~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

Following along, glad you are all starting to feel better, I was getting concerned as the week went on and there was no word so glad that you are on the up side of the sickness. Can't wait to follow along with your trip report, they are always the best!!!!

I'm glad that you started a new trip report. The pages will load faster than they do for your other trip report. ;)

I can't wait to hear about your trip. :)

Hey, D! I made it over. I am excited to hear all the details- I hope more good than bad? I'm glad you are all on the mend.

Following along!

I'll be following along!

I am in for the TR .......

I'm here D!!

So happy you're feeling better. Can't wait to see your adventures.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip :)

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

I'm here and ready to read!!

Hi! Once again I’m here and read the first post
Someday I hope to keep up with your TRs. Thank goodness we have FB to keep in touch. Love you my friend and I will try to follow along.

So excited to read about your trip!

Following along! May not have time to post often, but I always try to keep up with reading.

I'm in...will read along....love the furbabies!

Can’t wait to hear all about your trip.

Following along! :D

Following!

Following! Your seeing room is my dream...and I don't even sew!

Following from the January group! Love your TRs! :)

Excited to follow along!

Following along, glad you are all starting to feel better, I was getting concerned as the week went on and there was no word so glad that you are on the up side of the sickness. Can't wait to follow along with your trip report, they are always the best!!!!

I'm glad that you started a new trip report. The pages will load faster than they do for your other trip report. ;)

I can't wait to hear about your trip. :)

Following along! Can’t wait to hear all about your trip!

I'm intrigued! Can't wait to hear more!

Made it over here. Can't wait to read all about your trip.
Liz

Hi Dorine! I’m so excited to hear about the trip! :)

Hey, D! I made it over. I am excited to hear all the details- I hope more good than bad? I'm glad you are all on the mend.

Welcome to all of my old friends and all of my new friends!!! It's great to have you all here and following along! :lovestruc

I am super excited to be writing a new TR to add to my others! I love sharing my life, my family and our trips on The Dis!

Due to my week day schedule - I think that most of my TR updates will be done on the weekends - so keep that in mind. :) Working on my first update this morning... Also - keep in mind that I hope to be finished with this TR quickly... DH and I leave for Europe in just a few short months, and I am planning to visit DLP - I have a (temporarily neglected) PTR going already for that trip (I can only handle one TR/PTR at a time.. ::yes:: Kudos to those of you who can multi-task in this area of your life!), and I am also planning to write a TR when we return... So, keep an eye out for that one this coming summer! :woohoo:

Alrighty - let's get down to business then, shall we? :scratchin

D~

Monday, January 15, 2018

Arrival Day Part I

It's Disney day!!!!!!

Ahhh - just the best day ever! Right?

Every TR starts off with a picture of me, my morning coffee, and my kitchen oven clock in the background... I always start off by saying "If you can handle this picture - you can handle the rest of the TR"... And that could never be more true! ::yes::

C10A36E7-6535-4D54-936D-F4D6E5471067.jpg

I was up at 5:00 am, which is pretty typical for me - actually, it's late, usually I am up at 4am. I did a bit of coffee, FB and The Dis.

I also worked out - as I normally do on week days... but I don't normally work out on "Disney Day"... So, this was new. Our flight doesn't leave until late, and I had the time... Knowing I wouldn't work out again until we returned home - I figured I better be good.

9BD533E3-4D0D-41B5-920D-43343A5BD2F2.png

We all went to town to have Victoria's nails done... The rest of us have had them done at various times over the last few days, but due to V's work schedule, she had to wait...

098744AF-A623-463C-B840-CF29BF06679B.jpg

While we were there, I had to have Matt fix my toes - I'd messed them up terribly the day before... To make it simple - and I didn't want to wait around for them to dry - I just asked him to re-do them in gel...

D9C32CF2-0453-47EB-9C64-EE1425CB0C46.jpg

And my final decision on my nails - since I couldn't decide between red/white dots or black/white dots... I did a little of both. ::yes:: (convenient that my nails match my mittens... and nearly every thing else in my life - I love DOTS!)

E3A543AD-4E68-4396-9FD2-EA01864ACE4B.jpg

When we were finished with our nails... We had to stop at the store to get V's apple juice - she is rather particular about the brand/flavor - and it's hard to find here... We thought it best to bring it with. Most of her checked luggage was apple juice. :lmao:

CAEFA5D0-E9DD-4CA5-B7FC-2C5F7FBBF877.jpg

We also stopped to visit my dad, as we knew we wouldn't see him for over a week. I did arrange for a few family members to visit while we were gone - so that eased my mind a little bit.

Finally - we went home and began working on the packing situation... Mine was rather bleak... Not only did we have to pack for every weather situation (if you read my PTR for this trip - you KNOW how much I agonized over this :scratchin ), but I also had to pack 7 park bags and 7 sets of coordinating ears... This is what my checked luggage situation looked like a few days before departure... I was able to get it closed - but the seams were busting...

D4EB4DB6-D42E-46A5-95BC-9D58CAFF756C.jpg

Thankfully, bff loaned me her Eddie Bauer medium rolling duffel - which happened to be carry-on size, and I was able to transfer a HUGE amount of stuff to that luggage piece... I am planning to invest in a set just like this in the very near future!

BA744061-BE6C-4D4C-A672-B09EA7C42132.jpg

0516E659-4D03-41B7-B970-916233AB4F45.jpg

F4ACE91E-B231-4827-9C9F-344BCBF17D92.jpg

This one piece of luggage totally saved my packing on this trip! :woohoo:

So, luggage packed... and weighed on the way downstairs... My big piece of luggage came in at 46# - phew!

The girls and I laid down for a quick nap, as we knew we wouldn't arrive at our resort until late... but as usual, napping didn't happen - as we were all so excited to leave!

Eventually I got tired of laying there, so I got up and loaded the car...

03E0828B-77D5-4E82-9592-33903CCB9CA7.png

At 3:40pm, the girls and I decided that it was time to leave for the airport... Josh was off of work this day due to it being MLK Day - so that worked out really well for our travel plans. ::yes::

4D621D6D-E9FB-419A-9247-DAAA36925F57.jpg

On our way to the airport, we stopped at Jimmy Johns to grab supper to eat in the airport - which was a smart move on our part! ::yes:: As we were flying out of the little terminal at MSP - and even though dining options have vastly improved there over the last several years (they now have a Caribou AND a Starbucks) - the food options are still very limited.

We arrived at the airport at 4:30pm, exactly... We checked all of our luggage - and my 46# luggage actually weighed in at 43#! Even better! :woohoo:

We were through security very quickly... Both V and I set off the metal detector, so we were both wanded and my hands were swabbed. Of course - I was clear, and we were on our way in no time.

We took our time eating our Jimmy Johns... And we all went to the bathroom a bazillion times...

At 6:26pm we boarded and we were on our way to Disney!!!!

DA84193D-F0D9-43F5-86E8-FA7492373C14.jpg

50915B4A-1DC8-44C9-8A51-29494D45A9B6.jpg

Good-bye freezing cold Minnesota!!!!!

6C998E43-1DDD-4FAF-AB34-98834EFEA317.jpg

Link to Arrival Day Part II

D~

Last edited:
I can't believe you brought apple juice with you in the luggage. Wasn't it possible to get it in Florida and shipped to your resort?
Sounds like you got a great start on your trip :)

Woohoo - off to a good start! Your departure day sounds pretty relaxed. I'm not sure if I prefer an early morning flight or one later in the day. There are definitely advantages to both. The older I get the more I dislike getting up in the middle of the night to catch a flight. Anxious to read about your arrival and first day at Disney!

Thanks a lot of apple juice. I think I would hassign a colorve had it shipped to my resort, though.
Your nails are cute. I like the Minnie dots.
Not a whole lot has been going on here. It's just cold. At work we've started the movie reset. We actually started earlier that we should have so there are a lot of empty spaces. I'm finally getting used to the early shift. I seem to get more done, now.
I started crocheting a temperature blanket. That's where you assign a color to the temperature I have 9 colors. It's mostly purple an blues right now.
I can't wait to read about your first day,
Liz

Love the departure day!! I also love the dots but I do the red base, with white dots and the black line...

I have a goal of one day being able to pack for different types of weather but since we can only go during June (for now) I just pack the clothes to keep us cool!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Hello. Followed most of your PTR and wanted to let you know I’d be following along to hear how it went. Stinks that your DD got sick, that happened to us on our December trip. My DH got sick the second day and was pretty miserable the whole trip. I had a cough for a couple weeks before but wasn’t too bad but got home and was really sick with cough and congestion that took over a month to go away!
Hoping for a mostly great trip for you! Otherwise you may need to just plan a redo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter