Star Wars Half....any new info?

Oh Boy! Was planning to take time of from Disney in general after the Glass Slipper in 2/15, but this changes everything. So very excited. And my son will be so much more impressed than he is with the princess medals;)

Oh Boy! Was planning to take time of from Disney in general after the Glass Slipper in 2/15, but this changes everything. So very excited. And my son will be so much more impressed than he is with the princess medals;)

i know. after DL, i wanted to wait a few years, but this is too enticing.

Time to start speculating - WDW or DL? Month? Half and 5K or more?

I do think it will be in WDW. DL just got the Avengers weekend so I think WDW will land this event. Plus more people are able to run at WDW. Just an educated guess.

But if WDW does host this event, when is a good question. DL could obviously have it in January shortly after the Marathon weekend. But WDW could have it shortly after the DL Half weekend.

Time to start speculating - WDW or DL? Month? Half and 5K or more?

I do think it will be in WDW. DL just got the Avengers weekend so I think WDW will land this event. Plus more people are able to run at WDW. Just an educated guess.

But if WDW does host this event, when is a good question. DL could obviously have it in January shortly after the Marathon weekend. But WDW could have it shortly after the DL Half weekend.

the biggest factor to consider (which can always be ruled out) is that they are announcing it now, between registration for WDW marathon and princess, which means the race itself will be between marathon and princess. the former tink spot is open, but i think we all agree star wars and avengers draws the same crowd so it would be odd to have both on the west coast. :scratchin

I'm so excited! :banana:

I really hope it ends up being in WDW, but I might try to make it even if it's in DL. Did it say when they would be making an official announcement?

the biggest factor to consider (which can always be ruled out) is that they are announcing it now, between registration for WDW marathon and princess, which means the race itself will be between marathon and princess. the former tink spot is open, but i think we all agree star wars and avengers draws the same crowd so it would be odd to have both on the west coast. :scratchin

Between the WDW marathon and the Princess? In WDW? Doubtful.

WDW marathon is Jan 7-11.
Princess is Feb 19-22.

Unless it's between the two on the west coast, or at one of the international parks, I'm still going with WDW in May - to kick off SW weekends.

Between the WDW marathon and the Princess? In WDW? Doubtful.

WDW marathon is Jan 7-11.
Princess is Feb 19-22.

Unless it's between the two on the west coast, or at one of the international parks, I'm still going with WDW in May - to kick off SW weekends.

believe me, i agree with you. three races within a month in WDW is too much (especially when one is a holiday weekend). the timing is consistent though. they wouldn't announce it and not have registration soon after, and registration is consistently eight months or so out.

believe me, i agree with you. three races within a month in WDW is too much (especially when one is a holiday weekend). the timing is consistent though. they wouldn't announce it and not have registration soon after, and registration is consistently eight months or so out.

Whoa. You're right about the dates.
January 15-18th.

Impressive.

You used the force, didn't you?

Given that Disney likes to tie their races with established events, hard to see a Star Wars race being a stand alone event in January when they already have SW weekends in place. With Tink already in place set for May, I can see them following back to back coast races ala Avengers and the Wine n Dine.

It's already confirmed Jan 15-18, 2015.

Well, I am a former WDW cast member and had an annual pass for DL for the entire time I was stationed in San Diego. Now I live in Texas and the flights to either parks are about the same so I am in that rare place of equal love for both coasts, so the suspense of where isn't killing me! I'm so happy this is really happening!:dance3:

Disney's accountants will be very pleased with their marketers getting people to sign up for Dopey, a 5k on a cruise that used to be free, and then a Star Wars race to top it off.

Disney's accountants will be very pleased with their marketers getting people to sign up for Dopey, a 5k on a cruise that used to be free, and then a Star Wars race to top it off.

Out of curiosity, where does the revenue from races go?
Is rundisney considered part of the Parks and Resorts division?

Never been able to figure it out when looking at an annual report.

I got a message on my fb page from Darth Vader...Yes! Cryptic it was, yyyeeesss.

So I am reading here that the dates are confirmed for the 15th- whatever date in January??? I must assume this would be in DL...because the WDW marathon weekend would be right before it. So it wouldn't make any sense for them to have back to back races within a week of each other in the same place. Does it?

If it was out in DL maybe that would make sense. So I could make my way to WDW for the half and then turn left :moped: and head west...

Where it is confirmed those dates are the actual ones?

I got a message on my fb page from Darth Vader...Yes! Cryptic it was, yyyeeesss.

So I am reading here that the dates are confirmed for the 15th- whatever date in January??? I must assume this would be in DL...because the WDW marathon weekend would be right before it. So it wouldn't make any sense for them to have back to back races within a week of each other in the same place. Does it?

If it was out in DL maybe that would make sense. So I could make my way to WDW for the half and then turn left :moped: and head west...

Where it is confirmed those dates are the actual ones?

rundisney's twitter. https://twitter.com/runDisney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter