~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

Haha, I did not know about V’s apple juice situation. Very interesting.

Love your mittens!

Seems weird for you to have a late flight....you are normally up in the weee hours to get ready on Disney Day.

Yay! Bye bye freezing MN!

Was it hard to take a late flight? At least you had some things to keep you busy.

We flew through Minneapolis for a flight to Hawaii once and I remember the Caribou coffee place and not much else.

At 6:26pm we boarded and we were on our way to Disney!!!!
It looks like the flight is mostly empty.

I can understand the juice love. I may or may not have a similar situation with my drinking water. :teeth: And paying 3x the amount in FL to have it delivered just stinks!

Yay!! I’ve been stalking this and the other thread every day to see the TR! So excited to follow!

Side note: are you able to post a link to the thread about your trip to DLP? I can’t seem to find it (if here is one lol)

Following along! Excited to join in on a TR fairly early. I usually have pages and pages to read to catch up! Now I’m off to read your PTR! Lol

Humphrey has a Starbucks now?? I guess we've been flying out of Lindbergh a lot lately, I do wish they would have more food options, they've come a long way, but still would be nice to have more!

I can't believe you brought apple juice with you in the luggage. Wasn't it possible to get it in Florida and shipped to your resort?
Sounds like you got a great start on your trip :)

I know, right? LOL It's very hard to find here, and we had Cindy on the look out down in Florida - she never did find it. So, we just brought it with, as it was easiest. :)

We did! :)

Woohoo - off to a good start! Your departure day sounds pretty relaxed. I'm not sure if I prefer an early morning flight or one later in the day. There are definitely advantages to both. The older I get the more I dislike getting up in the middle of the night to catch a flight. Anxious to read about your arrival and first day at Disney!

Yah - honestly - after this flight - I would much rather get up at 0' dark 30 and be on our way early... You'll read in my next update - it was just a pain to get there so late.

I am excited to share it!

Thanks a lot of apple juice. I think I would hassign a colorve had it shipped to my resort, though.
Your nails are cute. I like the Minnie dots.
Not a whole lot has been going on here. It's just cold. At work we've started the movie reset. We actually started earlier that we should have so there are a lot of empty spaces. I'm finally getting used to the early shift. I seem to get more done, now.
I started crocheting a temperature blanket. That's where you assign a color to the temperature I have 9 colors. It's mostly purple an blues right now.
I can't wait to read about your first day,
Liz

I would have shipped it, if anyone had it - but no one did, so we brought it with. It was just fine. :)

Thanks! I truly debated on which dots to get.

Sounds like work is going well... I am officially done at Target - my last day was on Tuesday last week and our store officially closed on Saturday at close of business... Allison drove by after work yesterday and ALL signage was GONE - including the Target on the front of the store... And all windows and doors were already boarded up. :eek: I dont' even want to see it like that - but I suspect it will be that way forever now. I am honestly very bitter with Target Corp for doing this to our store - it was such a great store... It's not as if we weren't making sales - it's that we weren't making enough sales. Anyways... On with life, I guess?

Your blanket sounds very interesting and fun! What a unique idea! :)

Have a great week Liz!

Love the departure day!! I also love the dots but I do the red base, with white dots and the black line...

I have a goal of one day being able to pack for different types of weather but since we can only go during June (for now) I just pack the clothes to keep us cool!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

I do too! It's my favorite day!

Typically, I do the red with white dots and black line too... But back in 2015, I added the black with white dots and red line to my line-up, and I really like it... I try to alternate on each trip, but it had been so long since our last trip - I couldn't decide. LOL In the end, I decided to do something a little different. ::yes::

From our 2013 trip...
Photo0037FourBySix.jpg

Hah - I will say, it is SO MUCH EASIER to pack in the summer... :) There is no question - it will just be plain hot! LOL I definitely preferred packing for our August and October trips over packing for our January trips - there are just so many variables... And Florida is NOT pleasant when it's cold - no matter what climate you come from or what you are "used to" - it's downright miserable! LOL Though - our warm days, on this trip, were so nice... I like to be comfortable in capris and tees - I don't much like to wear shorts lately, and I feel like tank tops show a bit more than I prefer these days, as well. ::yes:: I guess I am getting a little more modest in my old age? LOL

Thanks! I am excited to share it!

Hi Dorine! Joining in for another one of your TR's!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi!!! Super excited to have you here!

Following along....thanks for sharing your adventures.

Awesome! Welcome!!! :woohoo:

Hello. Followed most of your PTR and wanted to let you know I’d be following along to hear how it went. Stinks that your DD got sick, that happened to us on our December trip. My DH got sick the second day and was pretty miserable the whole trip. I had a cough for a couple weeks before but wasn’t too bad but got home and was really sick with cough and congestion that took over a month to go away!
Hoping for a mostly great trip for you! Otherwise you may need to just plan a redo

Awesome! Glad to have you here and following along again! :)

It was such a bummer for us... I felt so badly for V, still do, she worked so hard to pay for this trip - and to not be able to enjoy it. It was such a bummer!

What we did get for a trip together was great! And a redo has been discussed. :scratchin

I'm here!!!!

Yay! Welcome!

Haha, I did not know about V’s apple juice situation. Very interesting.

Love your mittens!

Seems weird for you to have a late flight....you are normally up in the weee hours to get ready on Disney Day.

Yay! Bye bye freezing MN!

Hahaha - this is a relatively new thing... I'd say, within the last 2 years... :scratchin

Thanks!!! They were a gift from Allison for Christmas. :lovestruc They are my favorite!!!!

I know, right? I will say - I don't like it and, in the future, will be taking earlier flights - maybe not as early as normal??? But earlier than that, for sure. ::yes::

Yup... Can't wait to leave again in a couple of weeks! :woohoo:

Was it hard to take a late flight? At least you had some things to keep you busy.

We flew through Minneapolis for a flight to Hawaii once and I remember the Caribou coffee place and not much else.

It looks like the flight is mostly empty.

It wasn't hard to take the flight... It was a LONG day waiting to leave - knowing we wouldn't arrive until late - and then trying to get settled... I prefer an early flight as opposed to a late one, in the future. ::yes::

Yah - the small airport is quite bleak for food options... It used to only be one little store... Then they added a Caribou, Subway and a sit down place... And just in the last few months, they also added a Starbucks - so it's getting better - but still not fabulous. Definitely not a fun airport to have a layover in. :scratchin

It was a very empty flight... After we took off, we were free to choose different seats on the flight... The lady next to V and I left - so we just stayed where we were.

I can understand the juice love. I may or may not have a similar situation with my drinking water. And paying 3x the amount in FL to have it delivered just stinks!

Hahaha! I am the same with my H2Oh! water... I typically use LaCroix when I am traveling, because it's available everywhere - but I don't like it nearly as much, it's just too flavored for my taste.

Following along. I love your nails!

Welcome! Thank you! I love having them done... Though now they are getting VERY long - I am trying to hold out on having them redone until I leave to go visit Suzi in a couple weeks - hopefully I can hold out that long? LOL It's already getting very difficult to thread the needles on my machines...

Yay!! I’ve been stalking this and the other thread every day to see the TR! So excited to follow!

Side note: are you able to post a link to the thread about your trip to DLP? I can’t seem to find it (if here is one lol)

I am so excited to have you here and following along, sorry it took me so long to get this started... I was just so sick the week we came back, there was no way I could do it. Glad to hear that so many people were looking forward to reading though - it makes all of the hard work and time used for journaling on our trips worth it! :lovestruc

Hold on - let me see if I can find it... I think I accidentally took it out of my siggy? That could be an issue for me, as well - LOL... :scratchin

Oooh - I found it - that was easy... Only on page 6 of the PTR section - so not too buried... I will be resuming this one just as soon as I finish up this TR... However - I may have an update for that PTR very soon, as Josh and I have been avidly shopping for airfare now. ::yes::

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sew-we’re-debt-freeeeeeee-and-headed-to-dlp-spring-2018.3625664/

Following along! Excited to join in on a TR fairly early. I usually have pages and pages to read to catch up! Now I’m off to read your PTR! Lol

Yay!!! Welcome!!! And yay to not being far behind! :woohoo: Good luck with the PTR - thankfully it's not as long as some of mine get... I think it's because the girls and I booked this trip on such short notice. ::yes::

Humphrey has a Starbucks now?? I guess we've been flying out of Lindbergh a lot lately, I do wish they would have more food options, they've come a long way, but still would be nice to have more!

Yes - we were talking to the Baristas when we were there, as we didn't even remember seeing it on our outbound flight - and our gate was very close to it... I think it JUST opened - like maybe within days??? They said it used to be the old Dunn Bros... I honestly don't even remember a DB ever being there either... The Starbucks is behind security, right before you exit to go to baggage claim - near the lower H section. ::yes::

Agreed - more options in that airport would be lovely... I remember our first flight flying out of that airport in 2008 - there was NOTHING... I think, maybe, there was that one store??? But otherwise, there was nothing there. :scratchin

**************************************************************************************************************

Alrighty... So a little life update for you all...

First and foremost - we are all healthy!!! Josh and Allison never did get our sickness - but both of them had the flu shot - so I was hoping that they would be spared. V and I (V especially) still have a bit of a straggling cough, but her illness was so much worse than mine was - I think it was because I was started on the Tamiflu before I even tested positive for the flu. ::yes::

I wanted to get started on this TR last week, but it was just so busy - I didn't have the time.

It was my first week back to work upstairs, so I had a lot on my plate there with a big order...

**************************************************************************************************************

And it was my last week working at Target - after 11.5 years... Forgive all of the pictures - but I did document the sad closing of our store... And a few comparison photos as well... My apologies - I won't write anymore about this after today... I promise. :lovestruc

This was our Seasonal area - the first area to be blocked off... The first photo was taken back in November - right after the announcement of the closing of our store... The second photo was the same area last week... All of the boxes waiting to be loaded up during the "Sweep" - which is what happens to all of our product that didn't sell - it will be "swept" to another store... This is taking place this week and next week.

8E5EE9DB-20CB-4BA2-AE03-51D0750C2DD3_1.jpg

83B532CE-5557-420C-B07B-E1EE01F93487.jpg

Another photo back in the Seasonal area - with all of our (now) extra fixtures...

3F4419DA-68DE-4141-AAA6-59EB446005B0.jpg

And then I also documented the decline of the front entrance - though I wish I would have started one day earlier - I didn't think of it until they started taking down the Gondolas in One Spot - so in this first photo, you can see the new carpet where we used to have 3 Gondolas - we are already down to 2 here (can't see the 2nd one behind the other)... I think this first picture was taken right after Christmas... Then sometime in January before we left... And the last one was taken the night the store closed...

F4F8054D-E71A-4DBC-A60B-77B929ABD4E4.jpg

028C3F3A-463D-4F57-ABA4-F8EEC3700E68.jpg

37E89AB3-35C3-4C85-B55B-3F0FA45FBB31.jpg

A dark photo of "my photo lab"... Where I worked for a great many years of my time at Target...

3EC86762-C362-4C65-9179-427ABFAE82C5.jpg

My last time punching out on Tuesday...

97B8014F-318A-4FBA-8095-F6E790A0A887.jpg

03A349A3-05C3-4C5B-98CC-A88137FA0285.jpg

And finally - the last time leaving the store... The store closed officially, 20 minutes after this photo was taken on Saturday evening. In hindsight - I am glad I took this photo... Allison drove by yesterday - and ALL signage is GONE and the store is boarded up. Already.

52C1D52F-073A-4468-90AC-F912A4B2D735.jpg

ETA a photo that one of my co-workers posted on FB the following morning after the store closed... Target sure didn't waste any time...

B96ABB9F-23C2-4D4D-80FC-D944F356C3F3.jpg

Even though I hated my job here - I've dreaded and hated it for many, many years... I stayed because I loved my co-workers and I shopped at this store nearly every day... The only good thing about this - is that our budget will be very different... More $$ for Disney I guess? :scratchin :lmao:

Thanks for letting me share this part of my life here... I know it's kinda stupid - but for us, it's very sad.

In other news... I've been working hard in my sewing room... I've been branching out and making a lot of my own clothing items... It has been a long time since I've made anything for myself. I've found that I really enjoy working with knits and I really love being able to tailor my clothing to fit my body. :lovestruc

A few things I've made in recent weeks... Some were before our trip and some have been since we've been home...

A black Ragdoll Raglan with a cut out back from Patterns4Pirates...

CD091A85-A492-4A3B-8436-F738EAA7944C.jpg

236DC2C1-A9B3-4D50-9F27-32AA4205A9F9.jpg

A Slim-fit Raglan, also from P4P...

DFB7678E-2111-43BD-859E-B5C10BEED347.jpg

A Slim-fit Raglan with a hacked cut out back from the Ragdoll - pattern from P4P (Love their patterns!)

837012B1-AB58-46FC-B6C6-8C8BB2E717FB.jpg

I've also starting making myself bralettes... These are so fun - especially with all of the open backed shirts I've been making!!! I've made a few bralettes - but this is the only one I have good pictures of - and let's be honest - I really *should* post something Disney related in this post. ::yes::

BBB7A7E3-CD01-4019-8174-2067223F3723.jpg

I have a few more things in progress - but I am waiting on a fabric shipment to finish them up. :)

New year, new glasses...

These were the 2 I was debating on...

4D99ADCD-0CE6-4A2F-A419-505C7CF98542.jpg

B31FD85D-C04C-4A89-970D-AE8D6DD9B8BE.jpg

In the end, I ordered the more "funky" ones... I already have 3 other pairs that are almost exactly like the first ones - and my prescription hasn't changed much... So, I decided to go "out of my box" and have a little fun. ::yes:: They should be here late this week or early next week.

The girls are doing well - staying busy...

Allison is back to work - picking up bonus shifts like crazy again and just saving, saving, saving... She is still dating Gus and things seem to be going well there... Gus still lives 3 hours away, so their time together is limited, but they seem to be making it work. :lovestruc

Victoria is also back to work... She has a pretty serious boyfriend... They met just before Christmas - his name is Carter. He lives about an hour away - so they spend a lot of their off time either here or there. He is a very nice boy and both Josh and I approve. :lovestruc

8A521553-E76F-4F93-B260-8DCC2FE95C22_1.jpg

Puppies are doing well!!! Spoiled, as always! ::yes:: Though no recent pics... Bad puppy momma! ::yes::

OK - that's all for life around here! Looking forward to my trip to see Suzi in a couple of weeks + the warmer weather! :woohoo: Then, when I come home, we should just be a few short weeks away from spring weather! :)

Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! Have a great week if I don't get back here! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
Glad to find your TR this morning and looking forward to the rest of it. Sorry things didn't go as planned, but we've dealt with plenty of sick people (kids and adults) on our vacations so we know you just learn to roll with it as much as you can, since it IS still vacation!

Sad about the closing of your store and LOVE the new clothes you've been making yourself. Very cool. Wish I had the patience for that, the best I can do with my sewing machine is some simple basic curtains (valance really) and hemming of pants!

I followed your PTR and saw a lot of your pics over on Facebook and Instgram, so I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

I'm sorry you all got sick, but I'm glad you are better now. Tamiflu can really be a lifesaver!

How sad that your Target store is now closed. :(

The clothes you made for your self looks great. You are so talented. It must be great to be able to make clothes with the fabric and fit you want. :lovestruc I really wish I could make my own clothes, but I've never become friends with the sewing machine. So I won't even try to sew anything, because if I do the first thing that happens is that something gets wrong with the machine and then I can't figure out how to fix it :rotfl:

I think the glasses on the second picture looks great on you.

How great that Allison is able to save money. I'm glad to hear Allison and Gus are still dating and that the distance relationship is working.

How great that Victoria also has found a boyfriend and that you and Josh approve :)
Sounds like both the girls has found good guys to be with :lovestruc

Nothing exciting happening in my end of the world.
I'm still trying to learn how to get my car out of my garage, but it's not easy and I'm nowhere near being able to do it alone with out the guidance from Ulf. Some days it goes OK with the guidance from Ulf, but other days it doesn't go well at all. That is really frustrating. Knock on wood I haven't crashed the car yet.
I now can drive the car into the garage on my own with out too much trouble, but that doesn't help much since I still can't get the car out of the garage on my own.

Ack! Finally here. Had some internet issues that were caused by DH, but better now! Looking forward to the TR, although I know it didn't end as well as you would have liked!

Love the new glasses and of course all the new sewing projects.

Sometimes fate has a way of taking care of problems you don't want to solve--so Target closing has forced you to leave a job you didn't like--pretty much a win in the long run, although I totally understand enjoying the co-workers. It's hard to move on sometimes, but I think you've already found your next adventure so I think you will be happy!

I'm late to the party, as usual, but happy to be following along and getting to re-live our trip!

Some day – I hope to take him back to Disney with me – and hopefully he will see the Pixie Dust that makes all of us love it so much
Taking this most recent trip, just Rob and I, was really SO magical!! I bet it would be fun to plan a trip just the two of you so he can rediscover the magic :) Plus, there is SO much to do that wouldn't involve the big crowds and waiting in line, etc.

Thanks for letting me share this part of my life here... I know it's kinda stupid - but for us, it's very sad.
It's not stupid at all! It becomes such a part of your life, it's like suffering a death :(

Nice to see/hear your girls are so happy and that you approve of their choices in partners!

A Slim-fit Raglan, also from P4P...
You look very slender in this top. :) I used to make clothes for myself, mostly slacks because store bought ones were never long enough for my long legs and the sleeves in shirts, sweaters and coats were never long enough, either. Then manufacturers started making clothes with longer sleeves and I didn't have to sew anymore. I still have trouble with slacks, though.

Even though I hated my job here - I've dreaded and hated it for many, many years... I stayed because I loved my co-workers and I shopped at this store nearly every day...
I'm glad that you were able to get some goodby pictures. I would think it would be something of a relief not to go to a job that you didn't like.

OK - that's all for life around here! Looking forward to my trip to see Suzi in a couple of weeks + the warmer weather! :woohoo: Then, when I come home, we should just be a few short weeks away from spring weather!
That trip sounds like fun. :)

Wow! I did not realize your flight was so late. From reading your responses, it sounds like you didn’t like the late flight. I’m finding myself in the same position for our June trip. I can get cheap flights - like $67 - if we fly out later than I like. One flight has us getting in around 7:30 and the other flight around 9:00. If we took the flight that lands at 7:30, we probably won’t get to Disney until 9:00. If we take the other flight, we are considering staying at the hotel in the airport and going to Disney in the morning. I seriously don’t know what to do. Do you have any suggestions???

Looking at the photos of Target is sad. Even though it wasn’t your favorite job, it’s sad that you’ll no longer be working with the people you are now friends with. Hopefully you’ll still get to see them.

Side note - Were you effected (traffic, etc) by the Super Bowl at all? If I remember correctly, you live near the Mall of America. I’m not an Eagles fan (Steelers fan here), but I live about 1 1/2 hours from Philly. It’s all that’s been on TV. I’m kind of glad it’s over.

Not to worry! Glad you are all feeling better! My daughter got some of the flu bugs going around but fortunately it wasn’t that bad and she only missed 2 days of school. It’s so sad to see your Target like that. I would be so sad if the one that’s minutes away closed, I would t know what to do:rotfl2:

Thank you for posting the link!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter