Something About Nothing.......part 2 (please join us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo-hoo, I had no idea if I did the March Madness fantasy league right, but I see that Alison was able to join, so I must've done it right! Bonus!

BTW, there are absolutely no hard feelings if no one else wants to play along, and I promise to not to make March Madness my sole point of posting. :goodvibes It'll be easy once the teams are bracketed and you can just pick based on the brackets.

March Madness holds a fondness for me since Villanova won in 1985 .. I picked them in the beginning of the tournament and EVERYONE told me I was SOOOO wrong, and took such pleasure in telling me so. Was that not THE game when they beat Patrick Ewing/John Thompson and the rest of the Georgetown crew? That was a big night in our house![

1986 as also a good year in our house when the Mets won the World Series; see, I'm not a fair weather fan! I also had a huge crush on Lenny Dykstra .... :rolleyes1

i am not into any college sports.
i love the pro stuff though.

you can pick a team for me jodie in your college group
i have no idea who to chose from.

hey, did you say the mets?

i'm not as fond of them as you are.

Okay, VERY minimal catching up here since my thumb is now in a splint. :mad: Yeah, the snowboarding didn't go as well today. Well, actually, it went fine, but getting off the lift once DH lost his balance and decided to use me as a leverage point. Probably would have worked better had I not been on a snowboard and if he didn't outweigh me by 70 pounds. End result was me getting slammed into the ground and jamming my thumb pretty bad. At least it's my left hand! :confused3 Anyways, the nail is all nicely purple and it hurts to move, so I'll try to keep my post short! ;) (How's my excuse?)

Ouch Marcie! I hope it gets better quick! Royce needs to quit "using" you like that! Shame on him....

So what you're saying is there's hope that my DS and his girlfriend, who've been together since 9th grade, could be together forever? :eek: He thinks so, but I guess I'm trying to be the realistic one!

Yeah, it could happen.....but please see to it that your DS finishes college! My DH did, but I didn't......His parents helped out on his part, but mine didn't....

Okay, I'll jump in with mine. DH and I met, yes, at a Boy Scout Camporee. We were both in college and both working on the waterfront committee (canoeing, not swimming, since it was like 45 degrees)! Met him on a Saturday and decided by Tuesday that I was going to marry him.

We did it a bit backwards than the rest of the world, thanks to the Army. You always hear about people living together for awhile before they're married, to see if it will work. Instead, we were married for nearly a year before we got to live together! :rotfl: We had to get married in order for them to allow us to request to be stationed together, but then had to go through various training in different parts of the world. Just a tad bit different!

Awww...Love at first sight :love: It all worked out for you...You two make a cute couple and you had cute kids too!

Well...I guess I'll hit the books for a while and then bed.

Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.
:thumbsup2

Woo-hoo, I had no idea if I did the March Madness fantasy league right, but I see that Alison was able to join, so I must've done it right! Bonus!

BTW, there are absolutely no hard feelings if no one else wants to play along, and I promise to not to make March Madness my sole point of posting. :goodvibes It'll be easy once the teams are bracketed and you can just pick based on the brackets.

March Madness holds a fondness for me since Villanova won in 1985 .. I picked them in the beginning of the tournament and EVERYONE told me I was SOOOO wrong, and took such pleasure in telling me so. Was that not THE game when they beat Patrick Ewing/John Thompson and the rest of the Georgetown crew? That was a big night in our house!

1986 was also a good year in our house when the Mets won the World Series; see, I'm not a fair weather fan! I also had a huge crush on Lenny Dykstra .... :rolleyes1

Yeah, I found ya! Who knows if I'll be able to do it again though.... I messed up at first though and put Arkansas Razorbacks where it says my name now...so I went back and changed it.

Hope you enjoyed the dinner as much as the company... :rolleyes1

Interesting thing about your 'education' and 'service' comment.... A friend of mine was laid off from her job and searching for a new one. At the time she had 20+ yrs. ON HAND EXPERIENCE at bookkeeping. She didn't get a lot of jobs because she didn't have a college degree :confused3 They would flat out ask her if she had degree....she'd say 'no' and they'd say 'sorry...you don't qualify'. :confused3 So, 20+ yrs ON HAND EXPERIENCE doesn't qualify you, but a 20something fresh outta college with NO experience does?? I don't get that..... long story short, said friend is now head bookkeeper and office mgr for orthapeadic office :teeth: However, I do think you should have your education AND service evaluated to determine your "value" (paycheck) ::yes::

I think it's just where I work. It really is a good ole boy network. I am not lying when I tell you that I'm the only female in my workgroup, and up my corporate chain. I work in operations which is pretty technical. Many got their experience with OJT. I did a combo of OJT and a Masters of Science in Telecommunications, which at UC Boulder is part of the School of Engineering. My company does give extra bonuses to the highest performers (and thank God for that), but that is only a recent trend. Most of the time, you got rewarded for being there the longest, and that sucked. When I tell you that the RIPs make more than me for sitting on their fat butts and doing as little as possible, I'm also not lying. I got one of the RIPs the other day when I was feeling tired of never seeing Christmas week off. He gave me the seniority BS line, and that someday when I had 35 years with the company I could get off Christmas week too. I told him that in management, seniority shouldn't count for anything. We should choose vacation based upon our performance ratings. That shut him up! :lmao:

what other places did you all meet your significant other??

so far we have,
church
bar
skool

I hate telling the "how we met" story. It sounds... I dunno... geeky or creepy or something.

Brad & I met on the internet.

DH and I had a date night last night. We went to Red Lobster for grilled fish, but the wait was waaay to long and we were very hungry. So, dh decides he wants to do some other things first (and no, that is not code) so we did some shopping for Easter. Got candy, Webkinz and some cool puzzle books from Barnes and Noble for the baskets. I wanted to add some hair toys (all girls with pretty long hair) and maybe a bit of jewelry. . . dh said "N. . . O. . "

So, now what do I add. I'm going to get a few "cool" candy items, but we don't want to fill the baskets with candy like we have in the past. New healthy lifestyle and all, ya know, so we aren't sure what to do. I think I might revisit the hair toys issue with dh. . .they aren't very expensive. . .and I understand the nix on the jewels. So, we thought about Nintendo DS games, but they are expensive when buying 3. I did pick up these beautiful little painted ceramic eggs because the girls like that kind of stuff. We can still get away with bubbles. . .they like that. . . and maybe some new sidewalk chalk. . .I think they still like that. What's everyone do??

You're a better wife than I. If my DH had given me a big N O, I would have bought every hair accessory in the store, then moved on to the jewelry dept. He knows the one sure way to get me to do something is tell me I can't. I'm bad. :rolleyes1

Sounds like you guys had a nice date night though. ::yes::

Penny, we hope to come up to Maine this summer, but alas, I am running out of vacation time between my birthday celebration, my folks' cruise, and HHN, and if I didn't take the whole week of Thanksgiving off ... my sorry butt would be stuck working. We are going to try, as long as I can scrounge up some comp time.

Ah, oh ... I'll take the NY Mets. gasp.

Where ya going on your cruise? I love crusin'.

Can't believe Easter is 2 weeks away too!! Too quickly coming!!:scared:

Thanks for the warning! I had no idea the Easter Bunny's visit was coming up that soon. :eek:

RATS will hit the field @ 3 pm today:cheer2:

I thought you were going to the game. :confused3

ps DS WON the competition, head to the district one on Saturday (no prizes yet, just braggin rights with his peeps) here's the link
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/default.asp?cookie_test=1&

He did good! :woohoo:

i read a lot............:rolleyes1

Likely excuse! :p

i almost bought my air 2 weeks ago for $215.
then it went up to $230 now it is at $275..........

that makes me sick.......

if i wait long enough, i should be able to buy my air at $400....:eek:

If you wait till Sept, you may get to pay $500. :cool1:

It is on NOW... just started. The race is in Atlanta. Brad & I had passes to go, but we couldn't work out babysitting... so the tv will have to do.

Bummer!

I hate telling the "how we met" story. It sounds... I dunno... geeky or creepy or something.

Not so geeky or creepy....you have friends in a box, ya know!

Yeah, I found ya! Who knows if I'll be able to do it again though.... I messed up at first though and put Arkansas Razorbacks where it says my name now...so I went back and changed it.

Oh, no, you could put any name you want! You can change it back to the Arkansas Razorbacks!

I'll put out a brief message when the brackets are ready to be filled out.

Mac, I'll pick for you. That'll be good because if I'm having a hard time deciding between 2 teams, I'll pick one for you and the other for me. :) Truth be told, I prefer pro ball as well. Steve Nash is on my list. You know ... THE List.

BTW, I got through dinner with 2 big drafts. I am feeling pretty good right now, as I came home to post and enjoy a third. I had to laugh at the bill; there were 6 of us, and it wasn't half of what Mike and I normally spend on just the 2 of us at dinner. I guess that's why people go to chains. And, yes, I was the only one drinking. I told you I had an evil sister. Mike thinks she's a tattle tale. You'd think she'd have my back, but she never does. I gave that runt a car when I grew out of my first car, but she's a little unappreciative brat. And, yes, that's reason 8,942 why Mike and I don't have children.

DM is a massuese, isn't he? I'd say I'd bring my tanning booth, but the darn thing is too heavy to move again!!! We nearly killed our 14 year-old.... We said that when we win the lottery and MOVE to Florida, we'll buy a new one and have it installed and LEAVE this one here at what will then be our vacation home.

You're keeping the house there for vacation? When we hit the lottery (optimistic person i am!) we will keep our house here and my GF will live in it. We won't charge her rent, but she'll have to pay the taxes and utilities...which is DIRT cheap.... (prolly not even $3500/yr to live here with that!)

I say we have a whole room of tanning beds, booths, high pressure...all of it!! Oh, and a little spot to do my workout ;) ...speaking of.... :headache:

Robotics part 2

Someone asked why James was wearing pink. His team color is pink. Stands out in a crowd.
James1.jpg

His girl "friend" is the one on the right. she's the one who painted the strips on his face. They were both sitting in front of me at one time, and she put the feathers on his head. I whipped the camera out and took the picture of him that I posted the other day!
n610636716_685661_1085.jpg

This is a really intriuging competition Sharon...how did they do? I think it's neat the teams have 'themes'....it looks like it's a lot of fun (and satisfying) for them.....

Okay, VERY minimal catching up here since my thumb is now in a splint. :mad:

Sorry to hear you're hurt....DH owes you BIG TIME!

Here pay is $16 a day if you just report and $32 a day if you actually serve on a jury. And my little guidebook says that lack of childcare is no excuse for anything. I don't think my kids are young enough to qualify anyways!

Lucky..I think we get like $9 or something like that? Amazing how lack of childcare is not an excuse? What if you RUN a daycare from home...and have clients? (different story i guess :confused3 )

To answer someone else's question earlier - I really don't care about serving or not. I'm not desperately trying to get out of it. But I DON'T want to make up the hours.

That was me....I get out of it every time! As far as your employer, you'll just have to work it out with him....good luck!

So what you're saying is there's hope that my DS and his girlfriend, who've been together since 9th grade, could be together forever? :eek: He thinks so, but I guess I'm trying to be the realistic one!

Maybe they should stay together...if they break up, the world will come to an end :eek: :sad2:

Major sidetrack for a never ending phone call.:sad2: Back to ketchuping....

Good girl! You got your priorities straight :thumbsup2

i use american or united.
non stop is the only way i fly.
northwest, delta, etc cost more out of ohare.

well, with the price of oil right now, i'm waiting for the summer weight oil to be started so the prices will drop at the pump for 24 hours.
then i will book my air as that will be the only time it will drop in the next month.

if the prices go up to $400 for me, so be it.
hate to pay that but nothing will stop me from UO and the vacay

Do you ever go out of Midway to catch Southwest?? Are they any cheaper? I know you live pretty close to O'Hare, but wasn't sure about Midway? We only fly nonstop too...after getting stuck in Ohio for several hours when our connecting flight was delayed, that was it...no more connections said DH (luckily, was pre-Bubba). When i step off the plane, I want to BE at my destination :thumbsup2

I know you'll pay whatever it takes to fly to FL for vacation....hopefully, it's not gonna be too much :wizard:

i opened a new thread, Something About Nothing #3.....

we won't be using it until we hit page 249 here.

where is penny on the bet placing odds for when that will happen?

Just to clarify: private bathroom & my waterbed.... :cool1:

so far we have,
church
bar
skool

OK, Mike and I met at work. He was married to someone else at the time, and I was living with someone else at the time we met. That is not as bad as it sounds. He was in my extended work group. We did not start dating until 15 months after we met. His divorce had been completely finalized for 5 months and my ex-boyfriend was packing up as I had kicked him out a month prior, but he was dragging his feet.

You're a better wife than I. If my DH had given me a big N O, I would have bought every hair accessory in the store, then moved on to the jewelry dept. He knows the one sure way to get me to do something is tell me I can't. I'm bad. :rolleyes1
::yes::

ME TOO!

Where ya going on your cruise? I love crusin'.

Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas, 8/31-9/7. I think it stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Coco Cay? Nothing exciting port-wise, but the ship should be fun. Wanna come?! :goodvibes

don't go a posting now on the new thread.....
i just know who is going to do that.
i can name 3 homies that will wander there before the joint is open.......:rolleyes1

didja guess right?

nope, its a fact.
i started college when i was 17

was older than first husband also.

i'm just a trend setter.......:laughing:

okay...you were in college, but what grade was dh in?? (and are we talkin about MR Mac?)...i'm sure he wasn't in elementary skool :eek:

I'm gonna play...if ya don't mind someone who has NO idea what she's doin! :rotfl2: I've registered, but didn't find the 'join' part...will have DH help me later (when he's not busy!)

I also had a huge crush on Lenny Dykstra .... :rolleyes1

14.gif
I remember him!! I can totally see the two of you hookin' up! :rolleyes1

so far we have,
church
bar
skool

dept. store I was workin' in at the time....DH was dating co-worker of mine and she introduced us....he fell ... and he fell hard :rolleyes1 ;)

Well...I guess I'll hit the books for a while and then bed.

Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.
:thumbsup2

Have good nite yourself....guess you'll have the bed to yourself tonite?

I think it's just where I work. It really is a good ole boy network. I am not lying when I tell you that I'm the only female in my workgroup, and up my corporate chain. I work in operations which is pretty technical. Many got their experience with OJT. I did a combo of OJT and a Masters of Science in Telecommunications, which at UC Boulder is part of the School of Engineering. My company does give extra bonuses to the highest performers (and thank God for that), but that is only a recent trend. Most of the time, you got rewarded for being there the longest, and that sucked. When I tell you that the RIPs make more than me for sitting on their fat butts and doing as little as possible, I'm also not lying. I got one of the RIPs the other day when I was feeling tired of never seeing Christmas week off. He gave me the seniority BS line, and that someday when I had 35 years with the company I could get off Christmas week too. I told him that in management, seniority shouldn't count for anything. We should choose vacation based upon our performance ratings. That shut him up! :lmao:

:lmao: Good for you.... It really isn't good for team spirit if the same people keep getting stuck working the crappy shifts....it's just not right. And when they say "when you're here 35 yrs...." tell them, "Look...I'm not stupid enuf to be here 35 years...so, it won't affect me!" ...watch the look on their face :rotfl:

So, Sharon, James's girlfriend is the one with the pink hair?

n610636716_685661_1085.jpg

They make a really cute couple! Any pics of them together?

I need to go get ready for the series finale of The Wire. I am sure no one else is watching that? If you're ever bored over the summer and sick of reruns, that is a series worth renting. :thumbsup2

My day of bookkeeping, with a little race watching thrown in, is done. I must take myself to bed now.

Buh-bye.

Or, as Daniel would say, "Seeyoulaterthankyoubye!"

What's wrong with that? :confused3

I would think THIS is worse:

Not so geeky or creepy....you have friends in a box, ya know!

:lmao: :lmao: Odd bunch we are.... :rotfl2:

I thought you were going to the game. :confused3

I thought Janet was goin to the game too :confused3

I told you I had an evil sister. I gave that runt a car when I grew out of my first car, but she's a little unappreciative brat. And, yes, that's reason 8,942 why Mike and I don't have children.

HEY! Me too.... :mad: I sacrificed my senior class trip to WDW to buy a car for skool.... My Dad died, Mom got Dad's car, I got Mom's, *itch got mine AND got to go on her class trip
15.gif

I'm gonna play...if ya don't mind someone who has NO idea what she's doin! :rotfl2: I've registered, but didn't find

It's really easy. You just create your name and whatever, and then select that you want to join an existing group. The groups are listed alphabetically, so you should be able to find the DIS SAN THREADERS team to join. It'll ask you for a pswd, which again is Univers@l

And, no, please. Although I love March Madness, I don't really follow college ball, so you can easily do better than me or anyone. I pick based on team colors. :lmao:

oh, janet asked about the bd cake. it was home made carrot cake.
yum.......
bd's for cake: 2/26, 3/7, 3/15, 6/29, 7/19 for the boys.
more cake coming up soon....woo hoo

Carrot cake sounds great right about now. Would you send a piece down this way please?

i never go away during that time of the year but it was the only dates i could this time. i had to work around my brother's schedule.
the brother that i like not the one in the states.

Where ya going? I have to be nosy, ya know. I don't get to go anywhere till summer. So, I have to live through you guys & your trips. :blush:

Or that I have Easter off for the first time in 9 years (but Mike is working).

That stinks!

I have an evil sister, but she's not a twin.

:rotfl2:

My DH is my best friend. I love him more every day! :love:

I'm feel the same way about my DH.

mine is only in my head.

i always married younger men.
i was in college when mr mac was graduating from grade skool......

You're hilarious! You crack me up! :rotfl:

Hi Mac and all-

I spoke too soon. Dad may or may not get out of hosp today.
My mom called earlier from his hosp. room. My dad has a bladder problem, he doesn't have the urge to urinate (or pee). So a couple of his docs want to check him out today sometime. Don't know if they are releasing him later today or tomorrow :confused3

Sorry to hear that. :( Hopefully, tomorrow. :hug:

My DH says both my sisters are evil.....he couldn't be married to either one of them!

I think that's normal. I don't have a BIL I could live with, & my DH couldn't live with any of my sisters. I'm sure they all feel the same way. It would be kind of creepy, if it were any other way. Don't ya think?

You're keeping the house there for vacation? When we hit the lottery (optimistic person i am!) we will keep our house here and my GF will live in it. We won't charge her rent, but she'll have to pay the taxes and utilities...which is DIRT cheap.... (prolly not even $3500/yr to live here with that!)
Well, yes...gotta have a place to stay when we come back to see the relatives....

I say we have a whole room of tanning beds, booths, high pressure...all of it!! Oh, and a little spot to do my workout ;) ...speaking of.... :headache:
Sounds great; as long as they are divided up in little rooms like a tanning salon...I'm sure that LOTS of us like to tan in the buff...

I think that's normal. I don't have a BIL I could live with, & my DH couldn't live with any of my sisters. I'm sure they all feel the same way. It would be kind of creepy, if it were any other way. Don't ya think?

Yeah, I suppose...but my sisters are really something else! They are both much higher maintenance than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter