Star Wars Half....any new info?

As much as I understand the high demand for more runDisney events at Disneyland, and wanting to even out the total number for each park, I find it a bit unfair that Disneyland gets both Avengers and Star Wars.

Definitely at Disneyland. The runDisney just posted a pic to instagram with Sleeping Beauty castle in the background. Womp womp.

It looks like the Cindy castle to me....I cannot tell the difference. However it really would not have made sense to have this race in January in Orlando...too close together.

So no word on when registration begins? I might consider it...the first Star Wars race in Cali? I think I might have to do that...would mean a bit of traveling in one week tho.

It looks like the Cindy castle to me....I cannot tell the difference. However it really would not have made sense to have this race in January in Orlando...too close together.

So no word on when registration begins? I might consider it...the first Star Wars race in Cali? I think I might have to do that...would mean a bit of traveling in one week tho.

That's Sleeping Beauty Castle.

It's Disneyland...as roomthreeseventeen says, that's Sleeping Beauty Castle, and apparently the Darth video posted on Facebook was filmed in Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

I'd have to think registration will open soon since it's right after Marathon Weekend...and registration for that was a month ago. Princess Half Registration begins in mid-July, so maybe over the next couple of weeks?

I'm out for Star Wars this year, I think, but I'm sure I'll do it at some point.

Well then... looks like I might be back in the runDisney game sooner than I thought! Was holding out until next fall for a rematch with my Wine & Dine nemesis while replenishing the run-cation funds. However.... Jan DL Star Wars Half holiday weekend??? I'm so there. I was going to pass on Tink next year with the date change but I love the DL races.... Gonna be a long training season again this fall :)

:yay: :yay: :yay:

As much as I understand the high demand for more runDisney events at Disneyland, and wanting to even out the total number for each park, I find it a bit unfair that Disneyland gets both Avengers and Star Wars.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really even understand the need to even things out with the total number of races for each park. WDW is a bigger park and has higher attendance, so it would make sense that WDW had more races than DL.

Registration is June 10th

http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-half-marathon/

Yeah, I agree. I don't really even understand the need to even things out with the total number of races for each park. WDW is a bigger park and has higher attendance, so it would make sense that WDW had more races than DL.

Registration is June 10th

http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-half-marathon/
Agreed. And now that I think more about it, it really isn't even. Disneyland now has 4 half marathons, while Disney World only has 3. I really think they need to trade in Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror for another half marathon weekend in Disney World. They could have a night race of some kind in May if heat is a concern for a half marathon. Considering how fast the Disney World races are selling out now, there's definitely high demand for more there as well.

Have fun y'all.

Would have loved for this to be in FL. Can't afford to fly out to Cali, and that's a bad time of year at work anyway.

Maybe on the bright side, this really, truly means the EEC isn't going anywhere.

Agreed. And now that I think more about it, it really isn't even. Disneyland now has 4 half marathons, while Disney World only has 3. I really think they need to trade in Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror for another half marathon weekend in Disney World. They could have a night race of some kind in May if heat is a concern for a half marathon. Considering how fast the Disney World races are selling out now, there's definitely high demand for more there as well.

I am hoping that they do decide to do something in WDW for Star Wars at a different time and are planning on announcing it separately.

SOOOOOO excited! Already signed up for Avengers and now I will upgrade my WDW Annual pass so it covers DL too. I'm in Oregon so this works very well for me! I am a little surprised it is at DL though.

Well this puts a wrench in my coast 2 coast plans, I may have to defer my WDW 1/2 to 2016 and do Star Wars Rebel Challenge and then pick a WDW half to complete the coast 2 coast. A lot of thinking to do before June 10.

SOOOO GLAD IT'S IN CALIFORNIA!!!! I was literally dreading running a 1/2 and 10k in the middle of May. No way rundisney was gonna risk it.

Now to hope for DVC, AP, or Chase early registration. :cool1:
Perfect birthday gift for hubby who's a big Star Wars geek. :darth::yoda::chewy:

I put a note in my calander to cease doing whatever at noon so I can sign up for this race!

I am signed up for the half in WDW in January...so that means I will fly down there for that race...probably fly home....then turn around and fly out west for the Star Wars Race.

For me it would kill two birds with one stone. Wanting to run a Star Wars race and wanting to run a race in Cali.

$$$ wise...well that's a different story. The cost. But since I am using points to travel and stay in Disney in January, the money saved from that expense will now be used for Cali.

Excited.:cool1:

I just went ahead and started a new "Official" Thread and will update it with info if you guys want to all join in there....

Let me ask this....for those who have stayed in Disneyland....the hotels....are they all spread apart like WDW? Does it matter what hotel I stay in? Can I walk from whatever hotel to the start line?

I have never been to Disneyland...drove by it once years and years ago before they had any hotels at all there.

I want to start planning this trip NOW!!!

Let me ask this....for those who have stayed in Disneyland....the hotels....are they all spread apart like WDW? Does it matter what hotel I stay in? Can I walk from whatever hotel to the start line?

I have never been to Disneyland...drove by it once years and years ago before they had any hotels at all there.

I want to start planning this trip NOW!!!

There are a boatload of Good Neighbor hotels easily within walking distance of the start line. The official Disney hotels are quite expensive for my taste (but I'm a cheap skate and have to be thrifty to be able to sign up for more runDisney events....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter