• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotta be Debbie Downer on the new revelations.

1. I wish this was based on the original movies

2. How long until the menu is gutted because the food is not usual fare (like Pandora's food).

Other than that everything looks great.

Well, Pandora has kept largely the same food. I am sure there will be some tweaks and some that really aren’t selling removed and perhaps a few less exotic looking things added - but I would be surprised if we start seeing just regular chicken nuggets and burgers and stuff

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-10-jpg.385404

YEAH...a Spork :)

Has Disney maintained that Jedi robes/hoods are OK, or do we expect and update to the costume policy again? It seems that if they are selling these items in the parks people should be able to wear them there.

Unlike Pandora, I'm thinking that if they do breakfast it will stay open.
Has there been a confirmation of a breakfast menu ?

One concern I have on ROTR is the trackless marks on the floor I have seen on these types of ride. It almost projects exactly the "tracking" that your vehicle will go. I do wonder if Disney chose the correct flooring/casters (or whatever they call them) to mask this effect.

Notice it mentions that your performance is tracked through the Disney Play app ... will that be for both coasts or just CA? Wondering if Magic Bands can/will be used in WDW

Mostly asking as the play app doesn’t work so great on my phone and drains the battery and I’d rather not have to get a new phone just for this

I think the app announcement is pretty disappointing. As usual, Disney’s apps aren’t always all that functional. But the bigger issue I have is that this pretty much relegates the reputation stuff to being very minimal, which is what I expected but I was hoping for something more.

One concern I have on ROTR is the trackless marks on the floor I have seen on these types of ride. It almost projects exactly the "tracking" that your vehicle will go. I do wonder if Disney chose the correct flooring/casters (or whatever they call them) to mask this effect.

I know at least for some (Mystic Manor for example) the cars move over multiple paths within the same room so even if you can make out the paths you don’t know what order you will go over one paths

I would also expect this ride to be a bit darker as far as laway hating other than the show pieces

I definitely get where you are coming from but I think (hope) it won’t be too big of an issue

I know at least for some (Mystic Manor for example) the cars move over multiple paths within the same room so even if you can make out the paths you don’t know what order you will go over one paths

I would also expect this ride to be a bit darker as far as laway hating other than the show pieces

I definitely get where you are coming from but I think (hope) it won’t be too big of an issue

True. Perhaps a more matte floor finish combined with a harder compound caster would help. We'll see.

True. Perhaps a more matte floor finish combined with a harder compound caster would help. We'll see.

what is nice with these rides, at least some of them (again, I can speak mostly about Mystic Manor) is that each car will have some minor differences in their paths ... so for Mystic Manor in one scene the cars each go to different corners each with slightly different effects ... so there is the potential for slightly different rides giving it a bit of increased readability (even if the key parts of the experience are the same)

what is nice with these rides, at least some of them (again, I can speak mostly about Mystic Manor) is that each car will have some minor differences in their paths ... so for Mystic Manor in one scene the cars each go to different corners each with slightly different effects ... so there is the potential for slightly different rides giving it a bit of increased readability (even if the key parts of the experience are the same)

In thinking about this further, I would consider "painting" false travel paths to keep the guests guessing on the actual path. The false path would have to replicate the actual/real path over millions of runs.

So is Docking Bay 7 a QS or TS restaurant? Paste says QS, but EW refers to it as a sit down restaurant? So excited!!

from what @rteetz is saying, it is a QS and the TS got scrapped .... but I think it will be a larger QS with a seating area vs the other QS which will be more of a walk up stand with no dedicated seating
Interesting. So no TS restaurant. Do you think they were worried about crowds? And people staying there FOREVER? You can turn and burn more tables with QS than with TS.

Interesting. So no TS restaurant. Do you think they were worried about crowds? And people staying there FOREVER? You can turn and burn more tables with QS than with TS.

I bet crowds played a role and just logistics of it and, from initial concept arts it talked of having a show element to it and just seemed very elaborate. So my guess is just timing in finishing the lands and budget was a factor too

as @rteetz mention the land allocated to the TS has not been replaced with anything so I could definitely see one being added at some point - at least on one coast

I would have thought the opposite -- why not have a TS restaurant that will eat guests for a while longer than a QS will and the pulls in $$? I don't get it, and I'm disappointed that there's not TS option at open.

I would have thought the opposite -- why not have a TS restaurant that will eat guests for a while longer than a QS will and the pulls in $$? I don't get it, and I'm disappointed that there's not TS option.
I think they are thinking capacity right now. People are going to want to eat Star Wars themed food and experience dining venues. Having two quick services keeps people moving and satisfies more guests than a TS would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter