Spinoff:. What do you have enough of but, still buy more of... What do you begrudge buying?

Trash bags. I am literally buying something for the sole purpose of throwing it away.
For me it's Ziploc bags. I try to use the plastic washable containers, but can't get the family totally onboard for that. Or they don't fit in their lunchboxes :-(

For me it's Ziploc bags. I try to use the plastic washable containers, but can't get the family totally onboard for that. Or they don't fit in their lunchboxes :-(

I hear you, but somehow my brain manages to support the delusion that Ziplocs are containing and protecting things to be consumed. Trash bags are headed straight for the trash.

Shhh, don't shatter my delusions.

Water filters for the fridge. I know the markup on those things must be huge.
:rolleyes1 ummm we may have been putting that off strictly due to the cost. Last offer we got listed the retail price (haven't looked too indepth if that is accurate or not) of our filter at $49.99 :scared:. The offer we got was for $5.00 off with free shipping but add back on tax and the total was $49.25 for one. If we did a subscribe and save it would be 20% off rather than 10% off.

Trash bags is a good one but we've been getting the trash liners from Costco as our house has a built in pull out trash and it's 2 smaller cans rather than a larger one and they last forever (like 1 1/2 years) so we can't begrude it too much-we also use it for cat litter.

If I had to really think about it I'd say lawncare stuff. We use a local company's lawncare year round program it's just keeping up with it. It's not dirt cheap it's not outrategously priced either but it's that we want to keep up with the program so it's a continual thing--it's a do it yourself program. Plus we just ordered a weed puller, then it's maintaining the hoses we have as we don't have an irrigation system yet (it's several thousand dollars so an investment), eventually we'll get a rain barrel, the darn squirrels bury nuts causing gaps in the backyard, plus the moles we get (which are terrible in our area year after year), etc. I love having bluegrass but it's also a pain in the butt too lol.

Razor blades. A penny's worth of steel, encased in a tenth of a cent's worth of plastic, in a package that cost a tenth of a cent, that cost 25 cents to ship to the store and sells for almost $5 per blade.
I begrudgingly buy them. However in most stores around here razor blades are under lock and key, you have to get an employee to retrieve what you want, and hold it up front until to you check out. Apparently too many people are happily stealing them.

I hate buying napkins. I have learned to just not be a messy eater. DH must have multiple napkins (that he uses) at every meal. They are the biggest waste of money, and for some reason whenever we *do* have them, DH will pull out of stack and leave them on the table so there is a constant pile of napkins in my way. It looks so messy, and honestly I "forget" to buy them on purpose so that I don't have to deal with it lol

Tires! I have a long commute and feel like I'm constantly buying tires, I know I need them to be safe, but it's not a fun way to spend money!

Undergarments, I hate spending money on clothing no one gets to see lol.

I hate buying napkins. I have learned to just not be a messy eater. DH must have multiple napkins (that he uses) at every meal. They are the biggest waste of money, and for some reason whenever we *do* have them, DH will pull out of stack and leave them on the table so there is a constant pile of napkins in my way. It looks so messy, and honestly I "forget" to buy them on purpose so that I don't have to deal with it lol
Buy cloth napkins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter