Something About Nothing............ #14

I bet she is going to surprise me and bring the bacon !

LUCKY!

So, this is the after picture.....just over 3 inches inches off and about 25lbs of the stuff she thinned!!

Looks great. You're hair must have been super long to get 3 inches taken off. Love the color.

Didn`t bother with making an online grocery order for this week as our cabinets and freezers are all full

I resemble that statement. Went crazy when I had a free month of unlimited grocery delivery. Still the boys can look in the fridge and pantry and say there isnt anything to eat.

Vicki, yeah, I am not fond of being sticky hot feeling

We have been lucky the past couple nights, the humidity has dissipated after the rain.

Taco Tuesday is here

We participated tonight. Chicken tacos courtesy of a Kroger rotisserie chicken and some fajita sauce.

Mac, I agree, Taco Bell needs to be eaten right away.

Spicy pork on kebab skewers for lunch and some home made potato salad.......Kyle just wants a turkey sandwich......simple

Oooh, I think you had the better lunch.

I got to work this morning to discover that she passed away yesterday. I’m sitting here trying not to cry.

Hugs.

Had a memory bear made for Mum and just had a call that my one for Dad is ready for collection.

What a wonderful idea. I have never heard of that.

Yep, retire as early as you can......we can both thoroughly recommend early retirement..........best job we ever had!

Jeff and I are so ready to just be home and piddle around the house together. I loved it when he was off in April due to Covid.

This whole politically influenced sporadic Thing, county by county isn’t working out, let alone in states where they have heads buried in sand

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to apply for a birth certificate as my parents never had one and we will need that new DL to fly. I usually do a good job of navigating the web to the right sites, but today got took. Thought I was on a government site applying online and it turns out it was a site that will apply for you. UGH! Need to learn to slow down. Usually google does a good job having the real sites listed at the top. Live and Learn.

I hate that, Vicki. Hope you get that certificate soon. Yeah, my state has been very slow to offer it, until this past Sumner. I will get one when I renew next year. My older one got his this past Fall. He didn’t want to carry his passport, for just traveling in Country.

Time for bed for me, night owls 🦉 time. May all get that most restful deep sleep, as a 🐫 will greet you when you wake up and read this thread.

Aww, hugs Charade, such sad news. Terrible to hear, and sympathy to her family and friends, and those who knew her.
Charade, hugs
It’s a bit of a shock when one of the patients you know pass.
Sad news Charade. Never nice to hear of anyone passing.
Aw, imo it does you a world of good to take the time for a good cry.
Thanks everyone. It was a rough morning. I had to open her file, add her death date, and then move her into the inactive files. Even though she hasn't been to counseling in several months, I didn't have the heart to remove her paper file from the file cabinet. I guess I will do that tomorrow. I am wondering how her little dog is doing. She had a Yorkie that went with her everywhere. The two were inseparable. She is probably very confused right now.

Had a memory bear made for Mum and just had a call that my one for Dad is ready for collection. So pleased with him. Dad was always a shirt and tie man and had a great collection of caps!
What a great idea. I have never seen one of those before.

Lynne, yes many can renew their DL during the closing of the DL stations but my email stated I have to do the written test before I can renew mine.

Plain crazy..
Does GA require a new written test after a certain number of years? The only time I have retaken a written test is when I changed states.

will be a Long day At the dermatologist for 6 month check Yippee-ki-yay
Hope it wasn't too long.

Trying to avoid spoilers but I do enjoy the wit of new MM cartoons. Still, they’ve got really big shoes to fill there
I haven't watched any of the new cartoons. To be honest, I never have been much of a MM fan.

Woot !

Taco Bell dine in reopened today.

It was growing old doing the drive thru pick the past 3.5 months.
Impossible to reheat the food once we we got it home.
Eww, not good reheated at all. Thankfully we live just a few minutes from a Taco Bell.

The local govt just put out press release stating they are updating/modifying my county’s CV restrictions tomorrow
The restrictions vary by county? That must get very confusing.

Have to apply for a birth certificate as my parents never had one and we will need that new DL to fly.
I almost had to send off for mine. I tore my house apart looking for my birth certificate. I am so glad I got my new license back in February.

I think it is time to get some sleep.

Good night everyone.

Don’t feel like cooking, going to steal one of Keisha's pots. LoL. House must smell good with all that is cooking away. Good luck with the derm appointment tomorrow.

Ooh, Mac gets to eat her tacos warm! Yay, Mac. Ours are open too, but not sure I am ready for eating in yet.

Schumi, yes I want to retire in enough time to enjoy life for quite awhile. And a hehe, my DH knows me well. When we were discussing retirement, he said yeah, we will be at Discovery Cove, in a cabana. Yeah, hoping to travel quite a bit, like my two retired brothers have been doing.

We`ve always been lucky with the business Tom was in, he only had to be physically present at work 6 months of the year, plenty of time off, obviously paid too. Most of the time I was a happy housewife so was also free to do as I wished. A couple of times I thought I wanted to do a little part times job to pass some time, I soon gave it up as I prefer to be home. So, we could and did wander round mainland Europe a lot as it`s so close....we saw everywhere we wanted to see and at our leisure. You`ll have a blast when you both retire....it really has been wonderful.

The local govt just put out press release stating they are updating/modifying my county’s CV restrictions tomorrow

um are we trying to build suspense here? Ridiculous

One adjoining county where GDs family resides just announced on Thursday they will stop all interior dining for 2 weeks.

This whole politically influenced sporadic Thing, county by county isn’t working out, let alone in states where they have heads buried in sand

Thanks to my geographic location and handy highway system, I can be in at least 5 other counties within30 minutes’ drive. They have to implement a regional approach in each state or we r going to keep bouncing around, in & out of restrictions

deep cleansing breaths lol

It`s worrying when you think these are the people in charge of making the rules for us......yes, think there`s been a lot of deep breaths around!!

LUCKY!

Looks great. You're hair must have been super long to get 3 inches taken off. Love the color.

I resemble that statement. Went crazy when I had a free month of unlimited grocery delivery. Still the boys can look in the fridge and pantry and say there isnt anything to eat.

We have been lucky the past couple nights, the humidity has dissipated after the rain.

We participated tonight. Chicken tacos courtesy of a Kroger rotisserie chicken and some fajita sauce.

Mac, I agree, Taco Bell needs to be eaten right away.

Oooh, I think you had the better lunch.

Hugs.

What a wonderful idea. I have never heard of that.

Jeff and I are so ready to just be home and piddle around the house together. I loved it when he was off in April due to Covid.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to apply for a birth certificate as my parents never had one and we will need that new DL to fly. I usually do a good job of navigating the web to the right sites, but today got took. Thought I was on a government site applying online and it turns out it was a site that will apply for you. UGH! Need to learn to slow down. Usually google does a good job having the real sites listed at the top. Live and Learn.

Thanks I do like it.....and yes it was incredibly long!! My hair has never been as long as it was recently.

Yes, most of my friends have loved their husbands being home more.......well......except one.....lol....there`s always one....and knowing her husband we can all understand.....he`s sweet really!

Glad you have lost the humidity......hope you have some lovely weather coming up.....

Think it is about that time for the night shift to check in.

Leaving the porch light on for them.

Morning shift is here.....albeit a little later this morning.......the sun was so bright this morning and we had the drapes pulled back and as the blinds aren`t blackout like the drapes, we were awake very early!!! But, we wanted plenty of air in the room as it has gotten warm again.......

Hope you have a good sleep.........

Yep, got up early and got my small laundry that needed doing out on the line. Got Tom up too as I thought I`d get our bedding done as it`s so lovely outside.

I was so early the foxes were still roaming around.....we don`t see them often but, they aren`t vicious so I`m not wary of them. I don`t go near them though. Years ago we had a tame one who would take food directly from our hand, so gently. But, this family don`t come near.

Heading out a walk this morning along the beach, and will grill for lunch and dinner if it stays like this......I have more pork kebabs for lunch and dinner will just be a mix of whatever......

It`s nice to see the sun again........

cv3030-X2.jpg

cv3027-L.png

cv3076-M.png

cv3084-S.jpg

Have a fabulous Wednesday........ 😁

Ah, yes, morning shift here too, though for Schumi, the morning is just about over. For me, just about an hour after early morning sunrise. Sunny one here too. And not as hot today, so a nicer feeling day, with that yep, you lose rain chances again.

Aww, Charade, I hope that dog is taken in by her family. Yeah, pets are so loved. And I am sure when she was not feeling well, the dog was a comfort for her. Cute breed.

Yeah, Schumi, I hope we enjoy life for many a year when we both retire. I had to get used to him home all the time, when he retired from the military. After a few years of a guy on the go for so long, he became unhappy puttering around the house, I begged him to get another job. And he finally did, three years ago. Both of us home working is a change, but having him home before now, I am over the oddness of him around much more. And it’s nice to have a full house, even though it’s a change in routine for all of us.

With that, why hello camel:

F15F920C-F361-473A-A2F0-4FE2DDE48C2F.jpeg

Looking Australian, huh. Well, homies, here’s your reminder. Yep, get over this hump of a day Wednesday, and yay, the weekend draws closer.

And, this routine has not changed for decades, my morning tea cup filled with tea, is in my hand. So enjoy a cup of tea to start the day. And made waffles last night. So, no ice cream for breakfast. Er, why yes, common to see waffles and ice cream. Hmmm. Or with syrup, and some fruit. No chicken left, so not that common chicken and waffles meal either. Well, off to toast it warm again.

Welcome to Wednesday homies!

Nice camel !

We ended up taking a pass for Taco Bell yesterday
I’ll hit it another day this week if it is empty inside.

Lynne how long will you be working from home?

Do many of you stay home or have some of you gone out shopping for pleasure to pass the time?

Hi all,
I'm behind in catching up again! I'm sorry to Realfoodfans and Charade on your losses.

It's pouring rain here right now. A big thunderstorm has rolled in. I need to get some yard work done but on top of the rain, I pulled something in my back on Sunday night.

Our favorite Chinese restaurant opened for take out and we got some last night. Hubby had to stand in line for a half hour to just get into the restaurant to pick up. They let two people in at a time and everything is blocked off with plastic sheeting except for a small opening by the cash register. As much as I like to cook, it was nice to get take out too.

Not much else going on here. I'll check in later homies!

Hello all. Had to shoot off this morning as Dad’s house has gone online and 3 viewings booked in so I felt we should go over and tidy the garden a bit more. It’s huge so quite a challenge. Noticed some fence panels rotting behind the hedges so ordered some replacements for delivery. Came back and hubs did some gardening at my daughter’s (where we are currently living) and I made Spaghetti Bolognese (another nursery meal) ready for everyone coming home. Early meal as the grandchildren starving so all done, dishwasher on and feet up with the tv. @schumigirl weather down south so much better than ours on the edge of the Peak District (National Park) it’s raining solidly

Government have announced a scheme here to encourage people to eat out. August Monday to Wednesday half price meals and restaurants can claim the rest back from them. Not sure how useful it will be for all these businesses struggling. We’ve not thought about eating out yet.

Stay safe everyone.

Ack. McK, you are the rain looser! Here, sun has been out all morning, and still is. Glad you enjoyed Chinese take out. Yeah, there are days, take out is just the right meal. No need to heat up the kitchen.

Mac, only a few in my office came back to work starting on Monday. Still have not heard when more are required, including me. My DH said he thinks end of August for him. Since we both work in the City, I think a lot depends on whether the City is ready for both our workforces coming into the City to work. Telling, the trains into the City are still not on a regular schedule, and DH gets a monthly rail pass from work, at the end of every month, and he did not get his July pass, so at the end of this month, we will see if he gets an August one or not. I am thinking they start back the beginning of September, and he gets a September pass. Also telling, is the City schools are planning to have kids go to school this Fall. We usually start the school year on the day after Labor Day, so I am highly thinking we will be going back in, when the City school kids do. Both my college kids start end of August, both online. Little one’s campus will be open until Thanksgiving, but I see no reason for her to go there much, given she has all online classes. Maybe to visit with friends, on a weekend.

Aww, older one does cook, and once again, made grilled cheese sandwiches for all, but little one. She had soup. Does not like most sandwiches, including a grilled one.

Oh and Real, cooking great sounding food, and hope your home sale goes fast, and you get more than asking, from a nice family. You are busy. While nice to see a discount for dining out, I think I will be very careful about eating inside anywhere even in August. Have seen some offering a discount, not as high, from several restaurants. Have not been in any of them so far, since the shutdown. I guess we will continue to drive through or take out, unless we try one of our Taco Bells, that i know, has outside seating. And like Mac, hoping to go when not many customers are also eating there.

RFF......we`ve had two barbecues today where Tom grilled outside........yep, lunch and dinner.....not warm enough to sit out tonight for dinner as it has got a little cloudy, but at least it`s still dry. It`s nice when we can grill out so often, so we take advantage when we can......now feeling very full......I hope your weather improves soon.

Yes, I saw the Government`s August 50% offers. That in itself won`t encourage me to eat out just because of the discount, I`m happy to pay full price if we do choose to go somewhere. We`ll go out to places we feel are doing their utmost to be careful. I`m sure some places will be better than others. Our village has a Micro pub....not sure how it`ll manage to reopen....it holds such few people at the best of times, but they were starting to look as if they were opening soon when we passed today.

Yes, Tom grilled today....no cooking for me for a change! Although I did do everything else......lol. We had bbq flavour pork steaks, chicken kebabs and mini pork sausages. Store bought potato salad as the local deli had some freshly made this morning, beautiful. I made Tom and I small individual vanilla cheesecakes for dessert, Kyle wanted plain old chocolate ice cream, I had made some earlier so he was happy. We all wanted something sweet tonight.

Now some tv and a pot of tea.

Ooh, Schumi always has me at tea. LoL.

Yes, it is so nice when others want to grill, and no cooking for you. I buy salads from the store sometimes, as it is always good, and I don’t need to make it every time. Sometimes, sweet after the meal is nice. Me, tea or coffee after a big meal.

Odd day today. I went to Walmart on my lunch hour. I went there yesterday to get B some shampoo and conditioner. When I got hone I discovered that I had bought 2 bottles of conditioner. Rather than return one, I just got 2 bottles of shampoo today. She will need it with all that hair. I also picked up a pack of face masks yesterday. They are washable and reusable, but cheap enough that I won't care if one gets lost or too dirty. It said one size fits most. I tried one on last night and it was too big. B said they fit her fine. I never thought of myself as having a small face. Today I bought some child sized masks and they fit. I guess I have the face of a 4-12 year old.

At work I texted one of the therapists about a new client. I got this response:
👿

Seemed like an odd response. Then she called me and was laughing because her 8 month old son and grabbed her phone and accidentally sent that emoji.

Do many of you stay home or have some of you gone out shopping for pleasure to pass the time?
I've been out shopping a few times, but only when there was something I wanted to get. I have never been much on window shopping.

Our favorite Chinese restaurant opened for take out and we got some last night. Hubby had to stand in line for a half hour to just get into the restaurant to pick up. They let two people in at a time and everything is blocked off with plastic sheeting except for a small opening by the cash register. As much as I like to cook, it was nice to get take out too.
I had a wait like that the first time I went to get Chinese takeout. I need to call and see if their dining room is open. It's just a bit too far for takeout. The food is no longer hot by the time I get home.

Had to shoot off this morning as Dad’s house has gone online and 3 viewings booked
Good luck with the sale.

Government have announced a scheme here to encourage people to eat out. August Monday to Wednesday half price meals and restaurants can claim the rest back from them. Not sure how useful it will be for all these businesses struggling. We’ve not thought about eating out yet.
We have been doing takeout since the beginning and have eaten inside several restaurants since the dining rooms have started opening again. Yes, we are those people.

I am trying to decide if I want to work more on my puzzle. We have put over 20 hours into this puzzle so far.

@Charade67 is it a jigsaw puzzle you’re working on? I’ve done a few during lockdown but this last one is really testing my patience!

@macraven I’m definitely not a shopper. We’ve been very lucky to get home grocery deliveries most weeks or a click and collect. Butchers for meat. Most other things have come through parcel delivery - from Wahl hair trimmers to lollipop sticks!

@Lynne G we haven’t eaten out or planned to yet but it’s hubs birthday in 2 weeks so we’re thinking of going to one of our favourite pubs as we know they will be very organised and there’s plenty of space.

Hairdressers tomorrow but first more sorting at mother in laws.

Ack. McK, you are the rain looser! Here, sun has been out all morning, and still is. Glad you enjoyed Chinese take out. Yeah, there are days, take out is just the right meal. No need to heat up the kitchen.
Thankfully it cleared up by 2 pm and the sun is out. You didn't get any? It looked like it was headed south.

Homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I froze some leftover pizza dough two months ago when I made a lot so it was super easy to thaw and go. I didn't want to heat the pizza stone or put it on the grill so we made them in the air fryer. It actually turned out really good for the first time! The tomatoes in my garden are still green, so I used canned tomatoes for the sauce, fresh garlic, fresh parsley from the garden and topped the finished pizzas with fresh basil from the garden. I'm happy it turned out well and we'll do it again. Heating the pizza stone really is for colder weather since it needs to heat for a long time.

DD has been making agua fresca for us with frozen watermelon (I tend to freeze a lot of leftovers, as you can tell! LOL!) seltzer, berries if we have them, lime and mint from the garden. My weekend project will be how to add alcohol to them....I'm thinking vodka of some sort. I'm drinking one now, minus alcohol and heading out on the deck to soak up some sun.

@Charade67 is it a jigsaw puzzle you’re working on? I’ve done a few during lockdown but this last one is really testing my patience!
Yes, a jigsaw puzzle. We have done several, but this one has been the most difficult. I have already decided that once finished it will get glued and framed.

Nope, McK, rain stayed North of us. Saw on my radar, you got some dark green and yellow. Lots of rain you had. Seemed to stay North and go across into NY quick.

Dinner? Hmm, maybe they will want pizza or ooh Chinese. Hmm. Just cleaned the kitchen up, and I am sweating. Wow, morning crawled, but afternoon went quick. Surprised no calls for dinner.

We have spent 25 hours working on a puzzle and are about halfway through. My new goal
Is to get it finished before the end of the month. Dh has almost given up on it and I think B is done. I must persevere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter