September Trip Roll Call & trip report thread

Arrived this morning. Love the cabins haven't stayed in them for awhile. Very humid so we waited till the late afternoon to go to the Hollywood studios. Lots of warnings about Mosquitos. There is even a can of deep woods off in the bathroom.my daughter and her friend are doing the Rock and roller coaster for the third time. I'm just sitting this one out! They can't wait to go to the trails end!

I am exactly one year away from arriving. Everyone there, post up some great trip reports so I know what to expect. I've never been to WDW in September.

j

SamRoc,

Glad you're in safe. If you have time post up some pics of the cabin upgrades.

There is even a can of deep woods off in the bathroom
When we were there in August, we had brought some bug spray... Never once used it. Didn't even think about it (except when we had to move it in the cabinet to get what was behind it). No Mosquitoes or any other bugs were an issue for us.... AT ALL. Of course we were happy about that too. Hope you have a "Bug Free" time (well except for at the AK at the "It's a bugs life" show.)

We went to the MK & DS yesterday (9/11) and Disney is definitely on Zika patrol. These were set up in multiple places through out the park and DS.
MK zika2.jpg
Being an annual pass holder, September is a great time to go as in low crowds, but boy, it is still so hot! The parking lot and transportation center were almost empty. Most rides were less than 25 minutes.
MK trnsptn ctr.jpg
If you haven't been to the new Coke store over in DS, worth the visit. The view from the top is great and you need to try the float sampler tray.
DS coke rrof.jpg

We went to the MK & DS yesterday (9/11) and Disney is definitely on Zika patrol. These were set up in multiple places through out the park and DS.
View attachment 194075
Being an annual pass holder, September is a great time to go as in low crowds, but boy, it is still so hot! The parking lot and transportation center were almost empty. Most rides were less than 25 minutes.
View attachment 194076
If you haven't been to the new Coke store over in DS, worth the visit. The view from the top is great and you need to try the float sampler tray.
View attachment 194077
Looking forward to checking this out next week! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Made it down and back with no issues:cool1:. Checked in last Fri evening and we got a site in the 2100 loop. It was very nice and we where told it is a newer loop. We just took a bus down to the outpost and poked around , had to take it slow due to having a broken foot in a walking boot:crutches:. Enjoyed the evening with a few cool adult beverages. Up later on Saturday morning being in no hurry as we had nothing planed until later that afternoon. Picked up a cart at 1pm and looped a bit. Headed to the Studio for early dinner at Prime time and then toy story with FP. Crowds were light and heat was high, foot was hurting so we headed back and self medicated:drinking1. Up and off to Epcot on Sunday for the new Frozen ride and lunch at the Beer Garden. Eased on back for some more looping and as it was a little cooler we sat out side for evening Cocktails:thumbsup2. Up and home on Monday :drive:. All in all a good trip as could be had with 90 degree heat and a busted flipper. Next trip will be December to enjoy all the holiday sights:banana:.

We are here now and it is hot. We have been here many times in September and I cannot remember it being this hot. Everyone we speak with says we are lucky we weren't here last week when the bad weather was here. No rain so far. No mosquitoes either. Went to Hollywood Studios yesterday. Lots of Star Wars stuff. Guess Disney needs to maximize their investment in Lucas. Going to MNSSHP this eve. We wound up in 400 loop. OK but not my favorite. Would rather be closer to Meadows but still at Disney so having great time.

We are here now and it is hot. We have been here many times in September and I cannot remember it being this hot. Everyone we speak with says we are lucky we weren't here last week when the bad weather was here. No rain so far. No mosquitoes either. Went to Hollywood Studios yesterday. Lots of Star Wars stuff. Guess Disney needs to maximize their investment in Lucas. Going to MNSSHP this eve. We wound up in 400 loop. OK but not my favorite. Would rather be closer to Meadows but still at Disney so having great time.

Loved the 400 loop. Site 420 had the squirrel family that started it all for me.

Glad you're in safe. Make sure you drink plenty of water and leave some peanuts out for my boys will ya?

Oh my goodness the pictures of the cabins have me so excited!!! Cant wait only a couple more days. Im glad everyone is having a great time!

The cabin remodel looks great! Thanks for the pics and have a great time.

j

Sucessful move from VA to TN! One more day of unpacking and have to organize for the Fort..Hopefully the packers didn't break any of my camping gear. Wishing for cooler weather than what yall have had this week. Can't wait for my kids first trip to the Fort!

Side Note: My 4 year old saw a tree with yellow and orange leaves and told me it was dying. Poor thing has never seen leaves change colors since we lived in TX the last 4 years!

You'll love the pretty fall colors in TN for sure.

Side Note: My 4 year old saw a tree with yellow and orange leaves and told me it was dying. Poor thing has never seen leaves change colors since we lived in TX the last 4 years!
That's funny and cute... How about Snow... Has he seen snow? I know Tennessee isn't the great white north, but they do get some snow too. :)

Just got done work!! Packing the truck! Got my call from Kelly today have my golf cart pick up time, going to finish packing and then leaving at 2 am! We are planning on stopping at the in laws in Concord, NC staying there and then finishing the drive! I cant tell you how excited and nervous I am at the same time and a little bummed we arent talking the trailer ! We have normally have only gone with one child and now we have three!! :scared::scared::scared: Hope to maybe see some of you down there!!

That's funny and cute... How about Snow... Has he seen snow? I know Tennessee isn't the great white north, but they do get some snow too. :)

She has seen snow when she was 6 months when we spent a month in DC while her daddy worked the inauguration and when we went to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving 2 years ago. I don't think she remembers. So TN snow will be awesome for her..

Unpacked ALL our boxes and camping gear accounted for! Can't believe it. Gotta prep food and wash clothes and ready to leave Sunday for a stop at The Villages on our way. Can't wait! The trick is fitting every thing in my car..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter