Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Going to be a bit annoying when talk up this whole adventure thing and in the end the adventure you’ll be taking involved the same maps from Epcot and back.

(holding out slight hope that all this talk of adventure might bring back the AK 5k, and we’ll know if they do when they update the race page)

Slowly making my way back to the DIS. It’s been a tough year but I’m officially registered for PW and had resigned myself to “just” the longest race for SS due to not being able to take off Friday… until today…

Now I’m toying with a TERRIBLE idea of flying in Thursday, picking up my bib, running the 5K and flying back home, working a half day and flying back that night for the remainder of the weekend :faint: The terrible idea really goes back to wanting to attempt a perfect race weekend. Even if it ends up not being recognized by runDisney, I love the idea that I have the opportunity to go for one. And of course, how could I pass on Stitch??

Bad idea? Absolutely. Could a lot go wrong? Of course. But is it possible? :scratchin

My mind and my wallet have such a love/hate relationship with runDisney… :rotfl2:

I think you’re both right. I can’t figure out the center left poster though, there’s just not much detail to be found.
I agree that I think that it's Peter Pan and Lion King. Likewise, I have NO clue what that third picture is though. We need someone with Photoshop skills to lighten the picture and decipher what the image could be.

I think the third one is Up, based on the "Spirit of Adventure" dirigible in the movie and the "embrace the adventure" theme of the weekend, but I haven't been able to find a pic of a scene to match the one grayed out. It's more of a hunch on my part, I guess.

Running in Makeup on IG thinks the other picture is Up as well. If these are the themes, I'll pass on Springtime next year. Since it's mid-April to begin with, and it was quite steamy this year, the themes are a make or break for me.

I think you’re both right. I can’t figure out the center left poster though, there’s just not much detail to be found.
Long time lurker but I had to comment as I found myself doing the same thing. There is a lot more detail in that third picture on their Instagram post. Looks like tropical plant leaves?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter