• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half....any new info?

I read the above comment about the rD staff being stretched thin...but I sure wish they would do a couple of races in cities where they have Disney stores. That might thin the running masses a little at the races at the parks.

That is genius!!!

A friend who is big into RunDisney races noticed some interesting things on the Avengers promo announcement. They are not here for me to ask and I forgot, but the bib numbers were significant. It matched up to the month and day of the race. But there was another bib and they seem to think it may, just may, have something to do with a Star Wars race. But I think the big referred to 9 (September).

But May is brutal in Florida and Star Wars month is packed enough, so what better way to bring in people at other times. I'll have to recheck and get the details.

You can't really have a race longer than a 10K in Florida in September,a lot of rain paired with heavy heat and humidity,even at night it feels extra thick.Even for the TOT 10 miler in October the humidity was bad,I finished drenched in sweat and saw several people throwing up afterwards.Worse than the heat is that rain in September is almost a daily thing.You also have TOT right there behind it,TOT's dates are borderline for the weather,it's still bad but right at the end of the heat,rain and humidity,the weather doesn't really start to turn until mid to late October.If they plan on a Star Wars race I want at least a half marathon,May's temperatures are also hot but a bit lower than September and it's a lot less rainy.I think a night half marathon in May would be great.

Just looked at the bib numbers again and it was 925. September 2nd is a Tuesday and all races and registrations are on Tuesdays. And 5 could signify May. I'm thinking Expedition Everest will be suspended due to work and Star Wars will be launched and taking place in May of next year.

Or maybe, 925 are just some random numbers. But I hate to say it, hope the first race isn't until 2016. Gotta save up some money!!!!

So you think registration for a Star Wars half could open up on Tuesday September 2nd for a May race.Just in case I'm requesting that day off from work right now!!

So you think registration for a Star Wars half could open up on Tuesday September 2nd for a May race.Just in case I'm requesting that day off from work right now!!

I'm with you there! I told myself I was done with the Disney races after I do the 2015 marathon weekend, but I'd HAVE to run a Star Wars race!!

My thoughts on January was that the Tink was MLK weekend thus the move. I know that the runD staff was stretched thine to cover marathon weekend and then run think the following weekend. My thoughts are that was the key reason for the move.

Do you know if there was ever a reason mentioned why they changed it to MLK? I always wondered why they went from the last weekend Jan the 1st year to the weekend right after WDW year 2.

The decision came from a higher pay scale than my friends. I know the EMMI folks had to scramble big time to make a back to back and coast to coast set of races happen.

The decision came from a higher pay scale than my friends. I know the EMMI folks had to scramble big time to make a back to back and coast to coast set of races happen.

But what about wine and dine and avengers? Aren't they back to back coast to coast? I know they aren't as big as marathon weekend but still are back to back weeks.

Great idea but seriously won't happen... The runD staff is already stretched thin on non-WDW events.....

Lol, yeah, I know this is never going to happen. It's just one of those things I thought of- if *I* were in charge of runDisney, how would I deal with this particular themed race? Goodness, it seems like runDisney events pull in enough money that they certainly could hire extra help or have people TAD for events. But I also know that I truly have no idea how any of these things work behind the scenes, so all my so very, very awesomely helpful suggestions amount to nothing more than backseat driving. But, hey, that's what internet discussion boards are for, right?! :rotfl2:

It's sort of funny that EE (rumored to be the last EE, too) is May 3rd, and Sunday is May 4th. Not that rD would make an announcement on a Sunday.

It's sort of funny that EE (rumored to be the last EE, too) is May 3rd, and Sunday is May 4th. Not that rD would make an announcement on a Sunday.

For what it's worth, over in the 2014 EEC topic, somebody shared an Active link for 2015 EEC Volunteer Registration. A link doesn't necessarily set in stone that it will be back, but then neither do the rumors of its demise set in stone that it won't. . .

Like I said, the bib number could simply be just that, a bib number, but the way Disney likes to slip things into movies and how they slipped the Avengers into the bib, it's interesting. I think with the heat and humidity and with May be the month for Star Wars, what better way to kick it off.

Has to be a night run though, right, I mean, the darkness of Star Wars!!!!!

Please let it be 2016.....I am so there!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

A couple of years back they announced the date of the Wine & Dine Half a few places before changing it to make way for the Tower of Terror 10-miler...just sayin'. :stir:

Yippeeeee!!!!

My daughter will be so happy! Now we just need to get her knee healed. Her six-week post-op results were not encouraging:(.

Based on the brochure, I think that means tonight is almost definitely the last Expedition Everest. No registration date, and there's always a registration date, even when they plan on moving the race like W&D a few years ago.

I talked to three runDisney ppl, who all said EEC will continue, and that all the rumors about SW are highly exaggerated. But of course they're going to say that.

I think we'll know better around TofT, or maybe as late as W&D.

Might just be a "may the fourth be with you" kind of thing, but I liked the Darth Vader pics that run Disney put up on their Facebook page.

Around the time Avengers was announced I planned on doing coast to coast with Avengers 2015 and WDW 1/2 2015, I sent RunDisney an email about could I change my registration to a SW 1/2 if it was later announced, since I would rather do a SW 1/2, all they said was I could defer to 2016 WDW 1/2 but didn't indicate anything of SW 1/2 of course.

I'm predicting if we hear anything soon, it's going to be at dl in place of Tink. If Star Wars weekends go by without announcement, then it's possible for WDW in May.

I'm hoping they hold off until 2016. I will definitely do a Star Wars in WDW but then that means doing the Avengers in Cali for the Coast to Coast. So I need some time to save money. Lots and lots of money!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter