Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Interesting to see a race specific shoe ornament previewed as I know for W&D they just had a RunDisney one available & only those who pre-ordered the runners bundle got the villains one and the rest allegedly ended up being unloaded at cast connection … I don’t think they had a race specific one at marathon or princess either due to supply chain but I could be wrong….
Also it’s been a while since they did a plastic tervis AND the water bottle as lately it’s been the water bottles and on occasion a corksicle

Will there be resort busses heading to DAK at 730 with that being park close?

cause I’m trying to gage weather or not to hop on a DAK bus from Pop earlier than the 830pm race bus and if so when would I need to leave my room
Yes…per website (and personal experience) buses run between resorts and parks for one hour after park closing. See below…

Getting to Disney Theme Parks and Disney Springs from a Disney Resort Hotel

• Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs is available during Disney Springs operating hours—and ends one hour after closing.
  • Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to opening and ends one hour after closing.

Yes…per website (and personal experience) buses run between resorts and parks for one hour after park closing. See below…

Getting to Disney Theme Parks and Disney Springs from a Disney Resort Hotel

• Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs is available during Disney Springs operating hours—and ends one hour after closing.
  • Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to opening and ends one hour after closing.
okay.... so than I'll prob head toward the busses at the resort around 745 ish and see if they are letting runners board resort busses to head to park or if they are explicitly told to wait till 830 for race busses (with all the drama at princess the fact that runners only have a 45 min window before rundisney wants them to be at the park is making me anxious

I’m really hoping there’s a 2nd spirit jersey because I’m super underwhelmed by the previewed on. Excited for the shoe ornament though!

I4 permitting hope to get to expo between 945-1030 over under on weather I’ll get a medal replica pin and/or magnet????

oh I wish RunDisney could get smart and set up a VQ for the expo… have to be 45 miles or less away like the ap magnet

It will be interesting to see if creator days includes any influencers doing spon con for RunDisney

I4 permitting hope to get to expo between 945-1030 over under on weather I’ll get a medal replica pin and/or magnet????

oh I wish RunDisney could get smart and set up a VQ for the expo… have to be 45 miles or less away like the ap magnet

VQ would be amazing! Seems like a win for them... in all that time I'd be waiting in line, I'd probably be spending money somewhere else... til i can get into expo to spend more money 😂

Please send runDisney an email and ask them about it. The more they hear directly from runners, the more likely they are to make changes.
I wish that they would only permit runners into the Expo. Make people get their bibs first and have to present them in order to gain access to the expo. I got there on Saturday for Marathon Weekend and there was barely anything left. Plenty of stuff on eBay on Thursday however!

I wish that they would only permit runners into the Expo. Make people get their bibs first and have to present them in order to gain access to the expo. I got there on Saturday for Marathon Weekend and there was barely anything left. Plenty of stuff on eBay on Thursday however!

That's very easy to say, but let me play devil's advocate:

1. The resellers will just buy the cheapest bid (the 5K) and prevent people who actually want to run the race from registering
2. I have a friend/supporter that travels with me to the races. Sometimes she also does the 5K with me, but sometimes not (particularly if I am only doing a 10K/half challenge). This would mean that she couldn't wait in line with me (I think for Princess 2020 we waited over an hour just to get in the merch area). What am I going to tell her? Go wait somewhere while I do this. That's not especially friendly. What about people who have kids/are traveling with their family?

There are ways that Disney could help the situation if they wanted to, but my personal opinion is that restricting access to just runners is probably not the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter