Strollering Along At The World (Finally!)- A PTR (Feb '12)*TR Started 2/12*

Leger13

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! It's been at least 3 or 4 years since I've done a PTR so please bear with me. I'm excited to be doing one though and to have a reason to do one. Cause...of course....we're going back to the world and taking our baby for the first time!! :cool1:

First thing's first -

The Reason For This Trip: My husband and I struggled with infertility for five years. Each year we didn't get pregnant we tried to make ourselves feel better with a trip or two to WDW. While it helped, we still longed for a baby and a family of our own. So, in February 2010 we started treatment. The first treatment did not take but the second one we did in March did. We found out we were expecting our first baby with a positive pregnancy test on April Fools Day :cutie:. Every baby is a miracle but to us, Alex is even more so. Of course we're a little biased though. :wizard:

Ever since my husband and I got married we have talked about taking our baby to WDW to celebrate his/her first birthday. We can't make it there for his birthday this year so we settled to take him a couple months after. It will still be special! :goodvibes

The When: Right now, the plan is to go in February 2012 but I'm trying to talk my DH into going the first or second week of December so we can celebrate our baby's birthday on our trip. I don't think he will have a problem with that, it's just a matter of talking to him about it.

The Where: We are planning on staying at Caribbean Beach (the pirate rooms) or Port Orleans Riverside. We have never stayed at either so I'd love to hear some reviews on both resorts.

The Who:

There's Me: The Narrator and planner of this magical journey (my name is Carla, I'm a 29 year old first time mommy)
IMG_1958.jpg

My DH: The kid at heart (his name is Chris, he's a 30 year old first time Daddy)
IMG_0924-1.jpg

Our Son: The Miracle Baby (His name is Alex, will be a year old at the time of the trip)
He is 3 months old in this picture which was just taken on 3/17/2011
pic111.jpg

My BFF: My long lost sister and silly nilly (her name is Becca or Aunt Becca, she's a 31 year old teacher that lives in Orlando which is why she will be with us most of our trip)
IMG_0760.jpg

Becca's DH: Becca's Husband and techy guru (he's a 20 something computer and gamer nerd)
I don't have a picture of him right now.

The Reason For This PTR: so.....I've been to WDW more times than I can count. I don't even remember my first trip since I was so young and have been going every year since then so I know the world pretty well. BUT, I've never been with kids, let alone a baby, let alone a baby that I have to take care of, let alone a baby that is MINE! While, I'm excited....I'm also petrified. If it were up to me I'd probably bring everything AND the kitchen sink for Alex. I mean, how do you even PLAN a trip with a baby?? I know I don't know at this point what his naps will be like at a year old or what his eating habits will be and such so I can't really plan that right now. But I figure there's plenty of parents here that have taken their babies that can give me some insight on how to plan this trip and what to expect while we are there and some things we might need to have for the trip for Alex that we wouldn't need for Chris or I. So I hope lots of parents sign up to follow my PTR 'cause I need all of the help I can get. I'm practically begging here LOL! I want this to be a good trip, not one where we are returning saying "we were CRAZY for taking Alex so young!!":headache:

Anyways, welcome to all my DIS friends that I know will jump on board and welcome to all my new readers that I don't know yet. I look forward to getting to know y'all as you get to know me and my family and I look forward to all the advice :teacher: that will be given.

Lets get this show on the road!!! :moped:

Table of Contents:
Update 1: Official trip dates and some pics of Alex

Resort Decision

First Purchase For Trip

More purchases

Date change & Mock Itenerary

Bipolar PTR being resurrected & pictures

Trunk or Treat Pictures

cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cccchhhhaaannnngggeeeeesssss

What park, what day

Holiday/One year Birthday Pictures

Birthday Party Pictures

Random Trip Purchases

More trip Changes and ADR/Park list

Christmas Pictures

10,000th Post Nostalgia

Packing List (HELP NEEDED!)

Touring Plan Day 1 - February 4th - MGM

Touring Plan Day 2 - February 5th - Magic Kingdom

Touring Plan Day 3 & 4 - February 6th & 7th - Visit Grandparents & EPCOT

Farewell!!

How Not To Do Disney With A One Year Old

Yay, You have started

I had to be first

Now back to read :hug:

I am so excited for you and Chris. This is going to be a great trip with the Alex, the one thing you both wanted the most and deserved :hug:

We have stayed at POR and loved it. The landscaping is beautiful and the rooms are great.

Never stayed at a pirate room at CBR, but will be doing so this November, so will let you know on that one :thumbsup2

Whether you go at Dec or Feb, it will be great. You won't have to worry about the heat with Alex,

Just follow Alex lead...if he seems out of sorts or tired, go back to resort for a nap or see if he hungry.

Going to be so different

I am confident you will figure things out and have a great trip and make great memories :wizard:

Yay, You have started

I had to be first

Now back to read :hug:

yay :goodvibes Sharky is ALWAYS first!

I am so excited for you and Chris. This is going to be a great trip with the Alex, the one thing you both wanted the most and deserved :hug:

We have stayed at POR and loved it. The landscaping is beautiful and the rooms are great.

Never stayed at a pirate room at CBR, but will be doing so this November, so will let you know on that one :thumbsup2

Whether you go at Dec or Feb, it will be great. You won't have to worry about the heat with Alex,

Just follow Alex lead...if he seems out of sorts or tired, go back to resort for a nap or see if he hungry.

Going to be so different

I am confident you will figure things out and have a great trip and make great memories :wizard:

aww thanks so much girl! I can't wait for this trip. Thanks for the review on CBR! I can't wait to hear what you think of pirate rooms at CB. You're right about not having to worry about the heat. I don't think Alex would do good going anytime it's hot there. He's a sweater.

Thanks for the advice on naps and such too :)

It really will be so different. It will be like seeing the World in a whole new way and I can't wait to see it through Alex's eyes and see his joy and excitement. It's going to be amazing!

Thanks girl :hug:

Oops! I just gave some "excellent advice" :lmao::rotfl2: in the other thread so won't repeat it here.

One thing I did like a lot was disposable items like bibs, diaper changing pads, even spoons, juice boxes, etc. I know it's not "environmentally friendly" but we found it great to just use something (like a bib) and then throw it away once we were done and not have to lug it around in the parks.

Keep all those sample and smaller sized freebies for the trip -- baby shampoo and soap, diaper rash creme, baby powder, formula, medicines, etc. I still have some from when Rachel and Elizabeth were babies that we take each trip. (And I do the same for any samples I get for me, too). After we open them, we just throw them out. Makes more room for souvenirs, too!

Also, make sure you have a few reusable ice pads to help keep things cold (or just ask for ice cubes and put in a ziploc bag) like leftover food, milk, etc.

Alex looks adorable in his chair!

We took our DGD last year in july, did great as long as she had her naps ( stayed at POR) also my daughter had all disposable items, including the place mats, came in handy. Were taking her back in Dec to celebrate her bday on the 4th (DVC members this time BLT).:banana::cheer2: PS had a great time at POR.

Here I am! Here I am! :yay:

With a subliminal message ~ cue the wavy lines!

Go in December! Go in December! Go in December! Go in December!

:rolleyes1

Is it working? :rotfl:

Alex is adorable! Love his cute little self and CONGRATS on such a beautiful miracle!!! I have four of my own, so I know what a blessing they truly are and Disney with a baby (our oldest daughter was 3 months when we went with her) was SO Much fun!!! :love: You definitely see things in a very different way with your little sweetie along for the fun! :goodvibes

2nd!!! I'm 2nd!!! :cool1:

Ok, now to go back and read ...can't wait!

yay Hi Marsha!!

Oops! I just gave some "excellent advice" :lmao::rotfl2: in the other thread so won't repeat it here.

One thing I did like a lot was disposable items like bibs, diaper changing pads, even spoons, juice boxes, etc. I know it's not "environmentally friendly" but we found it great to just use something (like a bib) and then throw it away once we were done and not have to lug it around in the parks.

Keep all those sample and smaller sized freebies for the trip -- baby shampoo and soap, diaper rash creme, baby powder, formula, medicines, etc. I still have some from when Rachel and Elizabeth were babies that we take each trip. (And I do the same for any samples I get for me, too). After we open them, we just throw them out. Makes more room for souvenirs, too!

Also, make sure you have a few reusable ice pads to help keep things cold (or just ask for ice cubes and put in a ziploc bag) like leftover food, milk, etc.

Alex looks adorable in his chair!

Disposable things...got it! And samples. I must start getting samples from Walmart again. Thanks for the tips.

I can't read to all your plans :love:
Alex is adorable :lovestruc

Thank you and thanks for joining :)

I'm here!!

Yay thanks for coming over Chele!!

We took our DGD last year in july, did great as long as she had her naps ( stayed at POR) also my daughter had all disposable items, including the place mats, came in handy. Were taking her back in Dec to celebrate her bday on the 4th (DVC members this time BLT).:banana::cheer2: PS had a great time at POR.

ooo disposable placemats....GREAT idea!! That's awesome that you're going back in December too. Such a great time of year to go. Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Here I am! Here I am! :yay:

With a subliminal message ~ cue the wavy lines!

Go in December! Go in December! Go in December! Go in December!

:rolleyes1

Is it working? :rotfl:

Woot!! LOL I talked to Chris about it last night and he said it sounds good to him. He just want to see how Alex is when it gets closer to December before we book anything. Are you guys going in December?

Alex is adorable! Love his cute little self and CONGRATS on such a beautiful miracle!!! I have four of my own, so I know what a blessing they truly are and Disney with a baby (our oldest daughter was 3 months when we went with her) was SO Much fun!!! :love: You definitely see things in a very different way with your little sweetie along for the fun! :goodvibes

Aww thank you! Four miracles...what a blessing :) Babies are amazing. I'm glad to hear that WDW with a baby is fun. I'm sure it will be but as a FTM I'm stressing a bit haha! Glad I have a place to get great, experienced advice. Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

No definitive plan as of yet to go in December... but you never know! ;)

When my kids were little I used (kind of like these) placemats that had sticky around the edges so they would stick to the table and not slide around.

oooo that would be awesome to be there at the same time again!

oh and thanks for the link to those place mats. I'll have to order me some of those. :thumbsup2

No definitive plan as of yet to go in December... but you never know! ;)

When my kids were little I used (kind of like these) placemats that had sticky around the edges so they would stick to the table and not slide around.

oooo that would be awesome to be there at the same time again!

oh and thanks for the link to those place mats. I'll have to order me some of those. :thumbsup2

I hear November is a good time of year to go girls, no pressure ;)

I hear November is a good time of year to go girls, no pressure ;)

LOL Kelly...I'd love to go when you are there too but we really want to celebrate Alex's first birthday on our trip. I will for sure mention it to Chris though and see what he thinks. I really want you to meet Alex.

I'm here. Shout out!!!

So glad you get to take your sweet miracle to Disney. 5 years of waiting and the time is finally here to mold your little guy into a Disney fanatic!!!

LOL Kelly...I'd love to go when you are there too but we really want to celebrate Alex's first birthday on our trip. I will for sure mention it to Chris though and see what he thinks. I really want you to meet Alex.

Hee Hee

It's okay girl. I understand :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter