Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multinational corporation my son works for has closed their offices world-wide and told all their 'white collar' workers to telework. However their 'blue collar' warehouse workers have been told that they must report to work as usual.

The 'divide' between classes of employees is alive and kicking.
I dont see that as a class divide rather one group is able to work from home and the other can't.

The multinational corporation my son works for has closed their offices world-wide and told all their 'white collar' workers to telework. However their 'blue collar' warehouse workers have been told that they must report to work as usual.

IF you can work on a computer from work and home, than why not work from home during this time?
A warehouse worker needs to be hands on, it's not a matter of classes

Yup. That's me. All cubical employees will work from home but myself and my coworker both in facilities were told we are coming in to be in charge of and oversee cleaning operations. I told my coworker today if they want that to happen they are paying me hazard pay or firing me. If our building is so unsanitary, you are not having me work there while everyone else goes home. Nope. You can pay me extra compensation and if it's good enough, then sure.
I don't think it's class issue, but that's my situation with 99% of employees being able to go home and literally just myself and my coworker.

My other unknown is what happens if the resorts remain open while the parks are closed. I booked a non-refundable Disney room through a third party website. I assume I’ll be refunded if the resort is closed so I can’t stay there, but if it’s open when the parks aren’t, I may be out of luck.
They are closing the hotels & resorts as well. They are giving a couple of days beyond the parks' closing to allow those guests staying, time to find new accommodations elsewhere.

Did you book thru Dapper Days ? Disney has rescinded the non-refundable policy for that event

Eta: spoke to them! It's cool, they're swamped, website is being updated.

Has anyone spoken to Undercover Tourist in the past 24 hrs? I paid for my DLH reservation with them for next week and they are not answering email, social media, updating website, etc. I'm like 75% sure they're just swamped by I'm hoping someone has heard from them who can reassure me they're just working hard.

Last edited:

I just canceled our reservations for this weekend. :guilty: Knowing I was going to get a weekend away is what's been keeping me going through all my chaotic schedule over the past few weeks. Not sure what I'll do instead, but I want to come up with something. Thank God I just had a really nice visit last month.

Meanwhile, I am dining out at home more than necessary because I want the local businesses to stay in business. I wonder if the Safari Park will be open. I was planning on going this month.

Five unscheduled closures of DL since 1955: 1-JFK assassination, 2-anti-Vietnam protests at the park, 3-1987 extreme cold weather, 4-9/11 terrorist attacks, 5-COVID 19

DL didn’t close for the Northridge quake in 1994, it just had a delayed opening as they inspected the park and every ride.

Its crazy how many times I've heard the news say that DL was closed in 94 for the earthquake.

according to this link (which seems to have accurate data):
"DL has only closed 4 times since beginning its 7-day-a-week operation in 1985, twice from weather (12/16/1987 (Wed) and 12/7/1992 (Mon)), 9/11, and the scheduled closure on 5/4/2005, as a media event for the 50th. "

Just a heads up for anyone with a Disney Vacation Package - if you try the chat feature, they give you a phone number to call (714)5207059. At that phone number, you'll wait on hold for 20+ minutes, just to be told they can't help you and you have to speak with the "reservations line".

Good luck if that happens, their transfer failed and I was hung up on.

I realize it's a stressful time on their end, but I do not understand why they aren't just sending an email to people with reservations during the closure saying they will process a cancellation.

Requiring everyone to call in is just asinine.

This week has been like a bad dream that you can’t wake up from 😔 My job we are still working but we have cancelled all site tours, moved in person meetings to phone/email, etc. Our director is not allowing people to bring their kids to work if their schools or daycare close so many people are staying home simply because they don’t have daycare for their kids.

Sorry to hear that you got sick on your trip. How are you doing now?

Much better now thank you. I am pretty sure it was the flu and not Covid 19 and no one else in my family got sick. I rented a scooter on our last day and had a couple naps on the steering column 🤣

Definitely call Guest Services to ask! But don't forget that your unused tickets will still keep their value even after they expire. So if you were to visit next year, for example, your could apply the value of your expired tickets toward the purchase of new tickets at the ticket booths.

See above about expired, unused tickets not losing their monetary value.

I'm so sorry for all the upset you're going through right now. Have you tried asking your questions on the AP twitter and FB pages? Sometimes the social media outlets work much faster than the DLR phone lines.

Well, this is a good reminder for all the nearby locals to remember to stop by your favorite businesses around DLR during this park closure. Stop by Pizza Press, Jim Boys Tacos, Marri's, etc. These businesses need our support!
Don't forget that DTD is still open -- so give the CMs there some love.

How do you do this?

Disneyland closed after the JFK assassination, after 9/11, and after the Northridge earthquake in '94.

For everyone calling Disney, hotels, airlines, etc., please be patient and kind with the reps on the phone!

Last edited:
I just canceled our reservations for this weekend. :guilty: Knowing I was going to get a weekend away is what's been keeping me going through all my chaotic schedule over the past few weeks. Not sure what I'll do instead, but I want to come up with something. Thank God I just had a really nice visit last month.

Meanwhile, I am dining out at home more than necessary because I want the local businesses to stay in business. I wonder if the Safari Park will be open. I was planning on going this month.
We also had Flex reservations for Sunday. Because DH and I are both 63, he felt we should stop going to the gym for a couple of weeks but was still checking DCA photos to see if we’d be okay at Food and Wine booths. 😉

SD Zoo and the Safari Park remain open.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...in-open-for-now-despite-rising-covid-19-fears

This week has been like a bad dream that you can’t wake up from 😔 My job we are still working but we have cancelled all site tours, moved in person meetings to phone/email, etc. Our director is not allowing people to bring their kids to work if their schools or daycare close so many people are staying home simply because they don’t have daycare for their kids.
I’m waiting to get the notice that my son’s school will be closing. I really do wonder how long everything is going to be shut down.

They are closing the hotels & resorts as well. They are giving a couple of days beyond the parks' closing to allow those guests staying, time to find new accommodations elsewhere.
I know this is more of a DisneyLand thread, but people from both DL and WDW are here posting about the park they're going to, so just for clarification, WDW Resort Hotels and Disney Springs are Open until further notice.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

Its crazy how many times I've heard the news say that DL was closed in 94 for the earthquake.

according to this link (which seems to have accurate data):
"DL has only closed 4 times since beginning its 7-day-a-week operation in 1985, twice from weather (12/16/1987 (Wed) and 12/7/1992 (Mon)), 9/11, and the scheduled closure on 5/4/2005, as a media event for the 50th. "

Thanks for that info - is it just me, or does that cover remind me of the sport's almanac from Back to the Future? hahah

My next trip to DL just happens to be April 1st. Do you guys think, if they do open that day, it’s going to be crazy crowded? Or do you think people will stay away? I also have a trip planned for Villain’s Night. If they cancel that would they refund the tickets?

My next trip to DL just happens to be April 1st. Do you guys think, if they do open that day, it’s going to be crazy crowded? Or do you think people will stay away? I also have a trip planned for Villain’s Night. If they cancel that would they refund the tickets?
I honestly don’t think they will reopen by then. I guess it’s a possibility but given the current situation I think it will be extended.

if they cancel Villains Night they would have to refund the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter