Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet it opens right before they film Christmas stuff to really push it on Christmas morning. It will be insane to get in there. I was there for Pandora and I cant imagine what this will be like.

Is the current thinking that Oga’s Cantina and the SWGE table service restaurant are one and the same? I initially assumed Oga’s was a bar/lounge and there would be a different table service restaurant.

Is the current thinking that Oga’s Cantina and the SWGE table service restaurant are one and the same? I initially assumed Oga’s was a bar/lounge and there would be a different table service restaurant.
I could be totally wrong, but I thought it would be set up similar to other TS that have an attached lounge area. Maybe not though.

There will be one quick service and one table service. I don’t remember which Oga’s is.

Seems like Oga’s will be the table service with a bar. Read a rumor somewhere that the quick service will be themed to pod-racing.

There will be one quick service and one table service. I don’t remember which Oga’s is.

Seems like Oga’s will be the table service with a bar. Read a rumor somewhere that the quick service will be themed to pod-racing.

Seems like things are 100% known yet but I recall seeing that Oga's is the cantina that has the real bar/cantina area and then the Table Service is part of that two, but separate from the main cantina area - and then there is the totally separate quick service

hadn't heard about the pod-racing aspect, but I could see it being like where the pod racers got their food similar to how Sautu'li Canteen is where the workers there got their food

Well, it looks like one of the ATAT's will be moving it's head and cannons; that is exactly what I hoped for.

Is there any news on the Star Wars hotel such as when we would be able to start making reservations/bookings for stays?

Well, it looks like one of the ATAT's will be moving it's head and cannons; that is exactly what I hoped for.

I think the head movement is embellishment for the video. You can see that the head if fixed to the rest of the body frame work. I could definitly see the guns moving and there being some sort of lighting laser effect.

upload_2018-12-29_17-54-10.png

The sooner in Fall would be better for me since I have a 5 nite DVC Reservation at BCV over Thanksgiving. For some reason, I though that when they announced the project that it was slated in the latter part of Fall. I don’t keep up with the announcements, so they may have moved the timetable up (or in the case of late Fall versus Fall, a little more vague).

I think we’re still a couple years out on this - maybe reservations in about 18 mos.
Oh interesting, for some reason I thought the Star Wars hotel would be opening at or around the same time as Galaxy's Edge... There's not much information out there about the hotel so I couldn't tell.

The sooner in Fall would be better for me since I have a 5 nite DVC Reservation at BCV over Thanksgiving. For some reason, I though that when they announced the project that it was slated in the latter part of Fall. I don’t keep up with the announcements, so they may have moved the timetable up (or in the case of late Fall versus Fall, a little more vague).
It was originally late Fall but it is not just Fall.

Unfortunately, "late Fall" is part of "Fall" so all that they've done by changing it from the former to the latter is make the opening date less clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter