Silver Spur Restaurant - reviews

oh no now i want to try this restaraunt. damn all those yummy food pics. i dont not have enough days for all the food i want to eat. what is cordon bleu anyone??

DD had the cordon bleu - its a bit like a mini chicken kiev with cheese in it. It was shaped like Mickey Mouse. She really enjoyed it. Ive never seen them before in DLP but noticed them on another childrens menu as well

Well we got back at 1am this morning and checking my e-mails, this thread popped in. We started our trip on Sunday at the Silver Spur and it was excellent as always (one of my fav meals, if not top fav this trip - we ate at Silver Spur, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, King Ludwigs, the Steakhouse, Walt's and Annette's this trip).

Trip report (and pics) will follow when I get time this weekend, but overall, the Silverspur was great as always (and our cast member William Marco) is an Italian cast member who is trying to get a year at Epcot's Italy pavillion (he was fantastic).

We started with our complimentary Kirs - gotta love the Dream Pass.

I had the I Bone (fabulous medium rare sirloin and fillet on the same piece of meat), a wonderful stuffed jacket potatoe, veggies. Sarah had the lamb which she loved, and Mikey (5) and Jess (3) shared a pasta kids meal.

Accompanied by a lovely bottle of beaujoulais and water.

For desert, I had the apple tart with ice cream and a chocolate horseshoe, Sarah had a pecan and chocolate cake.

It was fabulous, and a great start to a fantastic trip to DLP (photos and trip report to follow)

It was £100, but well worth it.

Hi Dave- Welcome back!

Pleased you had a nice time, can't wait to hear more. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Bob xoxoxox

Welcome back.

:eek: That seems so much for 2 adults and 1 shared child's meal! As stated above, we had 3 adult meal and one teen meal and it converted to only £75

I ordered a nice bottle of wine, some water and we ordered what we wanted off of the menu. It was worth it. we had coffees too. If we just ordered cokes it would have been much cheaper.

I ate at Silver Spur last October and I wasn't entirely impressed- mainly with the service, maybe it was the time of day we went... I dunno. We had a 4.30pm reservation on a Monday and we felt rushed and unwelcome. I tried hard with my broken french as the waiters english was poor. The restaurant was almost empty and we were put in a corner I asked to move because the family next to us were very very noisy and we were told the rest of the tables were reserved... not one of the tables were used whilst we were there.

There was 2 of us dining my DF and myself we'd just got engaged so we were looking for a nice and quiet romantic dinner. Starter he had Ceaser Salad and I had had Beef Carpachio (?) I didn't like it, I just made the most of the bread rolls. Main Course I had Steak, it was a bit too peppery for my liking and I had to send it back once because of cold chips DF had the Salmon, he wasn't overly keen on it. I had the chocolate and praline croquante for my dessert and he had the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce I ended up eating that one too... he's not a big dessert person, it was all rounded off with a bottle of 15th Anniversary wine.

All in all

Service 4/10
Food 7/10... the desserts made up for a starter I didn't like and having to send my main back.
Value for Money 7/10

Wow, that's really different than our experience. we eat here almost every time and only had one moderate meal here.

I would have given our experience the following marks:

Service - 9
Meal - 9
Value - 8

I wonder if a lot of people have complained about the carpaccio, because when my husband ordered it, the waitress asked if he knew what it was! Fortunately he has had it before and knew he would like it.

what is it out of interest. its the one starter that puts everyone off here and then they say i dont like this place. hello get a different starter. yes i do have a battle on my hands here lol

They are thin slices of raw beef in a parmesan and rocket dressing.

They look like raw beef, that's the problem.:sick: I wouldn't fancy it.

I'd had Carpaccio before so yes I did know what it was it was the dressing they put on it I didn't like about it.

likey i've seen this, raw meat? is it just cooked rare.

Or is it a delicace and therefore raw!

may go for something not as risky as i always have my steak well done!

likey i've seen this, raw meat? is it just cooked rare.

Or is it a delicace and therefore raw!

may go for something not as risky as i always have my steak well done!

Carpaccio's are often raw slices of various things, but they can be lightly seared in the pan, making the outside a teeny, tiny bit cooked. Depends on where you are, but a carpaccio will always be pretty much raw.

Bob xoxoxox

Carpaccio's are often raw slices of various things, but they can be lightly seared in the pan, making the outside a teeny, tiny bit cooked. Depends on where you are, but a carpaccio will always be pretty much raw.

Bob xoxoxox

looks like I'll have to have another look at the Sheriff menu then!

now where was it!

looks like I'll have to have another look at the Sheriff menu then!

now where was it!

A bit further back in the thread. :goodvibes The menu has changed since then though, and I don't have a copy of it.... I think the Sheriff menu options for starters are: Goats Cheese and tomato salad, ceaser salad, or the Carpaccio.

Bob xoxoxoxox

A bit further back in the thread. :goodvibes The menu has changed since then though, and I don't have a copy of it.... I think the Sheriff menu options for starters are: Goats Cheese and tomato salad, ceaser salad, or the Carpaccio.

Bob xoxoxoxox

You do realise soon that any menu queries will be coming directly to you :laughing:

well as i don't like the green stuff im struggling a bit now, i thought Carpaccio meant cold meats, not raw! lol damn

that would of been a bit of a surprise

Not sure if its better for me to order seperate now or make so with the salad on the sheriff's menu as i'll have the desert after.

A bit of juggerling now I think as i thought it was a good deal to get the steak for that alone really

You do realise soon that any menu queries will be coming directly to you :laughing:

well as i don't like the green stuff im struggling a bit now, i thought Carpaccio meant gold meats, not raw! lol damn

that would of been a bit of a surprise

Not sure if its better for me to order seperate now or make so with the salad on the sheriff's menu as i'll have the desert after.

A bit of juggerling now I think as i thought it was a good deal to get the steak for that alone really

I like to think I'm fairly good with food!! :laughing:

I tend to find that one or two courses are enough at DLRP (I never finished a meal while we were there because the portions were huge) so you could maybe bypass the starter altogether? I think they do a goats cheese pastry starter that looks rather yummy!

Bob xoxoxox

The carpaccio is really nice- nicer than it sounds but there again I like my steak done medium- still a bit red. The slices are wafer thin so you are not eating a lump of raw meat - I dont think I could do that

The carpaccio is really nice- nicer than it sounds but there again I like my steak done medium- still a bit red. The slices are wafer thin so you are not eating a lump of raw meat - I dont think I could do that

Robert is trying to decide if he'd want the carpaccio to start...... He likes his steak quite rare, so it might be alright for him.

Bob xoxoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter