• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

cause it ain't free (for many)
Bag fees is why I have the airline cards

Then by all means PACK LIGHTER!!!

The lady we sat by and this was on Southwest which gives you 2 free checked bags, dropped her cane on the mans head by us, then slammed his head once more with her all to over stuffed, HUGE bag on the head, that poor man, CHECK IT IT!

In a FB group, a few have reported having issues with TSA where the saber is concerned. Anybody here have any issues so far?

DH and DS will be going to DHS for Savis and droid experience. They will be meeting us after at MK that evening for MVMCP. What to do with the saber and droid? Can we leave somewhere in MK to pickup at end of party? How quick does the send to resort option happen as our ME pickup is 0900 the following morning?

I have read report after report of resort delivery resulting in a broken saber/droid. Have it taken to the front of the park and pick it up on your way out.

Has anyone had any luck with getting more than one guest into Savi’s with the builder? We have a reservation for my husband at the end of September and both my boys (6 and 9) want to join him to watch...fingers crossed but preparing for some tough negotiations!

All of the reports so far state that they are very strict about the policy. There really is not enough space to have families watching and the gatherers do their job.

Rise of the resistance opens Dec 5. SWGE will be insane that week.

If it looks anything like this opening has been, it may not. SWGE is not even as crowded as SDD. The other parks, even with the lower projected crowds, are getting the crowds they are expecting for this time of the year. SWGE just is not seeing the same.

If it looks anything like this opening has been, it may not. SWGE is not even as crowded as SDD. The other parks, even with the lower projected crowds, are getting the crowds they are expecting for this time of the year. SWGE just is not seeing the same.

I am sure that can be the fault of Disney themselves! With such a HUGE price increase all over the board, resorts, food, tickets, it is on the verge of do I want to go to Disney or somewhere in the middle of the Caribbean for a bit less with food and booze included.......They over estimated how people would react and some are staying away.

Has anyone had any luck with getting more than one guest into Savi’s with the builder? We have a reservation for my husband at the end of September and both my boys (6 and 9) want to join him to watch...fingers crossed but preparing for some tough negotiations!

The policy is strict at the present time.

I'm hoping to get into Savi's without a reservation during EEMHs at the end of October/first few days of November. I know Savi's is open for EEMH, and obviously this will vary day-to-day based on demand, but I was hoping for data points from people who have experienced how getting in reservation-less has been working in the mornings to at least understand potential possibilities, trends, and how Disney and the crowds are approaching this situation. (And any advice people have on how that might affect touring plan strategies for DHS in general is welcome!).

Specifically, I'm curious about the following:
  • Is Savi's handing out appointments for time slots between ~6AM-9AM (which I believe cannot be reserved?) on a first come first served basis? (Or do you need to queue until a slot opens for you?)
  • If they're handing out time slots, any one have data points on what time they showed up and what time(s) they were given/offered?
  • Has anyone noticed if a lot of people are trying to rope drop this right as they get in?
Thanks for any intel you all can provide! Greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to get into Savi's without a reservation during EEMHs at the end of October/first few days of November. I know Savi's is open for EEMH, and obviously this will vary day-to-day based on demand, but I was hoping for data points from people who have experienced how getting in reservation-less has been working in the mornings to at least understand potential possibilities, trends, and how Disney and the crowds are approaching this situation. (And any advice people have on how that might affect touring plan strategies for DHS in general is welcome!).

Specifically, I'm curious about the following:
  • Is Savi's handing out appointments for time slots between ~6AM-9AM (which I believe cannot be reserved?) on a first come first served basis? (Or do you need to queue until a slot opens for you?)
  • If they're handing out time slots, any one have data points on what time they showed up and what time(s) they were given/offered?
  • Has anyone noticed if a lot of people are trying to rope drop this right as they get in?
Thanks for any intel you all can provide! Greatly appreciated.
Moved you to the SWGE Merchandise thread where Savi’s during EEMH has been discussed.

In a FB group, a few have reported having issues with TSA where the saber is concerned. Anybody here have any issues so far?

I did not have any issues. I checked the hilt and just carried on the blade in the bag they gave me. No issues going through security or once on board.

I did not have any issues. I checked the hilt and just carried on the blade in the bag they gave me. No issues going through security or once on board.
Not in Orlando as they knew exactly what it was and had zero issues carrying it on the plane this was with SWA.....May I also suggest keeping it in one piece as that way there is one less item to worry about....

I feel like I asked this already but I don’t see my post or the answer. Does anyway know if you have a reservation for the Droid Depot but are able to do a walk up earlier in the same day will they waive your cancellation fee for the later same day reservation?

I feel like I asked this already but I don’t see my post or the answer. Does anyway know if you have a reservation for the Droid Depot but are able to do a walk up earlier in the same day will they waive your cancellation fee for the later same day reservation?
Yes; you asked this in an Oga’s thread:
So did you have an appointment for that same day and they allowed you to cancel it without penalty because you did it earlier?

What you need to do when you walk up is tell the CM you have a reservation for later in the day but want to walk-up now. The CM will clear your reservation.

Waive automatically no. You cancel without fee, yes.
What you need to do when you walk up is tell the CM you have a reservation for later in the day but want to walk-up now. The CM will clear your reservation.
They did not clear the reservation for me.
I did this exact thing, had a reservation but was ready to go about 90 min prior to my reservation. Rather than wait around I got in the stand by line. I figured, if I didn't get in by the time for my reservation, so be it, I'd use it instead. I got in within about 15 min. When I checked in I told the CM we had a reservation for later. She said I needed to cancel it. So I did. No fine/fee. But the CM did nothing in regards to it

Last edited:
I'm here now, but have other parks planned, if anyone is in SWGE that sees this. If you see they have white or yellow crystals or blue personality chips, if you can post here they are back in stock I'll head over!!! Leaving Saturday and HOPE Hondo can aquire some more before then!!!

December is not in Hurricane season, so I do not expect a repeat of Dorian-like low wait times. It is also a much busier time of year in terms of baseline crowds. I also noticed that within a day of the RoTR date announcement, hotel and restaurant availability for my November dates went WAY up, which suggests people switched because they don't want to go to SWGE until it gets its main e-ticket attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter