• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Not sure if this has been answered -are the droids eligible to be shipped home like other Disney merchandise? I'm looking at the sizes of them and would definitely like not having to factor that into packing up when leaving (more room for other souvenirs!)

I mentioned in an earlier post that we shipped our lightsaber home from the mail office in the BWI convention center. If they can ship a lightsaber, I'm sure they can ship a droid. You could try any of the mail offices at any of the WDW resort convention centers. I shipped it UPS, 5-7 day ground on Monday and actually received it today. I added an extra $100 insurance (it comes with $100 insurance), but for the droid, you would be pretty much covered with the insurance included in the shipment.

Not sure if this has been answered -are the droids eligible to be shipped home like other Disney merchandise? I'm looking at the sizes of them and would definitely like not having to factor that into packing up when leaving (more room for other souvenirs!)
I was watching a video review of the R units and it seems the approximate dimensions are 13h x 8.5w x 5.75 depth. I may try and cushion mine in a carry-on 😂

I was thinking, that if I can't get a slot for the Droid Depot, I might just get the premade R2. I assume I could get that from the shop even if I'm not actually building one... (I saw them on a DL video tour) I was wondering if anyone has one of those and if they do all of the same things as the build-your-own droids?

I built mine at GE DLR and they doesn't seem to have a clue of what to do.
It has been almost a month since I called about my problem, then they told me to send an email, I did.
They are still "looking into" and sent the information to their In Park Galaxy's Edge team for review
Thank you for reporting! I ran searches on the DL board but found nothing in regards to saber problems.

And while at DL, my DD, who is a WDW CM, didn’t want me to ask the Savi OPs CMs because she said they wouldn’t know and then we got side-tracked by our datapads and the Play app.

Please report back if Disney can resolve your saber problems. 😊

True for Savi's and Oga's but Droid Depot still has a lot of availability for September.
Do you have to call to make reservation? I can't even pull up the page, every time I do I get the Wreck it Ralph Oops page! I am wanting to make a reservation for February.

Do you have to call to make reservation? I can't even pull up the page, every time I do I get the Wreck it Ralph Oops page! I am wanting to make a reservation for February.
I’m seeing Availability for each day in Feb that’s within the 180 days.

I used my iPhone’s browser.

We're planning a spring break (late March 2020) trip and CANNOT WAIT to see Galaxy's Edge. Decided we def need to build a family droid and have a million questions. Reservations required? How far in advance? I thought I saw somewhere only 2 ppl per group....what does a parent with their 2 kids do? :( Can we send our droid back to the resort for a nap when we leave Galaxy's Edge or must he ride on Tower of Terror with us? So many questions.....so so excited!!!

We're planning a spring break (late March 2020) trip and CANNOT WAIT to see Galaxy's Edge. Decided we def need to build a family droid and have a million questions. Reservations required? How far in advance? I thought I saw somewhere only 2 ppl per group....what does a parent with their 2 kids do? :( Can we send our droid back to the resort for a nap when we leave Galaxy's Edge or must he ride on Tower of Terror with us? So many questions.....so so excited!!!

Reservations are the only way to guarantee you can do it. That being said, opening day they allowed a very long queue to form for it. Standby queues may not be too bad by the time you go. Reservation people walked right in. Inside theres two seperate lines, one for reservations, one for those without. It looked like if anyone was in the reservation line they were called forward first. You can make reservations the standard 180 days out.

If you’re a single parent with two young kids they’ll probably let all three of you in; they don’t want unsupervised kids. If you have two adults they may or may not let two kids go in with one adult.

I don’t know about sending the droid to the hotel or front of park after you leave the depot, maybe someone else does. Maybe your droid could fix the elevators :p

Reservations are the only way to guarantee you can do it. That being said, opening day they allowed a very long queue to form for it. Standby queues may not be too bad by the time you go. Reservation people walked right in. Inside theres two seperate lines, one for reservations, one for those without. It looked like if anyone was in the reservation line they were called forward first. You can make reservations the standard 180 days out.

If you’re a single parent with two young kids they’ll probably let all three of you in; they don’t want unsupervised kids. If you have two adults they may or may not let two kids go in with one adult.

I don’t know about sending the droid to the hotel or front of park after you leave the depot, maybe someone else does. Maybe your droid could fix the elevators :p
Thank you. Yes, it is me...single parent...and two kids....how on earth (or any planet) would I pick which kid to bring for droid building and which to leave sitting sadly outside?? :) I usually don't quite concern myself with ressies 180 days in advance bc we just aren't ADR people however, we NEED to build our droid.......so remind me please, I can book things 180 days out once I have my room reservation booked correct? Don't need our park tickets yet?
You don't even have to be a star wars fan to see how immersive and amazing this land is going to be! I best start socking away souvie and food and drink money NOW for March!!!

Yes, you can book 180 days out. You don’t need a resort reservation. Anyone can book at 180. If you are onsite it is 180+10 from check in for dining. I am not sure if DD and Savi’s follow the plus ten rule for onsite guests. Our trips were within 180 when the reservations opened up.

You do not need park tickets to make ADRs but you would need tickets for Fastpasses.

Anyone can book 180 days out. No tickets/passes needed. Hotel reservations let you book for your entire stay when your first day is 180 days out. Very few days past opening week are booked solid. Oga’s is a different story; if you want to do that you will need to book 180+ days out. Savi’s might be like that too.

There’s room for a parent and two kids to build, you can stand behind them and watch/assist. I really don’t think it’ll be an issue unless one of your kids is a teen- then they might say have the teen supervise the youngling.

I don’t know if it was a glitch, but when I logged on at 4:30am central time this morning to get ready for my 5am ADR grab (180 days out today for me), I was able to go ahead and book Savi’s. They seemed to have a lot of openings.

Try using a different browser. The link doesn't always work for me on chrome, but will on explorer. There is a lot of availability for droid depot. And if you don't find a good day or time that works for you, keep checking back.

Must be meant to be.. I was just checking out some stuff and headed over the Savi page to read about it, and there was an opening for when I'll be there in a little over a week!!!! So..... I may actually get that lightsaber after all!!

I believe it is a hard plastic but not a cheap material either. It could break if you are too rough with it.

My son has said he wants to make 2 droids when we go. I assume this means he would need 2 reservations or would he be able to make 2 at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter