Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am new to this type of swap and seem to having trouble figuring out what we actually are doing? LOL I feel like such a dope .. is this like a mini kit – title, journal/photoboxes and elements? Are we sending it actually on background paper? Oh boy.. sorry.. 

Danielle, here are a few off the top of my head:

Characters that I can think of out in the park:

Fantasyland:
Tigger
Pooh

Adventureland:
Swiss Family (I saw them a few years ago, but not this last trip)
Jasmine/Aladdin
Jack Sparrow

Frontierland:
Donald
Woody/Jessie ?? are they still doing their roundup? It was awesome in 2010.
Briar Rabbit??

Tomorrowland:
Buzz
Stitch
Dance Party

New Toontown (sorry name escapes me)

Jennifer: yes, I was reading too quickly..sounds perfectly do-able..
Ok, off to cut my word book to see if it works... and finish my last load of :laundy:

Wow, Nan, you are fast. :rotfl2:

I'm in a Disney mode because I need to scrap that 2010 trip..and was just looking at photos.. LOL

Ok, really I'm leaving for a while... I'm almost done with my list...

Ok I am new to this type of swap and seem to having trouble figuring out what we actually are doing? LOL I feel like such a dope .. is this like a mini kit – title, journal/photoboxes and elements? Are we sending it actually on background paper? Oh boy.. sorry.. 

These will be two-page scrapbook layouts for a specific character or ride. We will sign up for the character/rides we want to do and do (x) number of sets - depending on how many participants we have. Then, everyone will get a full set (one of each layout) back. It will make it super easy to put a book together for those of us who are behind in our scrapping. ;) Just add your own pics and viola.....finished.

Danielle, kennythepirate.com has a great list of characters by park.

I am in for whatever you all come up with, love the idea of quarterly by park and ride colors!

Thanks for answering, Danielle.

This is the list I've come up with (thinking of what I saw out and about last year)...Is Cinderella in the Theater as well?

Fab Six
Mickey
Minnie
Pluto
Goofy
Donald
Daisy (I've never ever seen Daisy)

Magician Mickey & Minnie

Princesses
Ariel
Snow White
Belle
Jasmine and Aladdin
Aurora
Tiana

Others
Chip & Dale (regular)
Chip & Dale (Space)
Pinocchio & Gepetto
Mary Poppins
Peter Pan
Frontierland Donald
Stitch (Space)

Toy Story
Woody
Buzz
Jessie

Fairies
Tinker Bell
Fawn
Silvermist
Rosetta
Iridessa

Danielle, here are a few off the top of my head:

Characters that I can think of out in the park:

Fantasyland:
Tigger
Pooh

Adventureland:
Swiss Family (I saw them a few years ago, but not this last trip)
Jasmine/Aladdin
Jack Sparrow

Frontierland:
Donald
Woody/Jessie ?? are they still doing their roundup? It was awesome in 2010.
Briar Rabbit??

Tomorrowland:
Buzz
Stitch
Dance Party

New Toontown (sorry name escapes me)

Jennifer: yes, I was reading too quickly..sounds perfectly do-able..
Ok, off to cut my word book to see if it works... and finish my last load of :laundy:

I saw Peter Pan just outside the entrance to Adventureland (by the Crystal Palace) in May
Pinocchio was by City Hall in May
Chip & Dale were at the Dance party in Tomorrowland (along with Stitch and Buzz) in May
Yes Woody and Jessie were outside Frontierland in May

HTH.. Michelle

Ok. How about I come up with lists for each park for characters. I will work on it tonight while all of the guys are at the football game and try to post sometime tomorrow. I think one character swap would be good, we could just specify Mexico Donald (you would do the whole page to reflect Donald with a Mexican theme, Frontierland Donald (you would do the whole page to reflect Donald with a frontier-type theme), traditional Donald (every-day donald)......or do you think we should break it down by park?

Then, if you decide closer to signups that you want layout examples I will try to pull those together for you. These will be designed specifically for 4X6 photos, right?

Ok. How about I come up with lists for each park for characters. I will work on it tonight while all of the guys are at the football game and try to post sometime tomorrow. I think one character swap would be good, we could just specify Mexico Donald (you would do the whole page to reflect Donald with a Mexican theme, Frontierland Donald (you would do the whole page to reflect Donald with a frontier-type theme), traditional Donald (every-day donald)......or do you think we should break it down by park?

Then, if you decide closer to signups that you want layout examples I will try to pull those together for you. These will be designed specifically for 4X6 photos, right?

Awesome! Feel free to email them to me, I'll be home pretty much all weekend :)

Shall we look at the list and then decide if we want to break down by park? It may make sense to make it a completely different swap if we keep them all together, because that could be massive! I think one-page layouts would be more appropriate for characters though, don't you? I don't take THAT many pictures (cuz I'm always behind the camera, I usually only get Miss M).

I think we should stick with 4x6 sketches.

Feb 15 works for me. That would give me about a month after swapping out Epcot. If I have my pages sketched and materials purchased, a month should be plenty of time.

I think I'm gonna have to walk away from my desk to inhale all the information. Lol. Good thing I'm not horribly busy.

Awesome! Feel free to email them to me, I'll be home pretty much all weekend :)

Shall we look at the list and then decide if we want to break down by park? It may make sense to make it a completely different swap if we keep them all together, because that could be massive! I think one-page layouts would be more appropriate for characters though, don't you? I don't take THAT many pictures (cuz I'm always behind the camera, I usually only get Miss M).

I think we should stick with 4x6 sketches.

Yep, one page layouts would work because there are a ton of characters. I will get crackin on the lists as soon as I leave work. I hafta get something done here today and christmas shopping and character lists don't count. :worried:

Yep, one page layouts would work because there are a ton of characters. I will get crackin on the lists as soon as I leave work. I hafta get something done here today and christmas shopping and character lists don't count. :worried:

They don't? Crud, I guess I better get to work too :rotfl2:

I think I'm gonna have to walk away from my desk to inhale all the information. Lol. Good thing I'm not horribly busy.

It really won't be all that bad once we get the details ironed out. It's just the organizing and deciding that seems horribly confusing.

It will be all worth it when the box arrives on your doorstep with 40 premade layouts all ready to be filled with pictures and put in a book. :thumbsup2

Ok, I really am signing off now. Be back later tonight or tomorrow!

Definitely agree 1 page LOs for the characters... I usually do my 3 kids together and take a few shots... I hate to do my 3 individual when there are so many younger ones that need to have their time and it's hot! ;)

OK, who votes I've done enough "work" today? All of you.....well, I think I'll call it a day early.

Here's the list so far:
Magic Kingdom:
Mickey
Magician Mickey
Minnie
Magician Minnie
Pluto
Donald
Frontierland Donald
Goofy
Great Goofini
Daisy
Donald
Astounding Donaldo
Ariel
Snow White
Belle
Jasmine & Aladdin
Jack Sparrow
Aurora
Rapunzel
Tiana & Naveen
Chip & Dale
Chip & Dale Space
Pinocchio & Gepetto
Jiminy Cricket
Mary Poppins (black coat)
Space Stitch
Captain Hook & Smee
Peter Pan
Wendy
Woody
Buzz
Jessie
Tinker Bell
Fawn
Silvermist
Rosetta
Iridessa
Tigger
Pooh
Piglet
Eeyore
Gaston
White Rabbit
Alice
Tweedle Dee & Dum
Mad Hatter
Fairy Godmother
Cinderella
Queen of Hearts

Hollywood Studios
Incredibles
Phineas & Ferb
Mike
Sulley
Sorcerer Mickey
Woody & Buzz
Green Army Men

Epcot
Fab 5 @ Character spot (These are a duplicate?)
Aladdin & Jasmine @ Morocco
Mary Poppins (White lace & red dress) @ UK
Belle & Beast @ France
Alice @ UK
Snow White @ Germany
Mulan @ China
Donald Duck @ Mexico
Duffy
Marie the Cat @ France

Animal Kingdom
Rafiki
Baloo
King Louie
Chip & Dale
Pocahontas
Safari Mickey
Safari Minnie
Safari Pluto
Safari Donald
Safari Goofy
Safari Daisy
Pooh
Tigger
Piglet
Eeyore
Lilo
Stitch
Flick

That's 85 just in that list and I'm sure I'm missing some. Some of these are repetitions though. Pooh & friends are listed under MK and AK. I don't think we need them both places as they aren't really in a different costume. Some of the princesses are listed in Epcot and Magic Kingdom and again, they look the same. And, if the princess is seen with her prince I don't think we should do 2 separate pages. Ariel and Eric would be just one page, Belle & Beast one page, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter