• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sneaking alcohol into MK

I didn't read every single post in this thread but got the general idea.

My 2 cents: If you feel you must have a drug (legal or otherwise) with you, directly on your person, that affects your mind and body, and will go to lengths to sneak it in even after being warned and encouraged not to...you might have a problem.

People mention eating junk food, except it's not either illegal or against the rules to sneak it in or to consume it. And, even if it's "junk", it's still food, required for survival. Alcohol isn't.

For anyone questioning if you can bring a flask into Epcot at least which I'm sure it's still not allowed but correct me if I'm wrong that it's not allowed, we left about an hour or so ago today about 1pm at the international gate and walking towards us was a guy with a flask out took a swig of his pretty decent sized flask and passed it to his girlfriend/wife...so he JUST went through security...lol.

Oh and he didn't seem to be hiding it...does that make him not an alcoholic lol. (that wasnt meant to be answered. I read this thread at home before I left)

For anyone questioning if you can bring a flask into Epcot at least which I'm sure it's still not allowed but correct me if I'm wrong that it's not allowed, we left about an hour or so ago today about 1pm at the international gate and walking towards us was a guy with a flask out took a swig of his pretty decent sized flask and passed it to his girlfriend/wife...so he JUST went through security...lol.

Too funny... last time I went through International Gateway, I was stopped from bringing my drink OUT of the park.

Too funny... last time I went through International Gateway, I was stopped from bringing my drink OUT of the park.

Yeah, they'll do that at California Adventure, too. They get downright nasty about it. Yeesh, all I was doing was exiting the park to go back to my room at the Grand Californian. I honestly had no idea you couldn't take a drink out of the park!
There's also some issue with ordering a bottle of wine in your room there if you're just one person. They insist on sending 4 glasses along with the bottle. I just planned on having one glass per night while sitting on the balcony overlooking Downtown Disney as I played 'spot the looney'!

Yeah, they'll do that at California Adventure, too. They get downright nasty about it. Yeesh, all I was doing was exiting the park to go back to my room at the Grand Californian. I honestly had no idea you couldn't take a drink out of the park!
There's also some issue with ordering a bottle of wine in your room there if you're just one person. They insist on sending 4 glasses along with the bottle. I just planned on having one glass per night while sitting on the balcony overlooking Downtown Disney as I played 'spot the looney'!

Nah, they were nice enough to me it the International Gateway. It's just a weird rule since the Gateway takes you out onto the Boardwalk, not out into the street somewhere. I mean, there's a brewery on the Boardwalk for crying out loud.

But... since I "follow the rules," I didn't leave with my beer. I sat on a bench nearby with my friend and we finished our beers -- me with my 6-year-old daughter, him with his 5-year-old daughter both looking on.

Clearly, we're both abusive parents.

Why in the WORLD would someone spend all of the time and money to get to WDW and then have to drink to enjoy it? Just enjoy the visit...

Yes, if the flask is found at the bag check it will be taken or he will be asked to leave. Cast members probably wouldn't make a big deal of it if seen as long as he isn't standing in the middle of Main Street USA guzzling whiskey in front of children. But if he gets plastered and acts drunk and disorderly, he would be asked to leave, if not turned over to police for public drunkenness.

Again, so not worth it. Assuming this person is not alcoholic, just enjoy a day in a family theme park with your senses sharp to fully enjoy it. Then if you need to drink to have a good time, there are lounges in the hotels and off property where adult behavior in the evening is more appropriate.

I mean, if what you really want is to drink heavily, you can stay home and do that, a lot cheaper, and not have to sneak it.

Hey, at least you had a clean glass for each night!! :thumbsup2 That's too funny!

Nah, they were nice enough to me it the International Gateway. It's just a weird rule since the Gateway takes you out onto the Boardwalk, not out into the street somewhere. I mean, there's a brewery on the Boardwalk for crying out loud.

But... since I "follow the rules," I didn't leave with my beer. I sat on a bench nearby with my friend and we finished our beers -- me with my 6-year-old daughter, him with his 5-year-old daughter both looking on.

Just so you know....I have Child Protective Services on speed-dial!! :cool2: But then again, you were teaching them a valuable lesson, there are poor starving alcoholics in Africa that can't afford that beer, so you shouldn't waste it!! :dance3:

He can probably find a flask that will fit in his pants or jacket pocket. Only bags are checked. :thumbsup2

Hey, at least you had a clean glass for each night!! :thumbsup2 That's too funny!

Considering what they charged for that bottle, I should've had a room service waitperson pouring it for me each night! lol
Note to self: the local convenience store isn't more than a 10 minute walk; it would be cheaper to make yourself walk your fat bottom over there!

Say, aren't you the 'Kahlua in the hot chocolate' person? Did you know they've come out with a marshmallow vodka???? Yummy!

Considering what they charged for that bottle, I should've had a room service waitperson pouring it for me each night! lol
Note to self: the local convenience store isn't more than a 10 minute walk; it would be cheaper to make yourself walk your fat bottom over there!

Say, aren't you the 'Kahlua in the hot chocolate' person? Did you know they've come out with a marshmallow vodka???? Yummy!

LOL...yay, from now on I'll be known as the "Kahlua in the hot chocolate person" :rotfl: You know, you may have just created the perfect drink...hot chocolate, kahlua, and a splash of marshmallow vodka. We can name it "Mama's Hot Chocolate" :thumbsup2 I wonder if they sell it in airline size?

Damn......so that's the key. In order to really "appreciate" the Disney magic, I need to have a little buzz going. Now it makes perfect sense! :)

LOL...yay, from now on I'll be known as the "Kahlua in the hot chocolate person" :rotfl: You know, you may have just created the perfect drink...hot chocolate, kahlua, and a splash of marshmallow vodka. We can name it "Mama's Hot Chocolate" :thumbsup2 I wonder if they sell it in airline size?

I like it: 'Mama's Hot Chocolate'! or, in my case 'Auntie's Hot Chocolate'. lol

Did you know that the Dole Whip Float in Adventureland mixed with rum or tequila makes a decent margarita? Just Stir and serve!

The CM's always look at me strangely when I ask for salt around the rim of the cup....

Maybe it's time for our own group - let's call it "Undercover Drinkist" ?

Maybe it's time for our own group - let's call it "Undercover Drinkist" ?

Hey, I was going to wear my LGMH with my screen name on it on our Dec trip...now I'm paranoid someone will recognize it and have me frisked. Guess I'll have to have my son hold it for me. But then again...being frisked isn't always a bad thing!! :banana::banana::banana:

Did you know that the Dole Whip Float in Adventureland mixed with rum or tequila makes a decent margarita? Just Stir and serve!

The CM's always look at me strangely when I ask for salt around the rim of the cup....

OT, but I like your Screen Name!!

P.S. But maybe you should have it changed to DVCHammered!! LOL

Somewhere, Tonka's head just exploded...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter