Shopping on the Med Cruise Recommendations?

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We don't tend to really shop for much when we cruise, but on the Med cruise, anything good to watch for? For example, in Italy are there deals on sunglasses? Jewelry? Or anything for that matter :) Two 22 yr olds who might be on the hunt :)

I am always leary of the places that are pushed on the cruises, but again - never really shop.

Thanks all!

There will be vendors, sometimes too many, at nearly every stop. If you have time, look for established shops as you walk along the way. There are loads of tents/temporary structures at every popular tourist attraction. We did not have loads of time to shop, except at the Vatican and in Florence. Good luck!!

not sure if you mean on the cruise ship itself or in the port cities... In France, I'm looking for lavender products (we'll be in provence) and maybe perfume. i like to buy gold in italy because of the styles not the prices. I also buy things like tablecloths (hand made). naples is known for their nativities .. and a few other items like the cameo. i'm mostly into food so i love the sauces, pastas, limoncello.. wines..

I haven't gone yet, but I've read on other sites about hand-made Espadrilles shoes in Barcelona so I'll be going to a store for those. And I also will be going on an excursion with a winery visit in France so I plan on getting some wine.

Not cruising to the Med but am planning to pick up some of those Espadrilles when we go to Barcelona this Fall. Florence has nice leather goods. If you have time and you have any shoe fiends, the Ferragamo shop in Florence has a little museum with shoes that belonged to Audrey Hepburn and were worn in films, like the glass slippers for Ever After. Nice olive oil soaps and handcreams in Florence too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter