Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least initially, do we think they’ll be fastpasses just to get in the land or some other system of (upcharge?) timed entry?

I would definitly expect some sort of crowd control measure, they almost definitly have to close the land at certain points. I would also not be surprised to see before or after hours up charge event that get you into the land.

I would definitly expect some sort of crowd control measure, they almost definitly have to close the land at certain points. I would also not be surprised to see before or after hours up charge event that get you into the land.
Would expect a variety of different daily early morning magic and after hours type events at WDW. Headed for our first DL trip in November. From my limited knowledge, these types of events are not really a thing there (at least yet) - should be interesting.

Sorry maybe this has been mentioned previously in this thread, but does anyone have a clue or estimate as to when an official opening day will be set? Im not asking for the opening day, I know that’s unknown, I’m just wondering how much advance notice will we get?

Sorry maybe this has been mentioned previously in this thread, but does anyone have a clue or estimate as to when an official opening day will be set? Im not asking for the opening day, I know that’s unknown, I’m just wondering how much advance notice will we get?

at the moment all we know is summer 2019 for Disneyland
Fall 2019 for Walt Disney World

So at the moment we are 6 months out from Disneyland opening and just have approx season.

At least initially, do we think they’ll be fastpasses just to get in the land or some other system of (upcharge?) timed entry?

Not sure if it will be FP or just like a line to get in (that if you have a FP for one of the rides or ADR for dining location you can "skip") ... but maybe they do something so people aren't just in line for 12 hours to get into the land and not spending money elsewhere

I would definitely expect some sort of paid VIP preview at Disneyland as they seem to do those there (I know they did one for Pixar Pier and others). Not sure about at WDW - but I am sure there will be some sort of preview

And then I do expect some sort of paid early entry (like they had for Toy Story Land) and/or VIP tour (like they do at Animal Kingdom). At least I am hoping as that will be my plan - save money elsewhere (stay offiste, stay fewer days, less nice meals, etc) and use that money for guaranteed entrance/access to the rides

Not sure if it will be FP or just like a line to get in (that if you have a FP for one of the rides or ADR for dining location you can "skip") ... but maybe they do something so people aren't just in line for 12 hours to get into the land and not spending money elsewhere

I would definitely expect some sort of paid VIP preview at Disneyland as they seem to do those there (I know they did one for Pixar Pier and others). Not sure about at WDW - but I am sure there will be some sort of preview

And then I do expect some sort of paid early entry (like they had for Toy Story Land) and/or VIP tour (like they do at Animal Kingdom). At least I am hoping as that will be my plan - save money elsewhere (stay offiste, stay fewer days, less nice meals, etc) and use that money for guaranteed entrance/access to the rides
I actually hope they keep them waiting in line at DL (although I doubt they will). I can't even imagine the park absorbing that many more guests.

I actually hope they keep them waiting in line at DL (although I doubt they will). I can't even imagine the park absorbing that many more guests.

yeah, guess I meant more at WDW, but I agree at Disneyland they need some other system as that park is too crowded already. Maybe even keep them lined up outside of the park or stages of the line (outside the park, then some inside the park but outside the land, etc.)

I am also picturing the line of people camping out for a few days leading up to the grand opening and hope they have some sort of plan for that (heck, they could sell spots on line I bet - "be one of the first to experience the magic of Star War: Galaxy's Edge! Line starts at 6pm two days before the opening - secure your spot within the first 500 spots on line for only $499!")

yeah, guess I meant more at WDW, but I agree at Disneyland they need some other system as that park is too crowded already. Maybe even keep them lined up outside of the park or stages of the line (outside the park, then some inside the park but outside the land, etc.)

I am also picturing the line of people camping out for a few days leading up to the grand opening and hope they have some sort of plan for that (heck, they could sell spots on line I bet - "be one of the first to experience the magic of Star War: Galaxy's Edge! Line starts at 6pm two days before the opening - secure your spot within the first 500 spots on line for only $499!")
My guess is they won’t actually let people line up until the night before. They didn’t let anyone pre line up for Pixar Pier and Cars Land the line started at a stated time and spot with specific parking instructions if I am remembering correctly.

Edit: and for pandora people didn’t line up until the night before

Last edited:

Quick game of Price is Right...
Hollywood Studios has an 8am park opening; you’re allowed 6:30a early entry to SWGE and a token breakfast at Pizzo Rizzo that no one will actually attend...
$250 per adult?

My guess is they won’t actually let people line up until the night before. They didn’t let anyone pre line up for Pixar Pier and Cars Land the line started at a stated time and spot with specific parking instructions if I am remembering correctly.

Edit: and for pandora people didn’t line up until the night before
Pandora wasn’t exactly as well received before it opened like Star Wars ;)

Disney will have to have set rules for this though.

Quick game of Price is Right...
Hollywood Studios has an 8am park opening; you’re allowed 6:30a early entry to SWGE and a token breakfast at Pizzo Rizzo that no one will actually attend...
$250 per adult?

well, the closest thing we have to the demand this will have is Flight of Passage, and the Animal Kingdom Nights of Adventure (which is largely a way to pay for a FP for FoP) is $249 - so my guess is anything Star Wars related will be well north of that - maybe $499/person

But if you are DVC they will let you sign up 2 days earlier than everyone else!

Exactly. Tone is a bit different with Star Wars.
The opening of Pandora was all about getting on FOP. After which people would linger for another 20 minutes and then move on to another part of the park. Of course, SWGE will also have crazy ride lines, but the big difference is that people will linger for the whole day. Huge crowd flow issue. Really interesting to think about how they handle this.

The opening of Pandora was all about getting on FOP. After which people would linger for another 20 minutes and then move on to another part of the park. Of course, SWGE will also have crazy ride lines, but the big difference is that people will linger for the whole day. Huge crowd flow issue. Really interesting to think about how they handle this.
I agree with that. Like Pandora’s opening day there will have to be a cap for how many people are actually inside the land and they will have one entrance and one exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter