Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

For those of you that do not like the ride, do you like FoP and Soar'n?

I will be at Disney for 10 nights and booked an "extra" room at BWVs for the middle of my stay so I can walk to MGM at 3:45 am and ride the attraction for 6 am and have Oga's for a drink mid morning but now second guessing myself and thinking just skipping this if the ride isn't so great, less stress for me and I can stay put at the GFVs.

Thank you.

I will be at Disney for 10 nights and booked an "extra" room at BWVs for the middle of my stay so I can walk to MGM at 3:45 am and ride the attraction for 6 am and have Oga's for a drink mid morning but now second guessing myself and thinking just skipping this if the ride isn't so great, less stress for me and I can stay put at the GFVs.

Thank you.
The attraction is nothing like FoP or Soarin. Is more like ST and Mission space. They only way for you to know if you'd like it is by going on it

Thank you.

I agree that the only way you know if you'll like it is to experience it. For myself though it's a ride that I'll do with a FP (once they start being used) or if I'm with people that haven't done it before and just HAVE to experience it. It's tricky because it does change based on the interactions of everyone but I don't actually think that's a good thing in a theme park attraction. And frankly, chasing the transport left me wondering "why?" after we were done. There's sooooooooo much more they could have done for situations with the MF. A combo between Star Tours and Mission Space describes it well. The queue is very interesting. If choosing between getting up at 3:45 to try and get on the ride by 6:30 or so or just go when it's a 2 hour wait in the actual line I'd go for the actual line at a more reasonable hour.

And yes - I love FOP and Soarin'.

I'll ride Star Tours more than Mission Space but neither of those are must dos for our trips. I'll try Smugglers Run again just to verify but after one experience I immediately was placing it into the category that it'll be something to do now and then. And to be completely honest, if I never did it again I'd be ok and happy with having done it once. Other than I'd like to get a longer look at the job they did with the inside of the MF. Some people love Star Tours and I think will be the most likely to really like this ride.

Last edited:
Thoughts on a tall enough 3 year old on MFSR? Obviously we won't let her pilot. She can't even drive a Mario Cart car properly. There are 4 of us so we would be able to switch her to something else. Trying to minimize # of times waiting in line by avoiding Rider Swap on this one since we want to do both rides (December trip).

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I haven't been able to follow the opening tomorrow as much as I would like -

Does MFSR have FP+ available for a late October/early November trip yet? My 60 day window opens on Saturday and I'm trying to get my plans together. I think that they won't be having FP for that period of time yet, but want to make sure.

Thanks so much!

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I haven't been able to follow the opening tomorrow as much as I would like -

Does MFSR have FP+ available for a late October/early November trip yet? My 60 day window opens on Saturday and I'm trying to get my plans together. I think that they won't be having FP for that period of time yet, but want to make sure.

Thanks so much!
fp availability has not been announced yet. As of now, the attraction won't have a fp. People are thinking that it might change come December 5th and the opening of Rise of the Resistance

Thoughts on a tall enough 3 year old on MFSR? Obviously we won't let her pilot. She can't even drive a Mario Cart car properly. There are 4 of us so we would be able to switch her to something else. Trying to minimize # of times waiting in line by avoiding Rider Swap on this one since we want to do both rides (December trip).

I asked about my almost 4 year old for when we go next year: engineers smash buttons that light up or you can enable auto-aim on the gunner

I am wondering what the Smugglers Run ride is like - the details of what it involves, what happens (visually, motion wise etc...) if it's scary etc.... compare it to Star Tours etc... I have two kids with sensory and anxiety issues, that don't always do well with sudden surprises - like things suddenly flying at them.

Also, are you able to see inside the Falcon if you are not doing the ride??

I am wondering what the Smugglers Run ride is like - the details of what it involves, what happens (visually, motion wise etc...) if it's scary etc.... compare it to Star Tours etc... I have two kids with sensory and anxiety issues, that don't always do well with sudden surprises - like things suddenly flying at them.

Also, are you able to see inside the Falcon if you are not doing the ride??

You can see a description of the ride on post number 1.
Lots of sudden things, lots of flashing lights and the amount of bumps and movement will depend on how well the pilots are.
If the person meets the height requirement you can make the queue and get all the way to the main hold and the chess room and look and take pictures but you would have to exit before you see the cockpit. If you're not riding let the cm assigning jobs know so the don't give you a job, you can go into the nation hold and then leave through the "chicken exit. "

You can see a description of the ride on post number 1.
Lots of sudden things, lots of flashing lights and the amount of bumps and movement will depend on how well the pilots are.
If the person meets the height requirement you can make the queue and get all the way to the main hold and the chess room and look and take pictures but you would have to exit before you see the cockpit. If you're not riding let the cm assigning jobs know so the don't give you a job, you can go into the nation hold and then leave through the "chicken exit. "

If those things answered my question, I wouldn't have asked. 😉 Further, there's a difference between a static description of what something should be, and first hand reports of what people find it to be.

Can you request to be pilot so you can control it? Is ROR going to be similar idea? Lots of loud noise, things flying at you etc?

If those things answered my question, I wouldn't have asked. 😉 Further, there's a difference between a static description of what something should be, and first hand reports of what people find it to be.

Can you request to be pilot so you can control it? Is ROR going to be similar idea? Lots of loud noise, things flying at you etc?
Sometimes people don't look at post one which is why i directed you there first.
You can request a position but cm have been told to avoid issues, to give a hard no answer, meaning no wiggle room, but it's basically at ther discretion of the cm
RotR will be 2 sets of different ride vehicles, once will have the first order shooting with big AT-AT overhead while you serve around them , then you get up and have to escape by going on a simulator that will drop you back in batuu

Going to Disneyland in November, so we will get to see the land there. Going to Disney World, solo trip, in January so hoping to see the land and try both rides. Whether or not the ride is awesome remains to be seen, but I do have to say that FOP has exceeded my expectations and is the best ride I've ever been on, and I have many years of ride experiences. The new rides will have to beat FOP experience for me to give it good reviews. Soarin' is my second favorite ride, even though both experiences are very different, I still get so much enjoyment from both. Star Tours I find to be just "meh" so my expectations for the new rides are pretty low right now. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself....and it's coming soon now that we are into labor day weekend. I can't wait!

DH has severe motion sickness. Like, the worst of anyone I've ever known. He can't ride Star Tours at all. He decided to try MF:SR during the AP preview just to try it once. He was a gunner, and the pilots were both excellent. Therefore, he felt relatively fine after riding. We were so surprised! He decided to ride again, and hopefully get another position. Unfortunately he was a gunner again. However this time, one of the pilots was a very little girl who couldn't reach all of the controls. She also didn't understand what she had to do as well. It made for a VERY bumpy ride..... Dh was very sick after riding. :( My question, is whether you think he can ask to be pilot on a future trip. It's only because of his motion sickness. He says that he won't ride again unless he can be pilot and thus have some control over the bumpiness of the ride. The ride with the little girl as a pilot really did him in. :( Thanks for your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter