STUDIO PEOPLE: Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

• Yes

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Yes, but only if point cost is no more than the studios at BWV (depending on view)

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Yes, but only for a few nights as part of a split stay or for a short trip

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I answered Other - wouldn't book it for ourselves as a family of 4, but I could see booking one for family if it's just for a couple people instead of booking a regular studio depending on the point charts. But we are BWV owners and I can't imagine Riviera will be a better deal in terms of the point charts, even with this new room category.

Yea same and BCV, so it's likely we will "try" a stay there (unless insane points) but probably not a second time.

If I were to find the only room avail at BCV, BWV and Riviera is a TS (under 7 months planning), heck yea I would take it.

And I put any chance at all of staying at Riviera (TS or otherwise) directly because of the Skyliner.

That's a game changer for us, not interested at all in "Bus only" resorts.

The lack of a sink at the wet bar is just nasty. Who wants to fill the coffee pot from the bathroom faucet?
I have always felt this way, and avoid the hotels that have that setup at all Costs!!

I didn't vote as I generally consider us as "1BR People" rather than "Studio People." We will, someday, stay at the Riviera just to try it out, but will not be particularly drawn to the Efficiency units unless the point savings are dramatic.

I like the use of the murphy bed but find Riviera's Efficiency layout too cramped for comfort. I'm spoiled by my other point system's generous space, even in their studio units. Below are stock photos of a studio unit in Solvang, CA, using the same murphy bed/sofa concept. The unit has plenty of walking space, a gas fireplace, in-room laundry, a decent kitchen, full bathroom, and gas BBQ on the private deck. This is my standard for a studio!!

For the record, the unit below has a max occupancy of 2 guests. (All studio units in my other system max out at 2 guests.)

studio-kitchen-living-room-664x386_enhanced.jpg

studio-kitchen-bed-664x386_enhanced.jpg

studio-kitchen-664x386_enhanced.jpg

I'm still stymied that people think using water out of the bathroom faucet is somehow gross. Or that the water at the wet bar or even kitchen is somehow cleaner??
Everyone is different, everyone is fine!
I have recently spent some time thinking about, reading about Mr. Rodgers.

I didn't vote as I generally consider us as "1BR People" rather than "Studio People." We will, someday, stay at the Riviera just to try it out, but will not be particularly drawn to the Efficiency units unless the point savings are dramatic.

I like the use of the murphy bed but find Riviera's Efficiency layout too cramped for comfort. I'm spoiled by my other point system's generous space, even in their studio units. Below are stock photos of a studio unit in Solvang, CA, using the same murphy bed/sofa concept. The unit has plenty of walking space, a gas fireplace, in-room laundry, a decent kitchen, full bathroom, and gas BBQ on the private deck. This is my standard for a studio!!

For the record, the unit below has a max occupancy of 2 guests. (All studio units in my other system max out at 2 guests.)

studio-kitchen-living-room-664x386_enhanced.jpg

studio-kitchen-bed-664x386_enhanced.jpg

studio-kitchen-664x386_enhanced.jpg

I like that layout, too bad its not 6 minutes to IG.

Voted no. Not really a studio person. have done some the past couple years since our 3 kiddos are 20something and not always available to join us. But we can to conclusion that:
A) we would only do a studio for just DH and I...or if we need to add a night at front or back end and that's all we can get or all we have points for
B) we perfer a 1BR, even with just DH and I as DH has to work a lot on our trips and having a bedroom with a door is good for that and I like to do laundry
c) we have 650 points so we don't really need to conserve points

But we do occasionally book a studio. I love the BLT studio for just DH and I...the layout. So I could maybe do the tower studio but it should be less points than my BWV (where the bulk of our points are). I'd much prefer a studio at BWV to a tower studio at RR. Location is better and size/layout is better and I wouldn't have to pull down my bed each night. BUT...if the points were less than BWV I'd give it some thought.

According to the DVC news article on the 1st declaration
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...ciation?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It looks like Deluxe studios will be appx the same as VGF, and tower studios will be about 5 points less than standard view Deluxe studios.

I guess that would put the tower studios around the same points as a BCV/ BWV Preferred studio.
Their assumption it will be approximately the same as VGF is a bit off, IMO. It will be closer to BLT Lake and Theme Park view, I think. At least that is the way I took it when looking at current point charts. Considering PVB studios are the same price as VGF studios (for the post part) using the same language that has view breakdown says PVB studios are 22 and 26 for standard and lake view. So I feel closer to BLT IMO and Tower Studios around BWV standard view (maybe preferred view in high times of interest) for their studios.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ad-on-it-already.3734696/page-3#post-60305922

Last edited:
I can see using $95 in dues for a TS a night. But can also see using $120 for a studio. And no tax.

For what we pay to have DVC timeshares there is no reason not to have some kind of setup outside of the bathroom. These are consider DELUXE Villas by DVC standards. Looks like the word DELUXE was lost in the construction of these tower hotel rooms.

I think I would only do it if DH & I decided to take a trip, sans the 3 kids, and IF the points were significantly less than regular DS. If we were heck bent(not sure if the other phrase is too “non-Dis friendly :o) on say a premium view and the TS offered a killer view with less points per night than a comparable DS, we might consider it. *MIGHT* but I don’t like the thought of feeling like we were in a tiny RV space(everything in the same living area).

Interested to hear about the points on the larger studios. A little off topic:offtopic:, the pool areas look really nice! We enjoy hanging at the resort pools, so this is appealing to us. Presuming that the pools will be gated and only accessible by guests?:confused: Hoping, since this will be an attractive pool area very convenient to the gondola that non guests could use if it is not gated and accessible by MB(although at other resorts like the Poly, have experienced folks hanging at gate, waiting for someone to enter so they can follow).:scared1: Perhaps they will have the pool area manned like SAB at BC?:confused3 I would think with this attractive pool area being so convenient to gondola, that a manned gate makes good sense. :scratchin::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter