Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

600/600.

I set a modest goal, thinking I would easily surpass my minutes. Instead, I struggled to fit the exercise in and some days, the effort wasn't put forth (ie, walking for 20 minutes, when I should be picking up the pace)

Thanks for this thread. It was my first month participating; definitely looking forward to next month!

@sophy1996 Thank you for hosting Star Wars September!
I appreciate your efforts to encourage and inform, it was a great month. The Force is strong in you.
:yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda:

:thanks::thanks:

Sooo close!

You'll make it today! :yay:

Thanks for this thread. It was my first month participating; definitely looking forward to next month!

Glad you found us! The October fall :rainbow: thread should be great too!

going to Disney so I'll probably gain 234235624 minutes! LOL

Nah, no walking involved at Disney, not at all.:P

Thank you everyone for your well wishes with my dog Amelia. We were out for 6 hours last night searching. My DH actually saw her but she's so scared, she ran from him. We know the area she's in and people are still calling us with sightings. I'm bringing our other dog Tempest with me for the search this afternoon. Tempest's not the most friendly dog (very protective Doberman) so this is only searching the wooded areas and not the populated ones. DH and DSIL will cover those areas. Hopefully today will be the day.

Anyway, I racked up 147 searching minutes.

2349/1750

I didn't think I was going to be able to squeeze in a walk yesterday, but I lucked out at work. One of the meetings I was supposed to cover was cancelled, and I ended up delivering copies all over the school - so I added 15 minutes, with stairs.

Home today, and determined to hit at least 80% of my goal (so I don't feel too bad for the month) - I did a free "On Demand" pilates routine (10 minutes) and 25 minutes on the mini-trampoline, which ends me at 505/600.

ETA: My handwritten total was off from my spreadsheet by an extra 10 minutes, so that total is:
465(last post)-10(correction)+15(yesterday)+35(today).

@2manypets, I soooo hope your dog comes back with you today!

@sophy1996, thanks for hosting September - the Star Wars trivia was really fun!

@kathleen27, looking forward to your Fantastic Fall theme!

See everyone over there!

Last edited:
Three more big color changes today!

:welcome: to Jedi Master Yoda WISH Green

CruisingKate :yoda:
galaxygirl76 :yoda:
pix13dust :yoda:

As of this evening, the team is just shy of 95% of goal! Let's give ourselves a big hand!:yay: I'm particularly pleased to note that one or more team members changed color every single day of September. :hippie:

I'll do a final update on Friday night, so anyone who still has September time to report, it's not too late.

-------

In a timely coincidence, today's mail delivered a new Costco Connection magazine with a Star Wars cover. I was planning to close out the month by talking about fans' anticipation of The Force Awakens, and here's a story about Lucasfilm looking toward the future!

According to the article, George Lucas hand-picked Kathleen Kennedy to become president of Lucasfilm when he retired. She has created a story team to maintain continuity across all the various properties in development, from games to books to TV shows to films to merchandise. She's also bringing in relatively young writers and directors to bring fresh blood into the saga. The article reports that there are 500 million Star Wars fans around the world and that Rotten Tomatoes says that 99% of fans are eagerly anticipating The Force Awakens. Let's hope the movie delivers!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter