STUDIO PEOPLE: Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

• Yes

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Yes, but only if point cost is no more than the studios at BWV (depending on view)

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Yes, but only for a few nights as part of a split stay or for a short trip

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sorry I put my post inside the quote.
We visit Wildwood, NJ at times and by my mistake I booked a 1 bedroom that also only had a sink in the bathroom. Big mistake. I'll never do that again.

I voted other. We are generally doing one bedrooms now. If the trip were just DH and me and the point were lower the BWV studio, I would consider it. However, we have stayed at BWVs before and loved them. I think the location of BWV is great...the Rivera is not as good in my opinion.

I would like to stay in the new small studios for 2 nights just to try.

Doubt it would be part of a normal trip
Getting too spoiled with one bedrooms though actually love the small BLT studios with wonderful galley kitchenette area.

I answered Other - wouldn't book it for ourselves as a family of 4, but I could see booking one for family if it's just for a couple people instead of booking a regular studio depending on the point charts. But we are BWV owners and I can't imagine Riviera will be a better deal in terms of the point charts, even with this new room category.

Really have no desire to stay there. Being a BWV owner, WHY stay where there is 1 or 2 restaurants compared to 7-8 at BW? Also, walking distance to Epcot and HS. I would check out the restaurant there however. BUT.. Never say never.. Might stay 1-2 nights if the price is right.. aka points are right....

So is the dedicated studio similar to the other resort studios, king size bed, sofa bed , etc? Thanks!:-)
The dedicated studios and studios that are apart of a lock-off are identical except for the connecting door. Also the studios will have a queen size bed and queen murphy bed with this resort. The latter being something that is new (and soon to be added to SSR). Though this thread is related to the Tower Studios which have only a single Murphy bed (queen size) and a patio with 2 chairs and small table.

Nope...I can't believe that the points will be less than the "average" studio anywhere else. The gondolas are a big "no" for me so the location holds no added appeal to me either. The decor alone is not nearly enough of a reason for me to spend 12-16 points (or more!) per night for a room that is 2/3 the size of a standard studio at almost every other resort and has no "real" kitchenette, bed, or seating area. The only way I would even consider a tower studio is if the points fall into the 6-8/night range...and THAT ain't happening.

I will say that I was not too excited about this resort, but the studio pictures have piqued my interest a bit. They would work very well for my family, as long as the pull-down beds really are more comfortable than the old sofa beds. My teen daughters don't like to share a bed and they aren't fond of the sofa beds either so these might work well. We normally stay in 1BR so we do have a "points cushion", even though it would be hard to stomach paying the same amount of points for a studio at Riveria when we could be in a 1BR at AKV....but we might try it some day.

Last edited:
First off.......I thought the title said.....STUPID people, assuming.....LOL.

We might stay if we had an odd day to fill, but I really don't think so. Usually when we are in the room, DH is laying down, which would leave me with no place to sit. I suppose maybe I could bring a balcony chair into the room, but that's not ideal.
This is us. I have no desire to stay at Riviera, especially not in a tower studio.

Maybe once, on a solo trip, just to check it out and try the gondola. But for me, it's really hard to beat an OKW one bedroom...even on a solo trip.

The lack of a sink at the wet bar is just nasty. Who wants to fill the coffee pot from the bathroom faucet?
You hit the nail on the head. When I've stayed in hotels with no sink other than in the bathroom, I've let ice melt, and used that water to wash my utensils. Using a bathroom sink for food preparation? Yuck.

I voted no. To me a studio without a kitchenette is just a hotel room. I bought DVC to have more amenities in the room, and I've been spoiled for hotel rooms.

You hit the nail on the head. When I've stayed in hotels with no sink other than in the bathroom, I've let ice melt, and used that water to wash my utensils. Using a bathroom sink for food preparation? Yuck.

To me this is why this room style is so decisive. Sure there are plenty who just want a deal, of course based on rack rates we aren’t even sure this will be one, and will put up with its many oddities. But bottom line is this is a brand new from the ground up resort, not a retrofit where they had to deal with a preexisting odd space. There’s just zero excuse for this poor interior layout. It’s odd, very odd, and it didn’t have to be be. This was a new build.

It appears DVC thinks the buyer will buy anything they offer and pay crazy high price too. At these current prices and for what they are offering, DVC is mostly for the miss-informed.

I want to try it out for a night. It looks interesting, then we'll go to a one bedroom. We'll stay at that resort when we want to go to HS.

My husband and I are CFBC (child free by choice) and despite owning for about 5 years now are still pretty commando in the parks. If we're not at the parks we'd be by the pool or sleeping so if the PPN are less than our home at VWL I can see us staying here often... we own enough points for about a week and a bit every year in a studio and love our longer vacations so anything that stretches out our points makes us happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter