it went down again today. I book through Costco and prefer to stay with Alamo if possible. I initially had an intermediate SUV book in early August for $190 + $20 costco cash card. It went down to $150 maybe 2 weeks ago and has been bouncing up and around ever since. Then today the intermediate suv was back down to $142 so I rebooked.

Oops. Wrong year. Nothing to see here.

Noticed some good prices with Payless this morning through carrentalsavers.com. A couple dollars more than my current rental I got during Dollar's one day sale last month.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter