• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stupid Ways you have wasted money?

Watches. I had a really bad obsession with watches. At one time I had 3 Rolex, 2 Omega and 2 Tag Heuer watches as well as a few Citizens. I now wear my Apple watch and have sold all but 1 Rolex, 1 Tag and 1 Omega.

You are my husband’s twin. He is also really into watches but he doesn’t consider it wasted money! Drives me nuts! He did recently get rid of his Tag Heuers and is really now into Grand Seiko. If you like watches you will appreciate this story. We were in Mexico about 5 years ago and saw a Patek Phillip Nautilus 5711. We talked about it and I said go for it. He talked himself out of it and now the dang thing has almost doubled in price of what he could have bought it for at the time.:o

I used to buy a Starbucks coffee every day. I wasn’t even that big of a fan. I finally did the math and could not believe how much I was spending. Now my husband and I get up earlier make a pot of coffee from home and drink coffee together. It’s cheaper and we now take the time to drink coffee together and talk before work! It’s a win/win!

You are my husband’s twin. He is also really into watches but he doesn’t consider it wasted money! Drives me nuts! He did recently get rid of his Tag Heuers and is really now into Grand Seiko. If you like watches you will appreciate this story. We were in Mexico about 5 years ago and saw a Patek Phillip Nautilus 5711. We talked about it and I said go for it. He talked himself out of it and now the dang thing has almost doubled in price of what he could have bought it for at the time.:o

Yeah, I sold a Rolex 16610 Submariner for $5k a few years ago. The same watch is now going for around $9k. I kick my self for not holding out. I also just retired my Apple watch and went back to my Tag for my daily watch.

My big *** fan in our trey ceiling in our bedroom.
We were told, they only had a few left and were never making the Casablanca fan ever again.

You do not want this fan on. It propels so much wind/down draft, it is darn right uncomfortable.
I turn on my air conditioner at night, rather than sleeping under this wind tunnel. Total waste of money. I am ready to rip it out and patch the hole up.

My big *** fan in our trey ceiling in our bedroom.
We were told, they only had a few left and were never making the Casablanca fan ever again.

You do not want this fan on. It propels so much wind/down draft, it is darn right uncomfortable.
I turn on my air conditioner at night, rather than sleeping under this wind tunnel. Total waste of money. I am ready to rip it out and patch the hole up.
I LOVE fans-box fans,oscillating fans,etc.,but I HATE ceiling fans.They're a pain to clean and make a dusty path on the ceiling.No thanks.

I LOVE fans-box fans,oscillating fans,etc.,but I HATE ceiling fans.They're a pain to clean and make a dusty path on the ceiling.No thanks.
I run a little table fan at night for white noise so I can sleep at nite. My dh thinks I am nuts, he feels I should run the ceiling fan.

My wife bought a horse that she sees once a month when she takes the $600 check over for the monthly barn fee. Sometimes she sees him more if she has to go over to pay the vet if he gets sick. The horse shoe guy sends his bill. This last time she took over 3 months of barn payments because she'll be gone awhile. A horse is a huge waste of money. She won't sell him because she's afraid he may be purchased by a Mennonite and be worked to death. So we keep him.

Going to college.

My student debt is real right now :teleport:

As a CM said driving the Jungle Cruise ride, "yes you too can spend a fortune on a college education only to spend your days operating the same 10-minute boat ride." We were all howling!

Going to college.

My student debt is real right now :teleport:

As a CM said driving the Jungle Cruise ride, "yes you too can spend a fortune on a college education only to spend your days operating the same 10-minute boat ride." We were all howling!
Somebody's getting rich off all the student loans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter