Silver Spur Restaurant - reviews

On our recent trip to DLRP we ate at the Silver Spur twice, and had a very different experience each time.

First time was on the Friday afternoon when we arrived without a reservation but were seated straight away. The restaurant was fairly quiet. Our CM was very pleasant and friendly. I ordered the lamb and she took time to discuss how I should have this cooked, to ensure it would be to my liking (she assured me it would be fine medium and said if it was too pink for me she would take it back, but she was right). DH ordered the fillet steak. Both meals were excellent. My lamb was delicious, as was the garlic and rosemary jus, and the potatoes. I didn't eat the roasted vegetables but DH tried them and proceeded to eat them all, saying they were very good. He also declared his steak the best since our last visit to the US. The CM checked with us early on that the meals were to our liking, then a little later to see if we wanted more drinks, and then desserts or coffee. All in all, it was a most enjoyable meal.

On Saturday we made a reservation and were kept waiting only a few minutes before being seated. The restaurant was no more than a third full. As we sat down, the party at the next table were complaining that they had been seated for over 15 minutes and had not yet been served. The CM appeared shortly afterwards and took their order, then came to us. I again ordered the lamb and requested it medium-well to be on the safe side. DH ordered the I-bone steak.

The meals arrived within a reasonable time but were vastly different to the day before. Some pieces of my lamb were borderline medium-rare but I could manage to eat them, others were too rare and I had to leave them. The potatoes were tough and chewy on the edges, as if they had been reheated several times. The roasted vegetables as listed on the menu had been replaced with green beans, without any consultation. And the garlic and rosemary jus was notable by its absence. DH's steak was medium-rare rather than the medium he had ordered, although he can cope with that, and it was not a particularly good piece of meat.

It was a different CM who delivered the meals, our own CM was nowhere to be seen and no-one else came near us. If I had wanted to send my meal back, I would have had to get up and go to find someone to speak to, so I decided against it and just ate what I could. We finished our meals then sat and waited. After quite a while DH managed to attract the CM's attention and asked for the bill, which she brought quickly. But then she headed off over to the other side of the restaurant, we think to try and sort out an incorrect bill that a family nearby appeared to have queried. Eventually DH got up and went over to her to pay so that we could leave.

Aside from the decor, which we love, it was like having eaten in 2 different restaurants. We had planned to eat there again on Sunday before the journey home, and we did think about giving it another chance in the hope we had just been unlucky on Saturday. But we decided it was too expensive to risk it.

Updated menu kindly sent to em via Steve_Rob....

69d0715a.jpg

We ate here yesterday lunchtime and it was an okay experience. Not as good as we have been used to, I'm afraid.

The restaurant was not very full. We were taken to where a family of four were seated at a table for 6, and the waiter simply pulled the end bit of their table out a little bit. This meant the waiter had to squeeze between the two tables to serve this family of 4 and we were very close to them...a bit too cosy for my liking.

I know in summer they were advertising a 40 minute lunchtime meal, but this was not mentioned or offered, so maybe they don't do it anymore.:confused3

I ordered the entrecote steak and asked for it to be cooked well done. It was quite fatty and quite bloody in the middle so I just ate the outside bits. I don't think the sauce was a bearnaise sauce either. I would guess that I had been given a pepper sauce by mistake. My daughter's meal came without the green beans that it was supposed to have - maybe a lot of kids don't eat them, but my daughter likes them. She didn't like the sausages, but that is just a matter of taste - there was nothing actually wrong with them.

100_0513.jpg

The best part of the meal was the cocktail my daughter ordered - Lilly's Cocktail.

100_0509.jpg

It stayed smoking for ages and looked really impressive.

Considering the half full restaurant, the waiter seemed very rushed - perhaps too many table are given to each member of staff :confused3

I expect we will go back again, but it wasn't as good as I hoped for.

We ate there on th 1st November at lunchtime (around 12a.m.).
It was a bit crowded and there was lot of noises but it was great. As usual, we had kirs and ornage juice for free with our Pass

Decoration and vibe: 6/10 Great decoration but too noisy (it is maybe because of the naughty little girl beside us)
Service: 7/10 Ok, no particular problem and quick served.
Food: 9/10 Great, delicious, tasty...Mmmmmmmh

Decoration
P1110279.jpg

My kir and I
P1110290.jpg

Food
Bread
P1110291.jpg

I wanted to take an appetizer, an entree and a dessert but when I saw the appetizer, even if it was for two people, it was enormous so I deleted my main course! I had enough with the half of this: "poêlon du cow-boy". It was really delicious: onion rings, corn chips, nachos, chicken wings, special things with cheese...
P1110293.jpg

P1110298.jpg

My mum took with me the poêlon but also 'croustillant de chèvre' I tried and it was good.
P1110294.jpg

My godmother took the tortellini with wegetables. I tried, it was just ok for me.
P1110300.jpg

I took as dessert the chocolate cake: good but too sweet and too caramel for me! ^^
P1110304.jpg

Jack and I ate here on 18th January at 6.30pm. It was very quiet and we were seated immediately - right by the kitchen which was great fun to watch.

We looked at the HB menu - but I didn’t want 3 courses so we ordered from the regular menu.

I had the Teriyaki Double chicken breast with pineapple, fragrant rice and stir fried veg. Chicken and pineapple salad was gorgeous, but the veg was very sorry for itself.

Jack had the Sirloin with Pepper sauce which he enjoyed - the chips were lovely. He also had the Philly Cheesecake for afters which was LUSH. Jack loves cheesecake and he said it was the best he has ever eaten!!

We shared a large bottle of water and the bill came to €52.50 so we used one HB voucher and put down the extra 8 and a tip.

Was a great meal - and would certainly revisit.

We ate here Wednesday the 17th of December. We arrived just before 12noon. It was actually the cheapest of all our table service meals- partly because they had a deal on that if you were seated before 12 noon, children (3-11) could eat from the childs set meal for free-excellent! (the deal which also applied to the Blue Lagoon and Rendez-Vous des Stars, we spotted advertised in very small print on the green weekly programme -so it's worth checking!)
The restaurant like so many in DLP has great theming with all the wild west decor, lighting and music you really were transported to the heart of old Texas! I was umming and eerring as to wether to eat here or not because of it's mixed reviews- I'm really glad we did, we had a lovely time.
We started with the Cowboy Combo which was very tasty and filling (you certainly don't need another starter with it!)- it consisted of (from what I can remember)-a really good Guacamole, tortilla chips, onion rings, prawns, Tuna enchilladas and a spicy piece of chicken
paraskevi

My DS had the Woody Menu which was sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes and emmental cheese, beef burger, homemade style fries and veg and fruit salad- he ate it all and had an icecream! He declared it all delicious!
paraskevi

Me and my husband both had steak. I had mine with pepper sauce which was good but the steak a little tough but that's probably bad luck as DH'S was fine. He had his with his favourite Bearnaise sauce which although he said was tasty wasn't a patch on the one at Walts.
We thought The Silver Spur was good value and we would go there again

on our last night ash fell asleep. as we hadnt ate yet i said we would try the silver spur. i was so glad that we did. the meal was a little slow to be honest but the food was great. my mom had teryaki chicken breast with rice. she said it was lovely. i had a steak with chips. i got the cheapest steak but it was the nicest steak i had every ate. there was no fat and the meat was cooked perfectly. i had a sundae for dessert and was very nice. great atmosphere and a lovely meal. although if you are in a rush then maybe not the best option.

DisneylandParis2009486.jpg

DisneylandParis2009487.jpg

DisneylandParis2009488.jpg

The sauce with the carpaccio is argenitinian and I would have said a very aquired taste. I have tried it several times with cooked meats and although I will eat almost anything struggle with it. Perhaps you could ask for the sauce on the side and try it first. Carpaccio is great with lemon and olive oil

Menu showing the choices for each half board option - this is not available outside the restaurant you need to go inside to ask.

With the premium vouchers you can choose a starter, main and dessert from the menu.

DSC06110.jpg

Sorry the main menu isnt very clear

Copy2ofDSC05981.jpg

We ate here on our last day for a late lunch/dinner as we were getting the train early evening.

We booked for 3.30 and got there a bit early so had to wait. When we got sat down rather than putting us on the raised bit by either side which were still fairly busy, they plonked us right in the middle which had to be the least themed bit and also rather quite so we felt rather on show with our 18 month daughter making a bit of noise. (not screaming and shouting just chattering away to herself).

We had a very rude waiter here who did turn ultra nice about 10mins before the bill came. We ordered the mixed platter for two to start which was really nice then DH had marinated chicken which was nice and I had the ribs which were beautiful but way too big, so hubbie finished those off too!!! We didn't eat deserts here as we decided to get icecreams later on. The bill came to 60 something euros.

We had a reservation for 7.30pm on the 14th March. We were seated straight away but had to wait for ages for the CM to take our orders. We had free dining HB+ dinner vouchers and were given the appropriate menu when we arrived. Once we had ordered the food came out quickly and we didn't have to wait long between courses. The food was lovely, especially the chocolate cake. The meal was absolutely fine and I don't have anything particularly to say for or against.

SilverSpurHBMenu2.jpg

SilverSpurHBMenu.jpg

SilverSpurMain.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur1.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur2.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur3.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur4.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur5.jpg

DrinksSilverSpur6.jpg

we ate here on sunday 14th of march at 7.30 with our free food vouchers. we were able to get the half board standard meal each.

i had the chicken ceasar salad for starters, butchers cut and creme brulee.
the salad was fine, the meat was ok but a bit tough and the creme brulee was also ok. nothing special but filled me up. I had asked our waiter if i could have a different sauce with my meat as i dont like bernaise but i was told it wasnt possible.

my mam had the soup, cheese ravioli and the cafe gourmond
she said her soup was ok but it was warm rather than hot, she wasnt keen on the cheese in the ravioli, it looked a bit like stuffing so she tried to eat around it. she didnt like her cafe gourmond. i asked if she could have a white coffee or a latte with it and we were told no only expresso. im not sure why it was a problem it never has been in any other restaurant.

Ashleigh had chips and burger, and chocolate kind of pudding. i asked could she have a sprite but was told no, either fruit juice or water so she had apple juice. i also asked could she have ice cream for her dessert and if you are seeing a pattern here i was told no they dont do that, she had to have the chocolate mush.

I had asked for ashleighs burger to be well done but it was still pink, she just ate some off the edge. she had one spoon of the chocolate mush and said it was horrible. i thought she was just being picky so i tried it and it really wasnt nice. of course i then saw kids at the next table getting ice cream so maybe it was a problem with using vouchers rather than paying, im not sure.

the restaurant was very busy and very hot our meals were ok except for ashleighs. im not sure if we would go back there again.

We hadn't originally planned to eat at the Silver Spur but when Walts was closed we went here instead on Monday, 8th November 2010. We dashed round the covered walkway as the rain was pretty much torrential at this point, and were soon in the cosy warmth of the Silver Spur. Gorgeous traditional Christmas decorations and delicious smells!
102_4155.jpg

We were seated near the back and again had a lovely waiter. I had the Cowboy Platter (supposed to be a side order to share but look its massive!) which was very tasty, especially the quesadillas and crispy prawns. Mmm. My sister the carnivore had a fillet steak which she wolfed down and said it was one of the best steaks she had had! My mum had roast chicken with potatoes, she quite liked it but wasn’t keen on the sauce. She is fussy. Then I had a crème brulee which came out all aflame, and my mum had a café gourmand. Delicious, and needless to say we were stuffed by the time we left.
102_4144.jpg

102_4145.jpg

102_4151.jpg

102_4153.jpg

We ate here in April and it was my personal favourite - hubby prefers the all you can eat buffets :laughing:. The food was delicious - I had steak and creme brulee - yummy :goodvibes. The waiter was really lovely and entertained the kids whilst I perused the menu :). I def want to go back again.

Review from November 3, 2012.

We ate there for dinner, mainly because the Main Street piano player was doing his sets in the restaurant due to the heavy rain. I hadn't been in there for quite a while and honestly can't recall why.

I had the Sheriff's Menu with Red Bean soup, pasta and the cheesecake. We were offered the Dreams menu when being seated, but all declined. The restaurant was maybe 75 percent full, but they were turning away people saying they were fully booked.

Halloween decoration:

IMG_4935.jpg

The piano player:

IMG_4941.jpg

Dreams Pass cocktail:

IMG_4944.jpg

Red Bean Soup:

IMG_4939.jpg

Was good, a little on the peppery side. I like my soup warmer, but that's personal taste. Also I expected the soup to be a little thicker, but that may be the German version I am used to.

Mushroom Ravioli:

IMG_4942.jpg

Nice taste, although the mushroom taste could have been a bit more prominent for my liking. I was quite surprised that the vegetables were cold (so more salad style), but nice overall.

Cheesecake:

IMG_4945.jpg

Now this was really delicious. The fruit coulis had everything that I expected from the panacotta that was missing it and more.

What we all did think was annoying was the serving speed. One of my friends went to take a picture of the piano player and the waiter appeared and simply took away his starter. Not sure if they wanted us out because a rush was coming or what. But it did give the impression they wanted us out as soon as possible.

Rating: B-, with the reason for the minus being the service.

we ate here last thursday. my dd and i had half board standard vouchers. i had a ceasar salad, steak and ice-cream. i was a bit sad that they no longer offered cheesecake on the half board standard meal plan. my dd had fish and chips.

my mam didn't have vouchers but ordered a kit carson platter. it was a meat skewer with chips and corn.

we all enjoyed our food. the only downside was the service was a bit slow but the food was delicious so it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter