Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking MK first by itself, AK with Downtown Disney and Mini Golf, Epcot by itself, and DHS with the water parks? Does anyone have a preference?

Looks good to me! The order doesn't really matter since I'm planning on saving these for our next trip. I just want to start thinking about what I might do. The designing portion of the page swaps take me forever!

Jennifer if you do by quarter I think your due dates are great...
If you need an angel please let me know..

I think you have come up with a very good idea.. wish I could join but have so much going on right now..

Thanks for the info on the dates.

Mk first please.

:)

Looks good to me! The order doesn't really matter since I'm planning on saving these for our next trip. I just want to start thinking about what I might do. The designing portion of the page swaps take me forever!

I'm planning on saving them for my next trip too :goodvibes

Jennifer, I will be up for however you set this up, like the quarterly dates!

Okay...So if we have "titles", say we have 10 people interested, each person would make 2 or 3 different sets of 10? (If we decide to do double page layouts, that would be 40 or 60 pages, single would be 20 or 30. Right?).

This is the whole list for MK from the second post, we obviously don't have to include ALL of them (for instance, the generic 'land' titles), and/or we can add others as people think of them. However, I would like to have a final list before we open sign-ups so people can sign-up for a specific title/ride.

Am I understanding this correctly? :lmao:

1. Fantasyland
  2. Dumbo
  3. Barnstormer
  4. It's a Small World
  5. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  6. Journey of the Little Mermaid
  7. Mad Tea Party
  8. Mickey's PhilharMagic
  9. Peter Pan's Flight
  10. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  11. Snow White's Scary Adventure
  12. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  13. Adventureland
  14. Enchanted Tiki Room
  15. Jungle Cruise
  16. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  17. Pirates of the Caribbean
  18. Swiss Family Tree House
  19. Frontierland
  20. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  21. Splash Mountain
  22. Country Bear Jamboree
  23. Tom Sawyer Island
  24. Liberty Square
  25. Haunted Mansion
  26. Hall of Presidents
  27. Liberty Belle Riverboat
  28. Main Street USA
  29. Dapper Dans
  30. Railroad
  31. In front of the Castle
  32. Tomorrowland
  33. Astro Orbiter
  34. Buzz Lightyear
  35. Stitch's Great Escape
  36. Carousel of Progress
  37. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  38. Space Mountain
  39. Tomorrowland Speedway
  40. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Now, how does everyone feel about colors? Do we want to stick to the red, white, black, and yellow? Or, do we want to include the colors in the rides? I'm leaning toward ride colors, myself, but am open to feedback.

And, what about characters? Should we do a separate group for characters?

I'm in!! Not sure what I'm gettting into after reading all the ideas and suggestions!! But if it can get 5 years of WDW onto pages plus what ever DLR pictures I have too then I'm good!!:lmao:

I just read your last post....so if we start with MK, we choose 2 or 3 rides/charcters listed, we would make layouts for all the players so at the end I would have pages for all the rides/charcters listed??

I do like sticking to the colors of the ride also and the quarterly dates are great!

Need to get to work, but boss is out of the office today and I'm in charge so I can check my phone more today!:)

I'm in!! Not sure what I'm gettting into after reading all the ideas and suggestions!! But if it can get 5 years of WDW onto pages plus what ever DLR pictures I have too then I'm good!!:lmao:

I just read your last post....so if we start with MK, we choose 2 or 3 rides/charcters listed, we would make layouts for all the players so at the end I would have pages for all the rides/charcters listed??

I do like sticking to the colors of the ride also and the quarterly dates are great!

Need to get to work, but boss is out of the office today and I'm in charge so I can check my phone more today!:)

How many we make depends on how many people sign-up. Say we get 10 people, and we all want all 40 of the titles listed above...We'd each sign-up for 4 titles and make 10 sets of each of those pages. If we got 8 people, we'd choose 5 titles and make 8 sets of each of those pages, etc.

If I can get an idea of interest before I actually open sign-ups, we will know how many each of us need to sign-up for to get the whole list.

:teacher:

Okay...So if we have "titles", say we have 10 people interested, each person would make 2 or 3 different sets of 10? (If we decide to do double page layouts, that would be 40 or 60 pages, single would be 20 or 30. Right?).

This is the whole list for MK from the second post, we obviously don't have to include ALL of them (for instance, the generic 'land' titles), and/or we can add others as people think of them. However, I would like to have a final list before we open sign-ups so people can sign-up for a specific title/ride.

Am I understanding this correctly? :lmao:

1. Fantasyland
  2. Dumbo
  3. Barnstormer
  4. It's a Small World
  5. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  6. Journey of the Little Mermaid
  7. Mad Tea Party
  8. Mickey's PhilharMagic
  9. Peter Pan's Flight
  10. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  11. Snow White's Scary Adventure
  12. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  13. Adventureland
  14. Enchanted Tiki Room
  15. Jungle Cruise
  16. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  17. Pirates of the Caribbean
  18. Swiss Family Tree House
  19. Frontierland
  20. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  21. Splash Mountain
  22. Country Bear Jamboree
  23. Tom Sawyer Island
  24. Liberty Square
  25. Haunted Mansion
  26. Hall of Presidents
  27. Liberty Belle Riverboat
  28. Main Street USA
  29. Dapper Dans
  30. Railroad
  31. In front of the Castle
  32. Tomorrowland
  33. Astro Orbiter
  34. Buzz Lightyear
  35. Stitch's Great Escape
  36. Carousel of Progress
  37. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  38. Space Mountain
  39. Tomorrowland Speedway
  40. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Now, how does everyone feel about colors? Do we want to stick to the red, white, black, and yellow? Or, do we want to include the colors in the rides? I'm leaning toward ride colors, myself, but am open to feedback.

And, what about characters? Should we do a separate group for characters?

I would prefer keeping the colors open to the rides. I already have a black/red.yellow book and would prefer not doing another. I think we should have a separate group for characters since there are so many options for them. Guess I know which swaps I will be doing for the next year. :woohoo:

If this isn't due til Feb.. I may go ahead and participate.. but won't start til after the holidays....

You have me intrigued Jennifer...

Ok.. count me in... .

Okay...So, I know there are specific characters in specific costumes. Frontierland has a special Donald, etc. Does anyone know of a list I could consult?!

If this isn't due til Feb.. I may go ahead and participate.. but won't start til after the holidays....

You have me intrigued Jennifer...

Ok.. count me in... .

Muwahahahahhahahahahaha...I'm thinking a HARD due date of 2/15. February vacation is the following week, so I'd be set to photograph, sort, mail, etc.

Okay...So, I know there are specific characters in specific costumes. Frontierland has a special Donald, etc. Does anyone know of a list I could consult?!

LOL!!! You are going to get me in trouble!!!
I don't know if there is a list or not! Hmmmm!!!

Hard due date is good.. I can definitely have it done by 2/15.. I'd actually put my deadline at 2/1... but thats because we are in basketball season..but I have so much to do...

double pages right???? You picking sketches or us?? Now, I'm really going to make your head spin.... you will need cookies!!

I think we should stick with ones you can see out in the park, as opposed to character meals? Any preference? We do the Princess breakfast every trip (it's a tradition), and have done Crystal Palace, but I don't want to limit anyone.

Are you going to add them to this swap or put them in a separate swap??

I would suggest maybe the out in the park group.. as some don't eat at character meals.. I have 2-3 picky eaters depending on the day so we don't always do character meals. JMO..

LOL!!! You are going to get me in trouble!!!
I don't know if there is a list or not! Hmmmm!!!

Hard due date is good.. I can definitely have it done by 2/15.. I'd actually put my deadline at 2/1... but thats because we are in basketball season..but I have so much to do...

double pages right???? You picking sketches or us?? Now, I'm really going to make your head spin.... you will need cookies!!

I think I'm leaning toward double pages. If everyone is up for it, it's fine with me.

As for sketches. I'm easy as long as they meet the requirements of a title, a spot for journaling, and at least two spots for 4x6 photos. Which should not be a problem for double pages. It may be a good idea to make your none title page so that it can be turned. Some people may use more horizontal than vertical and vice versa.

I'm sure between the group of us, we can come up with a list of characters.

Are you going to add them to this swap or put them in a separate swap??

I would suggest maybe the out in the park group.. as some don't eat at character meals.. I have 2-3 picky eaters depending on the day so we don't always do character meals. JMO..

I'm fine either having them part of this one or separate. I think that it makes sense to do them by park as well though, don't you?

I'm fine either having them part of this one or separate. I think that it makes sense to do them by park as well though, don't you?

Yes, you are right.. I just saw a ton of characters out and about and was going... OH MY WORD! :faint:

Double pages spreads are right.. that would be alright.. sorry!
So, work with me.. blonde.. we are picking a ride..but not putting the title on..but you should know by embellishments what it works for? (trying to juggle a few activities at once and the cell phone is screaming w/ constant texts.. does my family go to work/school just so they can text and annoy me during the day?)

Jennifer, this sounds good. :banana:

I will be happy to pull together some sketches (just for ideas for everyone, not as a requirement) if you would like. Or, I would be willing to try to put together a character list. This sounds like a whole lot of work to be put just on your shoulders. If you need help on anything else just give me a shout, or text or whatever. Let me know how I can help. :)

Yes, you are right.. I just saw a ton of characters out and about and was going... OH MY WORD! :faint:

Double pages spreads are right.. that would be alright.. sorry!
So, work with me.. blonde.. we are picking a ride..but not putting the title on..but you should know by embellishments what it works for? (trying to juggle a few activities at once and the cell phone is screaming w/ constant texts.. does my family go to work/school just so they can text and annoy me during the day?)

Re-read your post.. gotcha... the page w/o a title can be flipped!

You would have one page with a title (the title of the ride), and one page without that is 'turnable' if needed. Does that sounds like it would work?

Jennifer, this sounds good. :banana:

I will be happy to pull together some sketches (just for ideas for everyone, not as a requirement) if you would like. Or, I would be willing to try to put together a character list. This sounds like a whole lot of work to be put just on your shoulders. If you need help on anything else just give me a shout, or text or whatever. Let me know how I can help. :)

You're a rock star...What'd you like to do?

Danielle, here are a few off the top of my head:

Characters that I can think of out in the park:

Fantasyland:
Tigger
Pooh

Adventureland:
Swiss Family (I saw them a few years ago, but not this last trip)
Jasmine/Aladdin
Jack Sparrow

Frontierland:
Donald
Woody/Jessie ?? are they still doing their roundup? It was awesome in 2010.
Briar Rabbit??

Tomorrowland:
Buzz
Stitch
Dance Party

New Toontown (sorry name escapes me)

Jennifer: yes, I was reading too quickly..sounds perfectly do-able..
Ok, off to cut my word book to see if it works... and finish my last load of :laundy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter