Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
although they could cover with previews/soft openings vs full opening if there truly are delays. I assume their intent is for it to be fully open in June but if there are legit delays I bet they could have some sort of preview / soft opening on June 30th and still say they opened in June

On the flip side if they are ready early they could start those previews in May and then have Full Opening in June

In either scenario Iger would still technically be correct if they want to spin it that way

Yes, Iger has given himself a 30 day window to get it correct. Just goes to show ya that even though their only about 4 months away from opening, they still cant give an exact date, but thats how construction works. There was also mention of "wind" delays that could push back the opening. Usually, the major wind delays are associated with crane activities, high winds 25+mph will ground any complex lifts but it looks like most all major structual lifts are complete or real close so unless there are other major activities where wind causes delays, i cant see wind pushing out the opening past June. Plus, alot of the work thats left is on the inside. Like u, i also believe they could b ready for soft opening in may if they really wanted and pushed for it so by announcing an opening in June gives them a huge window their confident in, including any delays they might encounter.

I'll preface this post by saying it is remotely, at best, tied to SWGE and the bar. I thought they have some named drinks that are tied into the land. Now almost everyone knows about the blue milk in A New Hope, but I recently watched Empire again. The scene where Vader meets Han and team, there appeared to be a blue drink on the dining table. So I need someone more of an original trilogy Star Wars geek than me to chime in on whether Han/Leia/Chewy/Lando actually had a meal with Vader/Fett. You can see a table setting (not sure if there is food laid out) and Vader sits down like he is ready to host lunch/dinner. Maybe there is more information in books, etc.? It's just bothered me for decades.

I'll preface this post by saying it is remotely, at best, tied to SWGE and the bar. I thought they have some named drinks that are tied into the land. Now almost everyone knows about the blue milk in A New Hope, but I recently watched Empire again. The scene where Vader meets Han and team, there appeared to be a blue drink on the dining table. So I need someone more of an original trilogy Star Wars geek than me to chime in on whether Han/Leia/Chewy/Lando actually had a meal with Vader/Fett. You can see a table setting (not sure if there is food laid out) and Vader sits down like he is ready to host lunch/dinner. Maybe there is more information in books, etc.? It's just bothered me for decades.
I'm not enough of a star wars fan to know the answer......but wouldn't it be awkward to have vader remove his helmet to be able to get stuff in his mouth to eat?

Star Wars Galaxy Edge promotional posters via WDWNT on twitter:
Dz253eQXgAAt2HH.jpg

Dz253ehX4AAY9kI.jpg

Eh? I don’t get it...
I could be wrong but I think they were referring to the aspect that SWGE is not going to be heavily marketed like other lands as the running thought is..there's no need for such heavy marketing thus posters used up what they allocated for marketing (said in a joking manner of course).

Eh? I don’t get it...

I could be wrong but I think they were referring to the aspect that SWGE is not going to be heavily marketed like other lands as the running thought is..there's no need for such heavy marketing thus posters used up what they allocated for marketing (said in a joking manner of course).

In the most recent earnings call, Bob Iger joked that he could just send out a tweet announcing Galaxy's Edge's opening and social media would take care of the rest because of how highly-anticipated this is. He said he would tell marketing to plan on having a very small advertising budget for SW:GE. That's what I was referring to. :)

In the most recent earnings call, Bob Iger joked that he could just send out a tweet announcing Galaxy's Edge's opening and social media would take care of the rest because of how highly-anticipated this is. He said he would tell marketing to plan on having a very small advertising budget for SW:GE. That's what I was referring to. :)
Got it...thanks!

not surprised there is a height requirement given the change in elevation, but 40" is a bit higher than I was expecting. That is the same as Tower of Terror. Surprised it is more than Slinky Dog or Mine Train

I now "drop" is different than the kills on Pirates or Frozen Ever After but those have no height restriction and have about a story drop to them

not surprised there is a height requirement given the change in elevation, but 40" is a bit higher than I was expecting. That is the same as Tower of Terror. Surprised it is more than Slinky Dog or Mine Train

I now "drop" is different than the kills on Pirates or Frozen Ever After but those have no height restriction and have about a story drop to them

It's probably a combination of elevation AND the type of restraints needed to hold people in their seats based on the movement of the vehicle. The height requirement might be an indicator of just how much the ride will jostle the riders, or how much movement is really going to happen.

It's probably a combination of elevation AND the type of restraints needed to hold people in their seats based on the movement of the vehicle. The height requirement might be an indicator of just how much the ride will jostle the riders, or how much movement is really going to happen.

yeah, at 40" you are at Star Tours, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain .. so guess that level of thrill and movement and restraint needed

Am I a bad person if my reaction to that height rumor is "yay shorter lines"?! ;)

Suppose that is one side effect though I don’t know how much of an impact it will have

Personally o am a bit susprised that it is this high as I assume the Falcon rise will have one as well based on other simulators and of that is the case that is a bit of a bummer that a lot of kids won’t be able to ride either ride - and a lot of kids shorter than 40” are into Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter