Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

At various shopping areas throughout Disney you can purchase lightsabers for Rey and Kylo Ren that lightup and include the blade. They retail for about $150-$200 depending on the saber. Does anyone know, how do these differ from the legacy/character saber replicas you can buy from the antique store? In the antique store, you can get certain character lightsaber hilts that include a case. Does anyone know the specific differences between these?

I did not have any issues. I checked the hilt and just carried on the blade in the bag they gave me. No issues going through security or once on board.

I did AP preview and TSA gave it a good inspection. Original guy at machine was like you might need to check that (I’m thinking no way) but guy who checked it all out was really nice and clearly a SW fan who knew about GE and savi’s. I was getting web response up from them in case of any issues

Any experiences with leaving the saber with Bell Services on departure day? We have a 8PM flight, and were going to head to MK on departure day and would be leaving our carry on luggage with Bell Services. Just wondering if there is anything I should consider when leaving the custom saber with them.

At various shopping areas throughout Disney you can purchase lightsabers for Rey and Kylo Ren that lightup and include the blade. They retail for about $150-$200 depending on the saber. Does anyone know, how do these differ from the legacy/character saber replicas you can buy from the antique store? In the antique store, you can get certain character lightsaber hilts that include a case. Does anyone know the specific differences between these?
Not sure, that's in line with legacy plus blade pricing.. But can't answer for sure..

Any experiences with leaving the saber with Bell Services on departure day? We have a 8PM flight, and were going to head to MK on departure day and would be leaving our carry on luggage with Bell Services. Just wondering if there is anything I should consider when leaving the custom saber with them.

LOTS of prayers.....................

You should be good, on a side note I had my saber delivered to my resort rather then lug it around all day and worry about it when going to other rides and had no issues, it was well taken care of, love that this can be done!!!

LOTS of prayers.....................

You should be good, on a side note I had my saber delivered to my resort rather then lug it around all day and worry about it when going to other rides and had no issues, it was well taken care of, love that this can be done!!!

I leave the day after I go to HS, so won't be able to do resort delivery, but I will have it sent to the front of the park once I am done building it so I can enjoy the rest of the day without worrying what to do with it on rides.

My youngest built his droid yesterday - it's pretty cool I have to say. He didn't buy any accessories like personality chip etc. Couple of questions - is there anything else it can do, like interact with anything outside of Galaxy's Edge? Do the personality chips add much more to what it can do? Is there a website with all this info on - this thread is so big I can't easily find much info on the droid and their full features! Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We'll be leaving ours with Bell Services all day on check out day. I figure they've had LOTS of experience with them and if something did happen, you'd have recourse to get a new blade. Sure it would be a PITA but if Bell Services breaks it, I expect it would be made right.

My youngest built his droid yesterday - it's pretty cool I have to say. He didn't buy any accessories like personality chip etc. Couple of questions - is there anything else it can do, like interact with anything outside of Galaxy's Edge? Do the personality chips add much more to what it can do? Is there a website with all this info on - this thread is so big I can't easily find much info on the droid and their full features! Thanks
See here
We probably will end up asking about the smuggler interactions at Droid Depot. DS said he doesn't want a smuggler chip if it's "boring". lol
We found a great video that shows all the different sounds the personality chips make. Sounds start at about 30 min.

How has merchandise availability been? I really want to buy a back pack for by droid. Are they running low or out of stuff like that?
Thanks!

Same question as above except for the character/legacy lightsabers. How is availability for those been in general, and specifically for Ahsoka’s?

Here is R3-D55 (I’m calling him “Red”), built on August 30. Some of the trim is paint, I did that rather than buy decals. Got him the black chip. It was a quick build, there were so few people present that I got done before the time of my reservation. The reservation did allow me to bypass a line of other droid builders though.
No issues taking him on the plane in a carry on bag.
2532852C-6464-47D9-8D21-2F2886B4CD2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is R3-D55 (I’m calling him “Red”), built on August 30. Some of the trim is paint, I did that rather than buy decals. Got him the black chip. It was a quick build, there were so few people present that I got done before the time of my reservation. The reservation did allow me to bypass a line of other droid builders though.
No issues taking him on the plane in a carry on bag.
View attachment 434967
Curious. I was NOT allowed to use the reservation line when I went earlier than my time. How much earlier were you? I was over 60 min, but less than 90 min, early.
So this is must either something that varies by CM or how early you are

How is it getting into Doc Andars? (Sp?) Is there typically a line? Is there a recommended time to go during EEMH or during the normal park hours?

In a FB group, a few have reported having issues with TSA where the saber is concerned. Anybody here have any issues so far?
We had none whatsoever when we flew SWA on Sept 6
We had them hold ours on our last day. They out a "fragile" sticker in it ;)
How is it getting into Doc Andars? (Sp?) Is there typically a line? Is there a recommended time to go during EEMH or during the normal park hours?
It was bad when we went on opening day but I think it's been ok lately. We did have to wait to get in on another evening the end of august.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter