Should I ask my Dad's wife to see his will?

BYW My case is closed step mom still does not know I saw the will and I got what I need through other family members I am happy. I wish Karma on others

Oh and i will not address her on those specific items willed to me... The fact my Dad still thought of me for his will is worth more than those items.

Very glad you were able to find the closure you were looking for and found want you needed. Family Dynamics can be really hard and I'm always glad for those that find peace in the hard things.

Then you indicated that you would "take matters into" your own hands. And essentially take whatever it was you wanted.

I think there is a real difference of stealing something of value or something sentimental that was specifically left to someone else in the will and taking something sentimental from someone whom it had no meaning whatsoever who wants to keep solely to be a jerk.

I think there is a real difference of stealing something of value or something sentimental that was specifically left to someone else in the will and taking something sentimental from someone whom it had no meaning whatsoever who wants to keep solely to be a jerk.
And as many people on this thread have said, stealing is stealing, even if it is something you really want. Even if you don't think the other person deserves it.

And as many people on this thread have said, stealing is stealing, even if it is something you really want. Even if you don't think the other person deserves it.

Are you suggesting living like the Wild West or total anarchy wouldn't be absolute paradise? Are you sure civilization isn't overrated?

If my dad had left it to me in his will that makes it mine, if his wife refused to hand it over it’s not stealing it is recovering my property.

We also try to insteal human decency in children-some step parents miss this memo when dealing with the children of their partners (after they have passed)

This is COMPLETELY different. If you were willed something and did not receive it you go to the executor (or the judge if it’s the executor causing the problem) and they will provide remedy- that’s literally one of the examples I gave in my previous post.

If your parent did not will items to you and did not arrange for you to get it while still alive, then it’s not yours. Robbing someone’s house and taking property not belonging to you makes you a criminal.

Are you suggesting living like the Wild West or total anarchy wouldn't be absolute paradise? Are you sure civilization isn't overrated?

I’m unlikely to be in the situation ever, both my parents and DHS parents have been married over 30 years, so this is all purely hypothetical. I have however seen step parents do exactly this to my dad and my aunt (dads brothers wife).

Honestly as another poster said, if I took a box of photos that were of me and my dad for example-it would be hard for the step parent to prove they owned them in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter