Strollering Along At The World (Finally!)- A PTR (Feb '12)*TR Started 2/12*

I need to go run some errands and the DIS is being suuuuuuuuuper slow (biiig surprise there, hah!) so I give my comments on your touring plans (overall=awesome) later!

Mist?? Now I'm intrigued! :laughing:

Is the show boring? What do they do? And which show do you think is better so if we decide to try one I'm not trying the one that's not as good as the other.

BATB is one of my all time favorite shows (maybe the Aladdin in DL is my top) It is the retelling of the story as a musical. :lovestruc

I love all the shows.. well, LMA isn't my favorite only cause I tend to not like the car noise. I hate to miss any of the shows!

Very sad news. I just found out that the Main Street Electrical Parade is closed until the 11th. The day we come home. That is my all time favorite parade at WDW and I really wanted Alex to see it. I could just cry!

Parade Closed

Oh darn girl. I am sorry.. That stinks :headache:

what is Disney Jr?

Do you know what Playhouse Disney is at MGM?

Disney Junior is just its new name

It is a show...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Winnie Pooh and Friends, and Jake and Neverland Pirates

Very cute show for little kids

Trent has sadly outgrown it :sad2:

That is great your grandfather will get to meet Alex Finally

and yay for some of Grandmom's cooking :thumbsup2

Your plans look great

I am glad you included Gran Fiesta in there

Also, don't forget about Finding Nemo ride. I think Alex would get kick out of that

As far as Ellen, I would not recommend it. Not because of the dinosaur.

But it is 45 mins long!!! If Alex starts crying or is cranky, you are trapped and you can't get off :scared1:

Your vacation sounds wonderful!! Congrats on your son. I understand how emotional infertility can be. Kudos to you & your dh for hanging in there.

As far as your questions on rides and kids being frightened:

Figment - DD was horrified by the stink of the skunk at the end. (she still hates to go on it, but she humors me. :lmao::lmao: she's 8 now)

Malstrom- DD HATES this ride! She was so scared.

Ellens Energy- she wasn't thrilled with this one when she was little, but on that one we just joked about the dino's. Saying things like "aww, he sneezed on Daddy" lightened it up for her.

good luck. Enjoy your visit with your grandparents.

Thank you so much! I see by your siggie that you have triplets and a singleton. A friend of mine had triplets too. She said it's amazing. I'd love to have multiples :goodvibes

Ugh why do they have to put that on there? That ride is supposed to be for kids and then they terrify them? Sheesh

Awww It's been a while since I've ridden it. Alex hasn't shown any fear for anything yet so it's so hard for me to determine what he may or may not be afraid of. :confused3 What was your DD afraid of in that ride?

Ah well I may have to wait for this when he's older then and understands what we're saying about the dinos.

Thank you! :goodvibes

what is Disney Jr?

Like Kelly said, it's the old Playhouse Disney. Has MMCH and some of the other shows that are on Disney Jr during the day on TV

awwwwwwwwwesome!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe you're so close!

Me either!! So surreal. I'm SO ready!! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry. It really hurts to hear things like this. I'm sure not as big a blow for those DVCers and/or people who go a few times a year! (Marsha...:rotfl:)

It really does. Yeah if I was a DVC owner I wouldn't care as much. Oh well. Alex would probably be too tired at that point to really enjoy it anyways.

I need to go run some errands and the DIS is being suuuuuuuuuper slow (biiig surprise there, hah!) so I give my comments on your touring plans (overall=awesome) later!

haha thanks!

BATB is one of my all time favorite shows (maybe the Aladdin in DL is my top) It is the retelling of the story as a musical. :lovestruc

I love all the shows.. well, LMA isn't my favorite only cause I tend to not like the car noise. I hate to miss any of the shows!

Awesome! Sounds like something I'd love! I usually can't get DH to stop for the shows so I guess we'll see if he will humor me this time

Oh I love LMA. I've always been a car and racing nut though and DH is a movie buff so the stunts really fascinate him. Alex is really getting into cars now too so I think he will really enjoy that one. Plus all the loudness and FIRE!! :laughing:

Oh darn girl. I am sorry.. That stinks :headache:

Yeah...blah :sad2:

That is great your grandfather will get to meet Alex Finally

and yay for some of Grandmom's cooking :thumbsup2

Your plans look great

I am glad you included Gran Fiesta in there

Also, don't forget about Finding Nemo ride. I think Alex would get kick out of that

As far as Ellen, I would not recommend it. Not because of the dinosaur.

But it is 45 mins long!!! If Alex starts crying or is cranky, you are trapped and you can't get off :scared1:

Yeah I hope he appreciates us driving 2 hours down there for him :laughing: He loves to talk politics so I'm not really looking fwd to that.

Yeah I'm ready for some of that yummy food!!

Definitely!

Oh yeah I did put Nemo in there. Or I thought I did. Can't miss that one!! :woohoo:

OMG I totally forgot how long that ride is :scared1: Thank you for reminding me!

Thank you so much! I see by your siggie that you have triplets and a singleton. A friend of mine had triplets too. She said it's amazing. I'd love to have multiples :goodvibes

Ugh why do they have to put that on there? That ride is supposed to be for kids and then they terrify them? Sheesh

Awww It's been a while since I've ridden it. Alex hasn't shown any fear for anything yet so it's so hard for me to determine what he may or may not be afraid of. :confused3 What was your DD afraid of in that ride?

Ah well I may have to wait for this when he's older then and understands what we're saying about the dinos.

Thank you!

Like Kelly said, it's the old Playhouse Disney. Has MMCH and some of the other shows that are on Disney Jr during the day on TV

Me either!! So surreal. I'm SO ready!!

It really does. Yeah if I was a DVC owner I wouldn't care as much. Oh well. Alex would probably be too tired at that point to really enjoy it anyways.

haha thanks!

Awesome! Sounds like something I'd love! I usually can't get DH to stop for the shows so I guess we'll see if he will humor me this time

Oh I love LMA. I've always been a car and racing nut though and DH is a movie buff so the stunts really fascinate him. Alex is really getting into cars now too so I think he will really enjoy that one. Plus all the loudness and FIRE!! :laughing:

Yeah...blah

Yeah I hope he appreciates us driving 2 hours down there for him :laughing: He loves to talk politics so I'm not really looking fwd to that.

Yeah I'm ready for some of that yummy food!!

Definitely!

Oh yeah I did put Nemo in there. Or I thought I did. Can't miss that one!! :woohoo:

OMG I totally forgot how long that ride is :scared1: Thank you for reminding me!

No problem. We took Trent on as a toddler and he was asleep. He woke up half way through it cranky and crying. Not fun :scared1:

ONE WEEK DANCE!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

:yay::yay:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

WOO HOO

:cool1:

No problem. We took Trent on as a toddler and he was asleep. He woke up half way through it cranky and crying. Not fun :scared1:

WOO HOO

:cool1:

That doesn't sound like much fun. :sad2: Alex does well at church so the length of the ride may not bother him. I dunno. I'm so worried he's going to hate everything. :confused3

I am late to the party, but I am joining in because I see you're taking your DS on his first trip (as am I -- my DS, not yours ;)) AND because you've got the B-Agile. I am considering buying one before our upcoming trip and can't wait to see how you like it.

Have you used it anywhere yet?

Don't worry. Alex is not going hate everything. He is going have so much taking it all in :dance3:

Hello!!!! Your trip so far looks great. I will talk to chris about riding soarin. Alex will love it.

Hi there Mac! LOL He said you txt'd him earlier. I don't think it worked. And I thought you had to be 40" to ride Soarin'. :confused3

I am late to the party, but I am joining in because I see you're taking your DS on his first trip (as am I -- my DS, not yours ;)) AND because you've got the B-Agile. I am considering buying one before our upcoming trip and can't wait to see how you like it.

Have you used it anywhere yet?

:welcome: How old will your DS be on your trip? Oh yes the B-Agile is GREAT!!! We have used it a few times in the last few weeks and both DH and I are in LOVE with it!! Every time we use it DH praises me for such a great baby purchase so I think that says a lot right there. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with it if you do buy one. But I'll definitely be making a full Disney use review on it when we return. You're not the only one on my PTR interested in it :laughing:

Don't worry. Alex is not going hate everything. He is going have so much taking it all in :dance3:

Thanks girl. I was talking to my Mom about it earlier and my worries and she said he's probably too young still to be afraid of anything so she thinks he will have a great time. I'm sure he will. I just have this huge fear that we're gonna get there and he's gonna hate it all. I don't know why because he loves being out in crowds and people watching and doing new things.

You are just getting jitters since his first time trip. Once you are there and see him smiling big at everything, u will relax and will have a magical time

:wizard:

You are just getting jitters since his first time trip. Once you are there and see him smiling big at everything, u will relax and will have a magical time

:wizard:

You're so right. I've been dreaming of this trip for a very long time so I want everything to be perfect so I'm now having nightmares :laughing: It will probably be great like you say and it will be such a fun trip. I can't wait to just get there already!!

I think that it will be fun because you can see everything through Alex's eyes.

:welcome: How old will your DS be on your trip? Oh yes the B-Agile is GREAT!!! We have used it a few times in the last few weeks and both DH and I are in LOVE with it!! Every time we use it DH praises me for such a great baby purchase so I think that says a lot right there. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with it if you do buy one. But I'll definitely be making a full Disney use review on it when we return. You're not the only one on my PTR interested in it :laughing:

Wow, that IS high praise. With all the gear we buy for our babies, I know how it feels to buy something that's REALLY great. I'm happy to hear you and your DH love it. :thumbsup2

My DS will be 18 months when we go in May. He was born in October 2010, so it looks like he's just a couple of months older than your DS. Isn't this a fun age? It seems like they learn something new every day.

You know, the dis should really have some kind of feature that shows you where the last place you read from was. I had a hard time remembering which page I was on. Oh well...
What a great 10,000th post!!
I agree. Carla, you were a pretty baby! :goodvibes
Don't forget about Betsy :thumbsup2
Betsy's already gone! :banana:
congrats on 10,000th! I think you did a good one too

Now how on earth am I supposed to catch up to you? I thought I was gaining on ya for a while. LOL
I was too, many moons ago. lol
Cheri

You can go over to lifers thread and post everything you have to say one word per post
We used to stay up until 3 a.m. doing that! lmao
Guess what I got yesterday!!!

d7c3f8f6.jpg

Yup, my Disney Store purchase!!

Look what the inside of the box flaps say
298ef9d0.jpg

I love the little Disney touches they put everywhere

Anyways, here's what was inside
440da088.jpg

That's a 9" vinylmation. A pretty exciting purchase! I'm on Khertz's TR and they took their 14 month old (at the time) son to WDW to celebrate his birthday. Well, they had the idea to take a black/blank 9" vinyl with them to have the kidcot people write Happy Birthday in their language on the back and have their favorite characters sign the front. I love the idea so I had to borrow it! I've been looking for a 9" black Vinyl ever since but the only place I could find one is on eBay for $40 Khertz's DH told me sometimes they still sell them on the Disney Store web site so I kept an eye on it and low and behold I hit the jackpot!! Thanks again Khertz for the idea! We wound up only spending $15 on this instead of the $40 I would have spent on eBay.

And I also treated myself to a special little purchase
85d25cbe.jpg

It's special because it says "a dream is a wish your heart makes". And this trip is all about the wish my heart made many years ago. Gosh I'm tearing up all over again!

I also found this little gem for Alex at Target over the weekend
86943b27.jpg

Anyways, so there you have it! This will probably be my last purchase for the trip before we leave.
Those are AWESOME purchases! I love the shirt!
I knew my DIS buds would appreciate that too. Chris laughed at me for taking pictures of the box :rolleyes:
Well, Chris is just a dork! :rotfl:
Ok y'all! I did a packing list for Alex and the miscelaneous stuff. I didn't do one for me and Chris since we're pretty easy to pack for. But I need HELP!!! Tell me what you think I left off. I'm going crazy trying to think of stuff so I don't forget anything. I don't want to get to WDW and realize we forgot something very important. I would die!! Anyways, here's the list....help me out here!!

Alex
1) Package of night time & day time diapers
2) Package of travel wipes
3) Tooth brush
4) Tooth paste
5) Three pajamas
6) Shoes
7) 10 bibs
8) Stroller & stroller rain cover
9) Sippy cups
10) Sun block
11) Hat
12) Disposable place mats
13) Two outfits per day
14) Vitamins
15) Shampoo & soap
16) Pacifiers
17) Baby tylenol
18) BabyBanz (sunglasses)
19) Security blanket
20) Pack n play
21) Quilt
22) Pillow
23) Socks
24) A few toys
25) iPad & charger
26) Travel Neck Pillow

Miscelaneous
1) Fruit Cups
2) Bread & Peanut Butter
3) Plastic Knives
4) Cell Phones & Chargers
5) Laptop & Charger
6) Laundry Sacks
7) Sandwich Bags
8) Cold Medicine
9) Tylenol
10) Pillows
11) Makeup
12) Tooth brush and toothpaste
13) Hair brush
14) Hair gel
15) Shampoo and conditioner
16) Razor & shaving cream
17) Travel Cereal
18) Cameras & Chargers
19) External Hard Drive
20) Vinylmation & Silver Sharpie
21) Deoderant

They make different diapers for night and day now? Is this a new thing? I don't remember that even being an option when my babies were babies!
Yeah I got a big can of Lysol so we can use it in his bedroom too. Chris hates febreeze.
How in the world does one hate febreeze? Chris is weird.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
See Voyage of the Little Mermaid. *Note: We've never watched this show. Would it be good for a one year old?

Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Return to the park and see Beauty and the Beast. *Note: we've never seen this show either. Is it ok for a one year old?

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
See the Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. Check the daily entertainment schedule for show times. *Note: we must do this!! Alex will LOVE it! He loves Lightening McQueen

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Ride the Tower of Terror if your children are willing and you've not already done so. *Note: Hooty hoo!! I will be riding this with Becca's DH

The American Idol Experience
See The American Idol Experience if time permits. Check the daily entertainment schedule for show times. *Note: we'll be skipping this and probably head back to the resort for bed by this point.

[/FONT]
I think he'll love VOTLM! Try to sit close so he can be more engaged in it. Same goes for Beauty and the Beast. Not so much for Lights, Motors, Action. Those fumes can be nasty!

You know I love ToT! I'm glad you get to ride it.

What, you don't want to make a video of yourself singing for us??:lmao:
I just remembered one more thing. I've been trying to get an earlier ADR for CM but I just couldn't get anything earlier than 10:55am and the characters leave at 11:30am so a half an hour I don't think would be enough and I hate having a sit down meal around lunch time because it breaks up the day too much so I decided to check some other character breakfasts. I considered Cape May Cafe but then I talked to a friend (thanks Betsy) and she told me at the 'Ohana breakfast they also have Mickey and Pluto. Sooo, I tried to get an earlier ADR there and was able to get a table at 7:30am!! So now our character breakfast for Thursday, Feb 9th is at 'Ohana with my favorite character STITCH!!! I'm ultra excited!! And also happy it's family style instead of buffet so I won't miss any character interaction.
YAY! I know how much you love Stitch! That will be great to get a picture of Stitch with Alex!
Good idea sitting near the exit just in case at Muppet's. You never know how babies or kids are going act.
Yes, remember...some kids are afraid of the bubbles...:rolleyes:
Touring Plan - Day 2 - February 5th - Magic Kingdom

Plan Steps
Magic Kingdom Entrance
If you are staying at a Disney Resort, use Disney transportation to arrive at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom 30 minutes prior to opening. Guests staying off-site should arrive at the Ticket and Transportation Center 40 minutes prior to opening.
Obtain park maps and a copy of the daily entertainment schedule when you pass through the turnstiles. Stroller rentals are beneath the train station, just past the entrance. *Note: We have a morning ADR (8:30am) for CP on this day so we will be entering the park at 8:00am hopefully

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
As soon as the park opens, ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant in Fantasyland.*Note: Dumbo is closed while we are at WDW :sad2:

Peter Pan's Flight
Ride Peter Pan's Flight. *Note: we will definitely run to this as soon as we're done with breakfast :thumbsup2

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. *Note: we might get FP's for this instead of riding right away depending on how long the line is.

Mad Tea Party
Ride The Mad Tea Party. *Note: if we ride this I'll have to make DH promise not to spin our tea cup :rotfl:

Splash Mountain
Obtain a FASTPASS for Splash Mountain in Frontierland. *Note: Yes I must ride this. DH will stay with Alex since he's not a thrill ride tipe

Tom Sawyer Island
Tour Tom Sawyer Island. *Note: I'm sure we'll skip this. It would bore the pants off of Alex

Country Bear Jamboree
See the Country Bear Jamboree. *note:Definitely a must do. This was one of my favs as a kid

Walt Disney World Railroad Frontierland Station
Take a round-trip on the Walt Disney World Railroad from Frontierland Station.
The Frontierland station is accessed by stairs, and is located just above the entrance to Splash Mountain. *Note: don't think we will do this either.

Splash Mountain
Ride Splash Mountain using the FASTPASSes obtained earlier. :woohoo:

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Eat lunch. *Note: Not sure where we will eat but Pecos Bill is a favorite

After lunch, return to your hotel for a mid-afternoon break.
We recommend allowing at least three hours, including transportation. Four hours would be even better. *Note: BREAK!!!! :woohoo:

Magic Kingdom Entrance
Return to the Magic Kingdom.
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Send one member of your party to obtain FASTPASSes for Mickey's PhilharMagic in Fantasyland.
Have this person meet the rest of your group at the entrance to the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square. *Note: Really? FP's? We have NEVER needed FP's for MPH.

The Hall of Presidents
Experience The Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square. *Note: Alex does good in church but this show bores me so I'm assuming it will bore him. I think DH will want to do it anyways though *sigh*

Liberty Square Riverboat
Experience the Liberty Belle Riverboat. *Note: Closed

Eat dinner. The closest counter-service restaurant is the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square. The nearest sit-down restaurant is the Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square. *Note: we have LTT ADR's for Friday so we'll be doing another CS place for dinner.

it's a small world
Ride It's a Small World. *Note: FINALLY!!! Another childhood favorite of mine. And every time we rode it before we got pregnant DH would toss a coin in and wish for a baby to come to us. *sniff*

Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Enjoy Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel in Fantasyland.

Mickey's PhilharMagic
See Mickey's PhilharMagic.

This is the last attraction in today's touring. Use extra time to re-visit favorite attractions or explore the rest of the park. *Note: I think we'll have more extra time at the end of the day then this touring plan is thinking so we might ride PoTC or ride one of the others over again

Magic Kingdom Evening Parade
See the evening parade on Main Street. *Note: Anyone know if the Electrical parade is still going on?

Magic Kingdom Fireworks
See the fireworks from Main Street.
A good viewing spot for the fireworks is somewhere between The Plaza restaurant and the Tomorrowland Terrace.
Magic Kingdom Entrance
Depart the Magic Kingdom.
DUDE! Please tell me you're not skipping the Haunted Mansion!! You've gotta get Alex on stuff like this when he's young so he's not scared of it as a toddler!

I have never been to Pecos Bill's. Actually, I've never stepped foot inside the place. It's all due to...I think it was Leah's trip report a few years ago. Wasn't it her that saw cockroaches crawling around in the salad bar or toppings bar or whatever it's called? Yeah, never wanted to go in after that.:rotfl:
Very sad news. I just found out that the Main Street Electrical Parade is closed until the 11th. The day we come home. That is my all time favorite parade at WDW and I really wanted Alex to see it. I could just cry!

Parade Closed
Oh no! That's my favorite, too! Alex would have loved that! I'm sad for you!
Touring Plan - Day Three February 6th - Visit my Grandparents

My Grandparents live in Lake Placid which is 2 hours south East of WDW so we usually either have my Grandmother meet us at DTD or we go down to their house to have lunch. This time we're going to their house for lunch since my Grandfather hasn't met Alex yet and he won't go to DTD. I'm looking forward to my grandmother's food. She's an award winning cook :goodvibes

Then we'll leave after lunch and head back to POFQ for our dinner ADR for Boatwright's. Yum yum!! We'll probably just head back to our room after that and have an early bed time.

Touring Plan - Day Four February 7th - EPCOT

I absolutely hate the touring plan for EPCOT from Touring Plans. I mean, it doesn't even include TT. What the crap???? :confused3

So we'll just do what we normally do and wander around until we see something we want to go on or some store we want to shop in.

Our favorites are Soarin' so I'll be getting FP's for that. Yet another ride DH won't go on. So I'll leave him and Becca watching Alex while James and I ride once the FP time has come.

I haven't ridden Figment in many years so I think we'll do that but I remember reading something about something weird happening at the end of the ride that sometimes frightens small children? :confused3

I love wandering around Innovations too and shopping in the Emporium there so we'll definitely be doing that.

We always eat lunch at the Electric Umbrella too.

Nemo is also a MUST DO!!! I think we might skip Turtle Talk though until Alex is a bit older.

Anyone take a young child on Ellen's Universe of Energy? I'm not sure how Alex will react to the Dinosaurs.

We'll probably ride Maelstrom as well if the line isn't long.

TT is a must do for DH but I could take it or leave it so we'll probably do something else while DH rides that on the single rider.

We also always ride SE. I loved this ride as a kid and still do. I can't wait to take Alex on it :goodvibes

And we have a dinner ADR for CR. Yum Yum!!!

Oh and we can't miss The Gran Fiesta Tour either. :goodvibes

Do y'all see anything I'm missing? I'm not sure Alex will be able to stay awake for the fire works but I'd really like to see them this year since we didn't the last time we were there.
I think they'll be refurbing TT soon. At least I remember seeing that when I was looking into going. It's not one of my faves anyway, but the kids like it. I'm not really sure why. It's always a long wait, and, really, not that thrilling.
Do you know what Playhouse Disney is at MGM?

Disney Junior is just its new name

It is a show...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Winnie Pooh and Friends, and Jake and Neverland Pirates

Very cute show for little kids

Trent has sadly outgrown it :sad2:
Mine have too.:headache: Carla, I think I'll be needing to borrow Alex on my next WDW trip! lol
Hello!!!! Your trip so far looks great. I will talk to chris about riding soarin. Alex will love it.
HAHAHA! You can't take a BABY on Soarin'! Unless they have some way to strap a car seat on. Next, you people will be telling me that you can now take babies on ToT. You just catch them at the bottom...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter