Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really curious to learn how crowds will be handled at WDW. I am hoping for a virtual queue.

This is Disneyland related for now but could have similar guidelines at WDW.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/disne...offered-no-standby-allowed-to-enter-the-land/

I find this quote from the USA Today article to be interesting:
"What about at Disney World?
Similar crowd-control measures have not been announced for Walt Disney World in Florida, where Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens Aug. 29.

Officials have said reservations will not be needed, and they don't expect a free-for-all at this time.

But don't be surprised if officials implement crowd-control measures based on what they discover during the first three months of Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland."

They "don't expect a free-for-all at this time"? I sure hope they know what they are doing!

I find this quote from the USA Today article to be interesting:
"What about at Disney World?
Similar crowd-control measures have not been announced for Walt Disney World in Florida, where Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens Aug. 29.

Officials have said reservations will not be needed, and they don't expect a free-for-all at this time.

But don't be surprised if officials implement crowd-control measures based on what they discover during the first three months of Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland."

They "don't expect a free-for-all at this time"? I sure hope they know what they are doing!
They will be using crowd control measures for sure.

So I've just managed to change my flights from Thursday AM to mid afternoon, which would give me the morning at HS (need to leave for airport at around midday). I know it's going to be jammed packed, but from people's experience of Pandora and TSL, would we be able to get in to see the Land during the morning if I arrive early? (not expecting to get on the ride itself due to the lengthy queue)

So I've just managed to change my flights from Thursday AM to mid afternoon, which would give me the morning at HS (need to leave for airport at around midday). I know it's going to be jammed packed, but from people's experience of Pandora and TSL, would we be able to get in to see the Land during the morning if I arrive early? (not expecting to get on the ride itself due to the lengthy queue)

I think it's impossible to say until we know more about how they are going to handle entry into the land. I don't think you can even compare what happened with Pandora and TSL to this, but even using them as a guide there were 4-6 hour waits to get into the lands on opening weekend.

I think it's impossible to say until we know more about how they are going to handle entry into the land. I don't think you can even compare what happened with Pandora and TSL to this, but even using them as a guide there were 4-6 hour waits to get into the lands on opening weekend.
Thanks for that. Fortunately I was able to push off my flight to 6.30pm from MCO, which would give us the majority of the day in HS

Any chance there will be a soft opening? They had such a thing for New Fantasyland when it opened- we were there for that and the “actual” opening. I recall the camera crews reporting (possibly GMA). Or early access to DVC members (as part of a soft opening)?

Any chance there will be a soft opening? They had such a thing for New Fantasyland when it opened- we were there for that and the “actual” opening. I recall the camera crews reporting (possibly GMA). Or early access to DVC members (as part of a soft opening)?
Maybe but don’t bet on it. Disney has said no AP or DVC previews for Disneyland but nothing as of yet for WDW.

talk about level ground for everyone, wow. I am actually surprised at this.
I’m really interested to see what WDW does compared to DL. WDW isn’t doing the hotel reservation of course so how will they handle opening day is the biggest question right now.

I’m really interested to see what WDW does compared to DL. WDW isn’t doing the hotel reservation of course so how will they handle opening day is the biggest question right now.
I still think a response will come once DL opens, they probably will give it 2 weeks to a month before announcing what, if anything, will be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter