Star Wars Half....any new info?

I'm predicting if we hear anything soon, it's going to be at dl in place of Tink. If Star Wars weekends go by without announcement, then it's possible for WDW in May.

I'm thinking they'll announce it at the last 'event' of the last Star Wars Weekend, to be in the former Tink spot, and to go on sale just before the DL ½.

:ewok::chewy::darth::yoda:

(Personal opinion: opening price point $190, sells out in 45 minutes)

I'm predicting if we hear anything soon, it's going to be at dl in place of Tink. If Star Wars weekends go by without announcement, then it's possible for WDW in May.

I'd love for it to be in place of Tink, though I'm not holding my breath. However I am saving my $ though just in case! Not sure if DH would buy off on me doing Avengers in November and Star Wars in Jan :rotfl:

I definitely think it will be a WDW race. It will probably be multiple races and night races. Sorry DL, but don't think it's going to happen for y'all.

Think it will eventually be in May!

Based on the brochure, I think that means tonight is almost definitely the last Expedition Everest. No registration date, and there's always a registration date, even when they plan on moving the race like W&D a few years ago.

All the speculation of the rumors has been that EEC was going away because of the planned construction of Avatarland, something which would have been known well in advance of ever ordering the brochure be printed. If they were planning to stop holding the race due to construction and/or replacing it with Star Wars, it doesn't seem like they'd bother including anything about a 2015 date.

I'd love for it to be in place of Tink, though I'm not holding my breath. However I am saving my $ though just in case! Not sure if DH would buy off on me doing Avengers in November and Star Wars in Jan :rotfl:

Start saving your money girl! :)

I'm guessing a 4 day race weekend starting on Thursday for the expo, 5k Friday, 10k Saturday and a half on Sunday during MLK weekend in DL. A possible 10k/half challenge also. Going on sale in the middle to end of June.

I'm guessing a 4 day race weekend starting on Thursday for the expo, 5k Friday, 10k Saturday and a half on Sunday during MLK weekend in DL. A possible 10k/half challenge also. Going on sale in the middle to end of June.

Yep. This.

I'll play. :thumbsup2

They will mirror the Avengers race and leave it as a 5k on Friday morning and a Half on Saturday night.

Seeing as its Star Wars naturally, it would take place at night. In WDW since it would be easier considering all the logistics they would have to jump through to get the city of Anaheim to allow them to close down their streets at that hour.

I see a 10k challenge eventually coming for both the Avengers and Star Wars, but I imagine they'll save that under their belts until the races are under an anniversary year. The hype alone will carry both races for a few years. No need for a 10k just yet.

Start of the race would take place in the parking lot of the MK and end at Hollywood Studios. Or mimic the TOT course but make up the extra three miles in wwos.

Announcement in August. Tickets going on sale in Sept. Weekend event kicks off SW weekends in May 2015. I'm basing this on the assumption that EC's registration omission on the brochure is their way of quietly ushering the event out of its slot. Or until they decide to move the event to a different period like what they did with Tink.

This is my ideal dream for this race:worship::worship::worship:

At first I was hoping for WDW but it could go to either and I'd be happy, I am going for the coast to coast in 2015, already signed up for WDW 1/2 and planned on 2015 Avengers but it would prob work out better for me if a SW 1/2 were at DL because I would rather do SW if I had to choose and if it were late May DD would prob be out of school.

Announcement in August. Tickets going on sale in Sept. Weekend event kicks off SW weekends in May 2015. I'm basing this on the assumption that EC's registration omission on the brochure is their way of quietly ushering the event out of its slot. Or until they decide to move the event to a different period like what they did with Tink.[/QUOTE]

Hey don't forget the bib theory, 925. September 2nd is a Tuesday and they always announce and start the sale on a Tuesday. 5 is the fifth month, May.

But I think EEC will still be around. Maybe just moved. I'm still hoping for 2016. I think DL is totally out. We all know it will be WDW.

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Did everyone see that Disney just released news about a Marathon weekend and Disney cruise in January challenge. Well, guess what, today is Wednesday and registration opens on a Friday. So the time true theory of announcements and registration opening always happening on Tuesdays just got blown out the water. So, the 925 bib on the Avengers release pic, could very well be September 25th, the day Disney announces a Star Wars Race!!!!

I just knew the DIS would not let me down and I found the thread about a SW race. LOL.

I was reading along and thought it was interesting that someone said, sorry forgot who, that the 2015 dates were listed in the brochure. So I went to the RD site to pull up the brochure and the only thing listed was the 2014 dates. Did they update the online version? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

TIA!

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Did everyone see that Disney just released news about a Marathon weekend and Disney cruise in January challenge. Well, guess what, today is Wednesday and registration opens on a Friday. So the time true theory of announcements and registration opening always happening on Tuesdays just got blown out the water. So, the 925 bib on the Avengers release pic, could very well be September 25th, the day Disney announces a Star Wars Race!!!!

?? This post is confusing me. ??

Is this about the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon weekend? Or something else? Or a Disney Cruise challenge?

What registration opens on Friday? THIS Friday?

Thanks!

?? This post is confusing me. ??

Is this about the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon weekend? Or something else? Or a Disney Cruise challenge?

What registration opens on Friday? THIS Friday?

Thanks!

They are offering a special challenge with a sailing on the January 12, 2015 sailing of the Disney Cruise Line Dream. Basically any distance run at WDW over Marathon Weekend in combination with the Castaway 5K will qualify you for the special challenge medal.

Here is the official Disney Blog about it: Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge

I just knew the DIS would not let me down and I found the thread about a SW race. LOL.

I was reading along and thought it was interesting that someone said, sorry forgot who, that the 2015 dates were listed in the brochure. So I went to the RD site to pull up the brochure and the only thing listed was the 2014 dates. Did they update the online version? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

TIA!
They were on a brochure past out at the EEC, it seems to take them a while to update the website. That is, if they do keep EEC.

ALERT ALERT ALERT Did everyone see that Disney just released news about a Marathon weekend and Disney cruise in January challenge. Well, guess what, today is Wednesday and registration opens on a Friday. So the time true theory of announcements and registration opening always happening on Tuesdays just got blown out the water. So, the 925 bib on the Avengers release pic, could very well be September 25th, the day Disney announces a Star Wars Race!!!!

But the registration is only for the castaway 5k for those participating in wdw narration weekend and taking the cruise. I wouldn't take it to mean they've changed everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter