Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

JayLeeJay

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping this is a good spot to ask this question. I'm curious about the MFSR single rider line. My husband used it a lot and said at one point he had to go either left or right up the stairs. He said he went right every time except for once he went left. When going right, he said he was immediately handed a job, usually pilot or gunner, and continued to wait for his color to be called. He also said they weren't filling all 6 spots every time. The time he went left he had to wait a few minutes, was given engineer and the ride was full. He said neither looked like it ended where the regular standby line ended (for standby he was only ever directed left once the line split). Once the land opens, will there be a difference between going left or right for the single rider line? Think there are plans for a cast member to send people specific ways or will you just have to hope others went the opposite way?

yulilin3

Disney Freak
I'm hoping this is a good spot to ask this question. I'm curious about the MFSR single rider line. My husband used it a lot and said at one point he had to go either left or right up the stairs. He said he went right every time except for once he went left. When going right, he said he was immediately handed a job, usually pilot or gunner, and continued to wait for his color to be called. He also said they weren't filling all 6 spots every time. The time he went left he had to wait a few minutes, was given engineer and the ride was full. He said neither looked like it ended where the regular standby line ended (for standby he was only ever directed left once the line split). Once the land opens, will there be a difference between going left or right for the single rider line? Think there are plans for a cast member to send people specific ways or will you just have to hope others went the opposite way?
Just asked Steph, she says: when you go to SR there's a point where there are 2 staircases, the CM determine which side it will be used, most times both sides are open. No one is there, it's just an illuminated arrow. So the guest can see the right side or left side or both illuminated. In his case it was a matter of efficiency, it looks like that day they had some issues with an efficient CM on one side where the pod wasn't full. Both sides are exactly the same. There are 4 different exits because there are 4 different turntables, so the stairways and hallways might look a bit different.
When SR line gets to the entrance they close it. And they never give out an estimated time of wait for SR

JayLeeJay

Mouseketeer
Just asked Steph, she says: when you go to SR there's a point where there are 2 staircases, the CM determine which side it will be used, most times both sides are open. No one is there, it's just an illuminated arrow. So the guest can see the right side or left side or both illuminated. In his case it was a matter of efficiency, it looks like that day they had some issues with an efficient CM on one side where the pod wasn't full. Both sides are exactly the same. There are 4 different exits because there are 4 different turntables, so the stairways and hallways might look a bit different.
When SR line gets to the entrance they close it. And they never give out an estimated time of wait for SR
Thanks! That makes sense. He figured the line differences were due to it the the preview but could never figure out where he was or where he was going. Its like a maze in there where everything looks the same but still slightly different. :D

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Thanks! That makes sense. He figured the line differences were due to it the the preview but could never figure out where he was or where he was going. Its like a maze in there where everything looks the same but still slightly different. :D
Disneyland local here, if the line isn't backed up to the hallway I usually check how far down the stairs it is on each side before I decide. I usually prefer to go left because it's a shorter exit usually and I think that stairwell isn't as long.

10CJ

DIS Veteran
Is most of the line inside and in A/C? Or is a large part of the queue outside? Just trying to judge how long I might be willing to wait.

OhhBother

DIS Veteran
Is most of the line inside and in A/C? Or is a large part of the queue outside? Just trying to judge how long I might be willing to wait.
A small portion of the line is outside - maybe the first 10-15 minutes. It's completely covered, though. Just no AC.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS