Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Are there typically water bottles handed out after the finish for the 5k, or just cups of water? Trying to decide if I should put my refillable water bottle in my bag check for after the race.

Are there typically water bottles handed out after the finish for the 5k, or just cups of water? Trying to decide if I should put my refillable water bottle in my bag check for after the race.

There's usually water bottles as well as Powerade. If you want/feel that you need two bottles, just ask and they never have a problem.

Pro tip - carry a plastic grocery bag with you (I usually slide one in my shorts pocket) to hold all of the "stuff" (food box, banana, water/Powerade bottles) that you get post race. It's much better than trying to juggle everything.

There's usually water bottles as well as Powerade. If you want/feel that you need two bottles, just ask and they never have a problem.

Pro tip - carry a plastic grocery bag with you (I usually slide one in my shorts pocket) to hold all of the "stuff" (food box, banana, water/Powerade bottles) that you get post race. It's much better than trying to juggle everything.

Thanks!! Great tip!

There’s definite benefits to being a solo human in general—the biggest being nobody cares if I disappear for a week. Well, my grandparents care, but since they’re adults, they can survive 😆😆

We could meet at Hurricane Hanna’s at Beach Club on Saturday afternoon? I’m at Hollywood on Saturday, so I can walk or skyliner over, and it’s right on the way between The Swan and Epcot’s International Gateway. It was a great meetup place at Princess Weekend.

Obviously, any and all runDisney people and their friends/family can join us too.
Any chance you wouldn't mind a tag-a-long? I'm doing runDisney and WDW solo as well, and would love to meet some fellow runners.

Any chance you wouldn't mind a tag-a-long? I'm doing runDisney and WDW solo as well, and would love to meet some fellow runners.
Yes join us! Solos and anyone else are all welcome! I'm getting really excited - less than 2 weeks now!

I'm also regularly dreaming of all the things I can do on this first solo trip... taking in all the details in World Showcase, which my kids never let me do... trying to decide if and what rides I really want to do... there are a handful of rides and things I've never done (Hall of Presidents! Journey into Imagination!) and I'd like to check all of those off as well. Solos - what are you favorite things to do on solo trips?

I'm staying at YC for Springtime Surprise Weekend as my daughter and I are participating in the Ten Miler. Does anyone know if my wife and son will be able to walk through Epcot to reach the finish line area at around 7:00-8:00?

I'm staying at YC for Springtime Surprise Weekend as my daughter and I are participating in the Ten Miler. Does anyone know if my wife and son will be able to walk through Epcot to reach the finish line area at around 7:00-8:00?
Epcot will be closed, so they will not be able to walk through. But according to the event guide, the buses between the finish line and the resorts start at 6:30, so they can hop on one of those to be brought to the finish area

Epcot will be closed, so they will not be able to walk through. But according to the event guide, the buses between the finish line and the resorts start at 6:30, so they can hop on one of those to be brought to the finish area
Thank you. It just seems silly to have to take a bus from YC ALL the way over to Epcot, but the park doesn't even open to resort guests until 9:30. So, it's somewhat understandable.

Thank you. It just seems silly to have to take a bus from YC ALL the way over to Epcot, but the park doesn't even open to resort guests until 9:30. So, it's somewhat understandable.
Keep in mind that walking through Epcot (if it were open) would require a park reservation.

Note that Epcot actually opens at 8:30 on SS weekend, and Disney resort guests can enter at 8am, BUT they have to have a park res (and 8am is probably too late to see you at the finish line?)

Last edited:
I also have a driving question since we are staying offsite. We are coming from the celebration/reunion/Windsor hills area. Can I just jump onto world drive where it hits I-4, since they are saying to enter via world drive anyway? I’m completely a landmark person and not a “go west on blah blah and then turn south onto this other one”
Yep, you're good - just leave early!

Anyone know if spectators are allowed into AK for the 5K? I’ve searched high and low for any information and I’m coming up empty.
5K starts at 10pm, right? I assume AK will be closed, so no - spectators would only be allowed in if the park were open and they had tickets and park reservations. The only time I've ever seen spectators allowed into a closed park without tickets/reservations is MK for Marathon and PHM weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter