Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Ah - you are correct! Of course!
Side note - anyone else registering for Nov W&D today? I am!
In queue now that is our regular weekend but I did marathon for the 50th and am doing Everest as redemption for the 2019 fall feast being bumped from DAK to Epcot after AP/DVC registration occurred

I can't believe how close this is! Would anyone like to meet me for dinner at tiffins on Apr 1 @ 5:45?

Also What happens if you have a reservation for 2 but only one person show up?

Also What happens if you have a reservation for 2 but only one person show up?
As long as one person shows up, there's no issues! We're normally a group of 5/6 with my family trips and sometimes 2 or more decide they don't want sit down dinner. We've never been charged or had any issues.

Nothing happens at all. I always book for 2 for my solo meals because Disney’s system doesn’t like odd numbers
Thats good to know. Anyone know how this would work for Cinderella's royal table? I almost booked a table there but since they make you pre- pay I wasn't sure I wanted to risk it.

Thats good to know. Anyone know how this would work for Cinderella's royal table? I almost booked a table there but since they make you pre- pay I wasn't sure I wanted to risk it.
Pre-paid meals would be the exception (which I always forget about because I don’t do them)

They kept Sunday April 3 at a 10am (9:30 EE) for Epcot due to the race.
This seems a somewhat dumb question to pose, but why would they open up Magic Kingdom early to allow spectators to watch the marathon but not Epcot or Hollywood Studios to watch a race like the Ten Miler?

This seems a somewhat dumb question to pose, but why would they open up Magic Kingdom early to allow spectators to watch the marathon but not Epcot or Hollywood Studios to watch a race like the Ten Miler?

They don't open MK early for spectators. They allow them into a closed park but only on Main Street. They are then removed from the park before park opening and have to re-enter if they have tickets and a reservation for the day.

The route through Epcot doesn't generally allow for one good centralized place to keep spectators like Main Street does and I'm not sure if the router through DHS has it either.

They don't open MK early for spectators. They allow them into a closed park but only on Main Street. They are then removed from the park before park opening and have to re-enter if they have tickets and a reservation for the day.

The route through Epcot doesn't generally allow for one good centralized place to keep spectators like Main Street does and I'm not sure if the router through DHS has it either.
True.

Can someone please remind me what happens if one of your party can't make the race they signed up for? DD22's two-year delayed graduation ceremony from Uni in England is 3/31-4/1 and she will no longer be able to make the race. She is currently signed up for the 10-miler. Should I let them know she won't be attending? Will I be able to pick up her shirt? I assume no metal?

Can someone please remind me what happens if one of your party can't make the race they signed up for? DD22's two-year delayed graduation ceremony from Uni in England is 3/31-4/1 and she will no longer be able to make the race. She is currently signed up for the 10-miler. Should I let them know she won't be attending? Will I be able to pick up her shirt? I assume no metal?
People have had mixed results with emailing RD about getting gift card credit, it’s worth a shot. Definitely wouldn’t be able to get the medal, I don’t think you’d be able to pick up the shirt either since you have to show ID to get your bib and then head over to pick up shirts.

I will not be able to attend HH on Saturday, but please let me know if there will be a meet-up on Sunday morning before the 10-miler!

People have had mixed results with emailing RD about getting gift card credit, it’s worth a shot. Definitely wouldn’t be able to get the medal, I don’t think you’d be able to pick up the shirt either since you have to show ID to get your bib and then head over to pick up shirts.
Thank you! I'll give it a shot.

Would someone please describe what the ToT and EE races were all about? They’ve been referred to a few times in various threads, and in different boards, but I haven’t found any description as to what they were like and why they were so special or fun.

Also, have I missed information about when RunDisney will be giving more information about this weekend?
The OG ToT was a 13K race. Then it switched to a 10 miler. ToT was always a nighttime race. The after party was always in studios immediately after the race. It was probably the most heavily themed race I’ve ever done (including a section that actually went off pavement and through a wide trail in the woods for about 1/2 mile. I looked at doing the Spring Surprise ToT but took a pass because it doesn’t sound like a “real” ToT (not at night and wrong season). Sometimes a reboot can be good and other times, reboots can suck. This one seems lame.

Pre 10k meetup? I didn’t end up making it to any of the MW ones, but I’d like to attempt to at least stop and say hi this time 😂

I'm only doing the 5K as it happens to fall at the very end of a trip we were already planning. I'll be at the race with my (grown up) nephew and am totally up for a meet-up. This is my first race starting at AK so I have no experience with the setup or where a good meeting point may be. We leave early the next morning so I'll miss HH and any other meet-ups. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter