• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spending money...

Yes I did and luckily I got a better postion in the company I work for that I didn't need the loan. I guess I was lucky cuz when husband's X milks us dry thats one bill I won't have to worry about.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Did you really type this? WOW! A little piece of advice, think before you speak (or type). This is the saddest thing I have ever seen on these boards.

Grammar is very important.

It's why "'Jack! Off the horse,' Grandma shouted", is different from "'Jack off the horse,' Grandma shouted."
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes I did and luckily I got a better postion in the company I work for that I didn't need the loan. I guess I was lucky cuz when husband's X milks us dry thats one bill I won't have to worry about.

Milks you dry??????????????

You mean when your husband's children get the money that he owes them.

Actually the State will be getting a large portion and they get their first. Hubby will have wages garnished.

Milks you dry? He probably owes her thousands in child support at this point. One bill YOU don't have to worry about? Does your DH work? You are paying for this vacation, you have to worry about his child support, you have to worry about possibly giving the girls money on the trip. What kind of loser did you marry?

Any man who does not support his children is way worse than a loser and this lucky lady can claim him as hers :dance3:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Milks you dry??????????????

Actually the State will be getting a large portion and they get their first. Hubby will have wages garnished.

Any man who does not support his children is way worse than a loser and this lucky lady can claim him as hers :dance3:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

no we are giving them spending money but when it gone ....but i would hate for them to use their spending money to buy their mother, step dad, and 2 siblings souvieres (sp)...thats all... i think it would be rather nice if their mother gave them $$ and said pick us out something...

Your question was would I send my kids with money if going on vacation with a step-parent so that they could bring back gifts for bio-mom, siblings & step-dad, correct?

My answer: It depends. Not everyone cares about souvenirs and many people could care less about getting them when someone returns from a trip. Also, not everyone is crazy-obsessed with WDW. Many people could care less about it.

Also, when it comes to children, they don't know what they're missing. If they've never been to WDW, they wouldn't know to even expect such a thing. Does that make sense?

I didn't read the 30+ pages of this thread but skimmed a little of it. You seem to be very much in love with WDW and that's ok. Other people may not share in that love of all things Disney. So, the bio-mom may not even care. She may be happy that you are taking the girls and may not have even considered them bringing gifts back for any of the family members.

I am not a product of divorce nor am I divorced. However, my DH wouldn't even think of someone bringing him a gift not would my DD. It's just not an expectation for us. I'm sensing from your post you have a set expectation of what should happen but she may not have even entertained the same thought.

I hope that makes sense & I hope it answers your original question.

Your question was would I send my kids with money if going on vacation with a step-parent so that they could bring back gifts for bio-mom, siblings & step-dad, correct?

My answer: It depends. Not everyone cares about souvenirs and many people could care less about getting them when someone returns from a trip. Also, not everyone is crazy-obsessed with WDW. Many people could care less about it.

Also, when it comes to children, they don't know what they're missing. If they've never been to WDW, they wouldn't know to even expect such a thing. Does that make sense?

I didn't read the 30+ pages of this thread but skimmed a little of it. You seem to be very much in love with WDW and that's ok. Other people may not share in that love of all things Disney. So, the bio-mom may not even care. She may be happy that you are taking the girls and may not have even considered them bringing gifts back for any of the family members.

I am not a product of divorce nor am I divorced. However, my DH wouldn't even think of someone bringing him a gift not would my DD. It's just not an expectation for us. I'm sensing from your post you have a set expectation of what should happen but she may not have even entertained the same thought.

Aww, go on. Read it all. Its very entertaining.

omg... Yes.:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Someone finally understands my question. I just wasn't sure if its something we should do or not. Not anything having to do with resentment towards the kids or mother, making sure my son got less spending money than them, proper typing and english grammar, and many other :offtopic: stuff they came up with. I'm just gonna let the girls buy what they want for whom ever they want, and leave it at that. I'm not gonna worry about. Alot of people said they wouldn't expect anything. I guess I'm just used to grabing my mom something from where ever I've been.

I just know if my son was going I would give him some money to pick us up something.

Thank you for skimming. There are several people on here that must of not had anything else to do for week, but contribute to making a simple question turn in the a 30 page episode of Jersey Shore.:happytv:

Oh, I think they will be happy to see I may have completed 20 real sentences. I must have learned something from them.:teacher:

I am now not responding to anything else. So thanks to people who should be thanked and to those who shouldn't...I'll be back.pirate: Urg.

Did I read that right? Your H pays $75 a week for 2 kids? That is *hardly* milking you dry. That is $3900 a year for 2 kids. Seems like a deal to me!

I read the first page, but not the rest, so you may have a similar answer but I want to throw in my two cents...

Personally, I would speak to the other parent (and spouse if they have one) and see if they are expecting me to send spending money with the child (or children). If they do, then I would.

From your second post, I gathered that you are on the other end? These are you step children that you and your husband are taking to Disney?

If that is the case, and I was in that situation, I would be paying for the WHOLE trip. That includes buying gifts for the children's other parent, and even grandparents and best friends. I would buy the same as I would for my natural child (they are the husbands children...) because to me, that's only right. Besides, it may score brownie points with the kids if you were to suggest them finding something perfect for their mom. It would help dispel any beliefs they may harbor that you hate their mom. (Kids of divorce often feel that way.)

Someone finally understands my question. I just wasn't sure if its something we should do or not. Not anything having to do with resentment towards the kids or mother, making sure my son got less spending money than them, proper typing and english grammar, and many other :offtopic: stuff they came up with. I'm just gonna let the girls buy what they want for whom ever they want, and leave it at that. I'm not gonna worry about. Alot of people said they wouldn't expect anything. I guess I'm just used to grabing my mom something from where ever I've been.

I just know if my son was going I would give him some money to pick us up something.

Thank you for skimming. There are several people on here that must of not had anything else to do for week, but contribute to making a simple question turn in the a 30 page episode of Jersey Shore.:happytv:

Oh, I think they will be happy to see I may have completed 20 real sentences. I must have learned something from them.:teacher:

I am now not responding to anything else. So thanks to people who should be thanked and to those who shouldn't...I'll be back.pirate: Urg.

You can go back to my posts and see that I answered your question. Quite a few people answered your questions and were helpful to you, giving you some sound advice, but you sort of skipped over what people had to say. If you don't like what people are saying, you could very much leave this thread. Instead, you seem to be growing more hostile. You're the only person who knows your true intent with regard to this trip. Do what you plan on doing and call it a day...You're the only one who is keeping this thread alive.

Did I read that right? Your H pays $75 a week for 2 kids? That is *hardly* milking you dry. That is $3900 a year for 2 kids. Seems like a deal to me!

Wouldn't it be great if kids were that cheap??? 3900 doesn't even cover our gymnastic expenses! Let alone any of the other required expenses!

You are something else. :rolleyes:

Wow...I've missed a lot in a night. Sorry for the ellipses, btw.

This is a new low. Husban's x milks us dry. What kind of woman thinks $75 a week for 2 children is adequate and then talks about the DH being milked dry? I hope he only gives you $37.50 a week for your son so you can have a taste of it. $37.50 a week for EVERYTHING including food, mortgage, clothes, diapers etc.

I don't know how you can't see that you are married now so you do have to worry about *his* bills because the more he steps up to the plate and takes more responsibility in the two children he fathered prior to meeting you, the less finances he will have available for you.

You mean when your husband's children get the money that he owes them.
I agree with you.

Did you really type this? WOW! A little piece of advice, think before you speak (or type). This is the saddest thing I have ever seen on these boards.
I know, it's crazy isn't it? :furious:

We all understood your question. You just want to thank those that agree with you. By the way, you have made quite a few posts that we're off topic so you really need to put that emoticon away.

I hear ya! I really can't believe she wrote that. Worse yet, she believes it. Can't wait until the DH does to her what he did to the baby mama of his two daughters so she can see what it feels like. Sadly, I feel bad for the children in this situation.

Wouldn't it be great if kids were that cheap??? 3900 doesn't even cover our gymnastic expenses! Let alone any of the other required expenses!

I hear ya there! Daycare alone for 1 child is $200 a week. My health insurance is $500 a month, Activities are $150 a month and I won't even get into clothing, food, and a mortgage.

I read the first page, but not the rest, so you may have a similar answer but I want to throw in my two cents...

Personally, I would speak to the other parent (and spouse if they have one) and see if they are expecting me to send spending money with the child (or children). If they do, then I would.

From your second post, I gathered that you are on the other end? These are you step children that you and your husband are taking to Disney?

If that is the case, and I was in that situation, I would be paying for the WHOLE trip. That includes buying gifts for the children's other parent, and even grandparents and best friends. I would buy the same as I would for my natural child (they are the husbands children...) because to me, that's only right. Besides, it may score brownie points with the kids if you were to suggest them finding something perfect for their mom. It would help dispel any beliefs they may harbor that you hate their mom. (Kids of divorce often feel that way.)

Great advice, thank you.

I think everyone here has been trying to explain that an extra $20or so for gifts for the other children, mom and step-father isn't about the girls getting more. It is about showing compassion to the two step-children and showing that they are cared for. It is not about buying gifts for people that the OP may not like; it is about developing a kind and loving relationship with her step-children.
If I were the step-mom, I think it would be fun to shop with the girls and help them pick out the presents they would bring back for the rest of their family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter