Summer 2023 release date?

For some reason I see staterooms available on costco's travel site but not on the DCL site, very strange.

Also, is it normal to have to pay a cruise in full if its during the holidays? I'm trying to get through checkout with costco to book the Wish for New Years and it keeps saying I have to enter an amount greater than what I have there currently (the deposit)
No. I've sailed many holiday sailings and never had to pay in full, including via Costco. The only cruises that have to be paid in full ahead of the PIF date are GT sailings or other special discount sailings.

I've not looked for release dates before as we usually pick one that's already posted. This time we'll be celebrating a milestone birthday. I'm (im)patiently waiting for the release dates along with everyone else. This leads me to my question.

When they DO release the dates, is it at a specific time of morning or is at 12:01am?

Thanks!

T

I've not looked for release dates before as we usually pick one that's already posted. This time we'll be celebrating a milestone birthday. I'm (im)patiently waiting for the release dates along with everyone else. This leads me to my question.

When they DO release the dates, is it at a specific time of morning or is at 12:01am?

Thanks!

T
Sadly no.. it is supposed to be at a certain time online but they typically drop a little earlier, sometimes its been by an hour or more, sometimes as little as 20 minutes if I recall correctly. The phone lines always open at a specific time so they are more reliable in that way.

Calendar for the opening of the reservations for summer 2023 :

Platinum Castaway Club Members​

Sign in to your account to book online starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

Monday, May 2​

Golden Oak Club Members​

Call (800) 951-3532 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

Monday, May 2​

Gold Castaway Club Members​

Sign in to your account to book online starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

Tuesday, May 3​

Silver Castaway Club Members​

Thursday, May 5​

Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders​

Disney Vacation Club Members: Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time to book with Reservation Points.

Adventure Insiders: Call (888) 325-3822 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

Thursday, May 5​

General Public​

Book online starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

Monday, May 9​

Yep, slowly adding itineraries, still missing a lot, including all of the Alaska season and most of the Europe season. But it's confirmed that the Dream is in Europe based on the couple Europe cruises listed so far!

You can actually see more of the Europe cruises if you change your currency, but still not all of them.

Is it just me or was there a massive increase in price for the summer?
To some extent, that may be because of ship changes. The Wish is taking over the Dream's 3- and 4-night cruises out of Port Canaveral, so it's the "new" factor. And the Dream is now shifting to Europe, presumably taking over the itineraries that the Magic has historically done in the summer, so again a "new" factor even though it isn't a brand new ship. And the Magic hasn't been in the US for summer cruises for quite a while, so that could again impact those cruise fares even though they are pretty standard 3- and 4-night Bahamian cruises out of Miami. But in general I think we're going to see higher fares; DCL is probably hoping to "make up" for the lost revenue of the past 2 years, and travel is in high demand.

To some extent, that may be because of ship changes. The Wish is taking over the Dream's 3- and 4-night cruises out of Port Canaveral, so it's the "new" factor. And the Dream is now shifting to Europe, presumably taking over the itineraries that the Magic has historically done in the summer, so again a "new" factor even though it isn't a brand new ship. And the Magic hasn't been in the US for summer cruises for quite a while, so that could again impact those cruise fares even though they are pretty standard 3- and 4-night Bahamian cruises out of Miami. But in general I think we're going to see higher fares; DCL is probably hoping to "make up" for the lost revenue of the past 2 years, and travel is in high demand.
agreed. Having a littler sticker shock. Hoping to do a larger family cruise next summer. We will have to see if all are in for these prices.

Cool! But 9-night is the longest? bit of a letdown imo.
There are 10 and 11 NT cruises in Europe when you change to a different currency--pounds and euros. System is still loading dates. Tons of dates missing like all of Alaska.

Wow Europe is expensive! Think we'll be tagging one onto our upcoming trips next year instead!

EVERYTHING travel-related has huge increases right now to recoup from the shut-downs/slow-downs. I was looking at flight prices to MIA/FLL for Feb break and from release they have been at minimum $300 MORE than they have been in the past - across ALL airlines (that have been released - I despise Southwest, but I may have to consider them when their rates are out for that time).

Where are you seeing them? Usually it's the main thing on the front DCL page, but I'm seeing nothing other than "Early 2023 Itineraries".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter